DLuders

Emilus' Lego Technic MANITOWOC 4600 Excavator

On his Brickshelf gallery, Emilus/ Emilus6 posted 40 BIG pictures of his Lego Technic "MANITOWOC - my interpretation of 4600 series - weight 9,3 kg, 14 PF medium motors on board, fully IR operated drag line excavator with lights." Recommend seeing the extensive photo presentation and discussion at the LUGpol Forum (English translation here). :thumbup::thumbup:

The

shows it in detail:

79_Manitowoc_4600._Vicon_140.jpg

"At the outset I wanted to thank the gene, Żbikowi, Sariel and Longerowi for swallowing photos wipa and very valuable comments at times. Thanks fellas.

A few interesting facts about the model:

-Weight 9.3 kg

-14 Medium PF motor on board *oh2*

-2 Battery boxes

-268 Pieces of new tread links used in the construction

-6 Screw actuators

-3 Sets of lights PF

-3 Switch

-4 IR towers using 4 channels and all 8 functions

-13 Pieces of extension cables PF

-116 Pieces of gear used in the construction of this model (without this part): 48452cx1.gif

-1 Z40 gears

-2 Z36 gears

-33 Z24 gears

-6 Pieces Z24 clutch gears

-11 Pieces Z20 gears

-8 Pieces Z16 gears

-17 Pieces Z12 gears

-3 Z12 bevel gears

-6 Pieces z8 gears

-6 Pieces worm gears

-23 Knob Wheels

-Total length of entire creation = 157 studs

-Length of the tower (with cabin) - 57 studs

-Width of the tower (the platform) - 45 studs

-Height of the tower - 19 studs

-Chassis Length - 48 studs

-Width of the chassis - 42 studs

-Height of the chassis - 10 studs

Generally, this material as a model is unusual for two reasons. First, it is large. Much more important is the second reason, however, namely, the assumption has been built in a machine with a realistic mechanical system. What does this mean?

Well that is a diesel engine but rather an engine block, which is fueling all functions. As in reality, it is a powerful diesel engine and it drives the mechanical shafts / chains all. Another thing that the machine of this size, many things are driven from the pump oil or electric-powered generators to the main engine. But that's just how it blocks Cieślu once said) and I really wanted to prove that you can build something as elaborate mechanically.

Proved, built - no more ... The model is great, mechanically very complicated and you need to learn it. Tower trembles like a powerful working-diesel...."

1.jpg

Edited by DLuders

Wow...that looks awesome! It's nice to see something this large built from mostly studless pieces. :thumbup:

I'd like to see more pictures of the mechanical bits, especially the engine with 6 m motors. In one of the pictures, I see an LA inside the superstructure. Maybe the engine is 6 LAs/motors connected to a crankshaft?

Very nice build.

9.8KG! thats huge! His truck-trial MAZ was huge and now Emilus has built another monster! I love the complex internals and the mind boggling number of gears he used, what a technic collection he must have!

oh and sorry Dluders but that english translation link is sending me through to a discussion about solic's liebherr LTR1100 crawler telescopic crane, (which is also a great moc!)

I think this is correct emilus's dragline

Edited by Sam42

great work but it needs to be geared differantly its very slow

I don't think it needs to move faster, it is (in real life) enormous machine and it is supposed to move slow.

Great work!

Holy Cow, this thing is huuuuge. In my opinion the digging could be faster, but I have to worship anybody who can build such big machine.

Hi people.

First of all I would like to thank DLuders for posting my drag line excavator :)

Thanks for your comments.

I only wish to say that there is a mistake in the translation.

Translation is:

-116 Pieces of gear used in the construction of this model (without motor):

but should be:

-116 Pieces of gear used in the construction of this model (without this part):

Edited by Emilus

oh and sorry Dluders but that english translation link is sending me through to a discussion about solic's liebherr LTR1100 crawler telescopic crane, (which is also a great moc!)

I think this is correct emilus's dragline

The correct hyperlink is now in the original post above.

I only wish to say that there is a mistake in the translation.

Translation is:

-116 Pieces of gear used in the construction of this model (without motor):

but should be:

-116 Pieces of gear used in the construction of this model (without this part):

Translation changed in the original post above.