MSM_546

8110 - Unimog U400 General Discussion

Great Pics! Thank you very much!

We had a discussion about the pneumatic compressor. It seems like it uses the standard pump in an new color but not a longer one. Still it should be sufficient for the crane because it uses the full stroke of the pump.

The suspension is built by encapsulating a standard 3L U-Joint in two half spheres which form a strong and flexible link. I am surprised to see such a sophisticated suspension (Torque-tube, Panhard Link, 2 shock absorbers) and I am sure you will agree that this is the best LEGO ever designed and possibly we will have to wait a long time to see something similar in future official models.

The wheel hubs seem strong and will offer new possibilities for mounting wheels to extremely heavy models. They will also get a standard part in trucktrial, making it much easier for a newcomer to build a well-performing model.

There is only one thing I don't understand: How is the torque transferred from the mid-differential to the axle that is linked to the motor?

@Anio

All the new parts offer so many new ways to use them that you shouldn't call them a necessity for a bad designed product. In fact the Unimog is a masterpiece of LEGO's product design even if the PTOs need diagonal axles.

Thank you very much for the Pictures!

:laugh: they have the wrong cab on the Chassis. The Cab from a U400 on a chassis like a U3000/4000/5000.

but i want not be disapointed.The torque tube parts make my unimogs more original and maybe they are usable as Steering parts for driven truckaxles.

The Portalhubs, hm well . I will see how good they fit in my 8448 rims. And the rims to the new tires :devil: if it works like i think, then they are usable. i make a little prophecy: in five years this new parts will cost 10€ per item, and the tires 50€ :cry_sad:

my face looks the same if i ask myself: Did i forget a Part? :laugh:

5820931432_c665017aea.jpg

Unimog Assembly - 2nd Arte em Peças - Comunidade 0937 - 55 von Comunidade 0937 auf Flickr

btw. i have pre-ordered one

5820357249_80b9b1076f_z.jpg

I'm surprised to see a center differential. I guess the fake engine is driven off either the front or rear drive shaft, and not off the differential itself? Maybe I'm wrong?

It's a given that this set will appreciate in value with time. Some of these parts will never be used again and I don't foresee any small sets with those huge wheels.

I want 2, knowing that I'll never get the sets I missed in my dark ages, this is the next best thing :tongue:

Edit: Why are there numbered bags in a flagship :oh3:

5820935210_46e68fea96_z.jpg

Edited by flyz

Numbered bags are good for those who wants instant gratification. It will make the build go faster. Don't have spent more time sorting and digging. But if you prefer old school, you can still open all the bags and mix everything together and sort it out. :classic:

Thanks for the pics.

This is so cool! I'm so happy with these pictures! It shows us the the guys at TLG did there very best in their designwork!

Even with all those new (one-use but oh so very usable/practicable!!!)parts this model is going to be the best set ever.

5820375159_fd4bd5e74c_m.jpg

Now we know why there were so many parts needed for this modle to be built. :tongue:

I can't wait to get my hand one one set and maybe I'll get a second as well. (Even when it will take some of the holiday-savings but who cares about holidays.... :tongue: )

Thanks to the guys at Cumminicade 0937 fot sharing these awesome pictures with us!

You guys made my day (and the rest of my personal waiting-time so much easier ...) :thumbup: !!!

Is it to much to ask for a little movie so we can see this marvel in action?

As a personal note I don't think I will be making a how-to movie for this set..... :wacko:

It's too bad that these parts will probably not be available from Lego Pick-A-Brick, to be able to build numerous Trial Trucks without disassembling the Unimog:

5820346773_4bb5ac28ec_z.jpg5820343551_679ef6f583_z.jpg

All parts will be available at Lego-direct!

You can order anything there; if not older than 5 years and "if on stock"....

There are plenty of parts I want from this model but I don't want the model itself. I hope the parts will be used in upcoming models too or at least be buyable individually for a reasonable price.

Looks promising, als some nice new part and tnx for the great photo's.

Oh and at first i was fooled by the mirror :D

Edited by P4trickvH

All parts will be available at Lego-direct!

You can order anything there; if not older than 5 years and "if on stock"....

can you gif me the link of lego-direct

so are the half spheres linked to the C-beam? That would be too bad!

and could someone PLEASE post the parts list???

the spheres are in fact attached to the c beam it does serve its intended purpose very well but as for using it on other mocs that arent trial trucks youll have to look somewhere else

can you gif me the link of lego-direct

Look here, mabye this helps.

Edited by P4trickvH

also that grey 7l halve beam can you explain why the last hole isnt complete? (sorry i dont know how else to say it)

also that grey 7l halve beam can you explain why the last hole isnt complete? (sorry i dont know how else to say it)

Probably a production error. The plastic is pushed with high presure in to the mold. With this liftarm it probably didn't completly fill the mold.

Edited by P4trickvH

i am dying to see a video of all its functions

If that 7L thin beam is dark bley it's the first time it appears in this color

Wow, thanks for the photos. I'm really looking forward to building this set. It looks awesome!

To be honest, I'm disapointed too. The new parts seem to be quite special to this kind of model. I would be more happy with a model built only from old pieces. Not to mention that the portal axle part could be better, as others already mentioned.

I'm very dissapointed they didn't make a C-Hub construction when they made the new portal axle part... :| I realy feel let down by TLG, but I'm still looking forward to buying his set. It has a truck load of possibilities for improvements, and modifications, using more then one motor, and making it driven. =D

-ED-

disappointed.... let down.....

It's a good thing that i haven't read the words "epic fail"...

Come on you guys! Who are you kidding!

TLG is giving us an model that has everything we ever wanted. Maybe not with the all the parts AFOLs wanted, but then again building with lego has one main advantage: you can rebuild it in any way you want!

Furthermore sometimes AFOLs seem to forget that LEGO is a toy.... Nothing more nothing less!

This thing is amazing, it may not be perfect, but it's the closest TLG have come in at least decade and a half, maybe the closest they have ever come to perfection.

BTW that new grey pneumatic pump sure does look longer to me, maybe only half a stud, but that's enough to make it line up better with beam holes.

Edited by allanp