MSM_546

8110 - Unimog U400 General Discussion

@ I_Got_The_Last_Set: There is no "special" version of the Lego Unimog 8110 set, other than the standard licensed version that EVERYBODY can buy from Shop.Lego.com, Toy-R-Us, Mercedes-Benz dealers, etc. worldwide. The large sets are already very expensive to produce. Mercedes-Benz employees can buy the same set as everybody else.

I just had my mercedes serviced at the local dealership and I also asked when they will get 8100. Unfortunately they didn't even know that such a model exists. :(

I just had my mercedes serviced at the local dealership and I also asked when they will get 8100. Unfortunately they didn't even know that such a model exists. :(

That's not a big deal. If you worked in the bustling maintenance dept. of a busy dealership, you probably wouldn't know much about a set of toys being ordered for the dealer shop (Darn that overpriced MB merchandise!). However, thanks for asking the dealership and contributing to this forum!

PS: Don't you mean 8110?

Edited by frontier74

I meant 8110 of course.

And I was not joking. I really was at Mercedes dealership and after seeing all merchandise which they got there, I really asked about new Unimog.

I could've told you in advance that a mercedes dealer would probably know little about what specific toy types his company has licenses with :laugh:

- Sok.

On the German Mercedes-Benz website, the Lego 8110 Unimog U400 set is not yet listed among the other Unimog models (2 pages worth). Maybe the Lego model will be added after the set is re-released in Germany (with the improved compressor pump)....

SX4csK9LqdgPJuICjVIK1d-30.jpg

I'm happy to see that the release date for the set is still August 1st. :thumbup:

In Japan, release date of 8110 was postponed until September 8th ! :hmpf_bad:

No announcement about the cause as usual .

How about your countries ?

In Japan, release date of 8110 was postponed until September 8th ! :hmpf_bad:

No announcement about the cause as usual .

How about your countries ?

I'm pretty sure it's postponed in Ireland too,has anyone been onto Lego about this? It's very frustrating as were months waiting already :angry:

It's very frustrating as were months waiting already :angry:

You're waiting months already because you saw early pics and there's been a lot of discussion,but the usual release date for H2 sets is August, sometimes half way, and that is usually before what is officially announced (September).

The reason why the set has not been released earlier yet has been publicly announced by LEGO. What else do you want? :wink:

The promotional movie for the 8110 has been posted at technic.lego.com under the movies tab. It was also posted at Technicbricks. I feel that the video does not properly portray the features of the 8110, especially after seeing the video for the Extreme Cruiser.

This means that the official release is coming soon! Still no listing for the Unimog on the products page, however...

Edited by frontier74

The promotional movie for the 8110 has been posted at technic.lego.com under the movies tab. It was also posted at Technicbricks. I feel that the video does not properly portray the features of the 8110, especially after seeing the video for the Extreme Cruiser.

This means that the official release is coming soon! Still no listing for the Unimog on the products page, however...

That movie says the Unimog is "now available." What a cruel lie!

Maybe the "Challenge" logo is in the movie because of the fact that it is quite a challenge for TLG to get the set in stores on time? :wink:

I'll agree! I just stopped by at my local store (US) and they had no idea there was a Unimog. August 1st doesn't seem likely if they haven't at least notified the stores that these sets are coming!

Edited by frontier74

Had a little conversation with my webshop today. They knew about the troubles with the pneumatic part but they assured me that the set was going to be available on july 30...

So lets keep our fingers crossed!

(I've been waiting so long....)

Edited by JunkstyleGio

Had a little conversation with my webshop today. They knew about the troubles with the pneumatic part but they assured me that the set was going to be available on july 30...

I'm sure too that Lego will get the 'Mog' in stores on time and celebrate another product in the line of amazing and ever-evolving products. Long live the Danish!

Edited by frontier74

I was at the LEGO Store in Oberhausen yesterday, look what was on display:

unimog.jpg

They wouldn't sell it to me though :(

And since walking out of any LEGO store without any LEGO is blasphemy, I picked up a nice Emerald Night set for me to display (I don't even have any tracks, lol).

Edited by Arfman