Sign in to follow this  
Skystorm87

CITY: Legoland

Hi!

It was a pleasure discover this website and this forum full of AFOL!

So I decided to contribute showing my little city, built combining a lot

of sets I have.

Here is the link to brickshelf Gallery:

Legoland

I'd like to hear comments to improve my layouts,

Cheers

First of all welcome to Eurobricks Skystorm. Enjoy your time in here and -just for the record- you can also introduce yourself here if you like. :classic:

Nice little town you have there. There are some interesting MOCs such as the church, the train station and the red train. What I like is the arch you've placed in the middle of the road. It's a common thing seeing modern era roads passing under historic arches in many cities around the world. Nice idea. :thumbup:

Looks very nice, ecspecially the train station! The only thing I'd improve is the crane. The window looks too bulky. I'd take a desin rom one of TLG's sets, like the 2007 Harbor.

It's really a classic town style city, and despite that's not my personall taste, I still like it. The airport is very well done, and the concept of the station reminds me of some real buildings. I know it's hard for some people to make a decent sized city, (I had the same years ago and look at my City now :laugh: )but if you keep adding buildings, baseplates and other city-related things I believe you City will become awesome :thumbup:

Would you want to make a comment on my City december update, I really would like to have some thoughts about it from other City-building people :classic:

It's really a classic town style city, and despite that's not my personall taste, I still like it. The airport is very well done, and the concept of the station reminds me of some real buildings. I know it's hard for some people to make a decent sized city, (I had the same years ago and look at my City now :laugh: )but if you keep adding buildings, baseplates and other city-related things I believe you City will become awesome :thumbup:

Would you want to make a comment on my City december update, I really would like to have some thoughts about it from other City-building people :classic:

Thank you very much for all your comments! Since my Lego city is in Sicily but I'm actually in England, I can work on it only in summer and on Xmas for few days. This is a first attempt to build a city! So I will expand it for sure but first I wanna buy bricks to complete buildings like stations, and church. I also don't like the blue building (that is meant to be a bank).

@Brickviller: your city is really amazing! I will comment soon and take some ispirations :D

Edited by Skystorm87

Great city! I too particularly like the airport! :thumbup:

Very well done. :classic:

~buddy~

C & C (that's cute & cool) layout, plus that airport is very original indeed. :thumbup:

Excellent designing there 'Skystorm87', are you planning anymore additions to your overall creation ?

In anycase, great work and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

C & C (that's cute & cool) layout, plus that airport is very original indeed. :thumbup:

Excellent designing there 'Skystorm87', are you planning anymore additions to your overall creation ?

In anycase, great work and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Thank you very much! I'd like to add another table of the same size with a beach, docks and some ships.

In that table I wanna create also a small hill with a road going up and temple ruins on the top.

With a new table I will espand the airport making a real runway, some taxyway and real gates for aircrafts.

I also have to redisign the bell tower of the church in a different way.

That's a pretty good town layout you have there Skystorm87! It has that classic town vibe into it and it's quite nice to see that most of it (if not all) are your own creations/designs and not just based on official sets.

Always the classic problem, too less space to make a proper layout :tongue: . You have a good feeling to make a nice layout, only I miss some details. Some minifigs don't have hair and you used colors that doesn't always match, like the trainstation. Maybe you working on that, I don't know.

And your metroliner isn't complete, I miss the small antenna on it.

Overall, I like those 2 churches you made in your town, they're nice and small. Keep up the good work :thumbup: .

Always the classic problem, too less space to make a proper layout :tongue: . You have a good feeling to make a nice layout, only I miss some details. Some minifigs don't have hair and you used colors that doesn't always match, like the trainstation. Maybe you working on that, I don't know.

And your metroliner isn't complete, I miss the small antenna on it.

Overall, I like those 2 churches you made in your town, they're nice and small. Keep up the good work :thumbup: .

Thank you for your comments! What do you mean that colors of train station don't match? I personally like the white and gray combinations of colour! I have a lot of hairs to cover my minifigs but I really don't like them sometimes. There are a lot of hairless men around! Metroliner will be probably destroyed to make a designed-by-me train :)

Its a great city. I especially like the Catholic church with its drive-through confessional. :D

Not feeling the whole vibe on it. What's the castle about? Just me tho.

Could be a medeival style restaurant. Something like "Medeival Times". Or maybe the historic part of town.

Edited by gotoAndLego

I like it very much. The railroad really catches my attention though :wub:

The red Passenger train reminds me of an inner city transit while the Metrolink reminds me of an out of city transit. Now I think you have inspired me to do the same. Thanks man :grin:

Its a great city. I especially like the Catholic church with its drive-through confessional. :D

Could be a medeival style restaurant. Something like "Medeival Times". Or maybe the historic part of town.

It's the historical part of the city. In Italy, almost every small city has is castle! Expecially in Tuscany and Marche. So that is just an attempt to reproduce it. The part near the station: bow, church, castle and egyptian sarcophagus is supposed to be the historical part of the city :-)

So good so far! :thumbup: I see a lot of classic sets in there, and although I agree it could benefit from a bit more space, I think it's got a good flow to it.

If you are thinking of expanding it and purchasing new bricks let me advise this: a lot of your pieces you have are very traditional classic pieces from the 80's and 90's and that is a style that newer sets have moved away from. I don't know how you feel about it, but you certainly could utilize them without having to alter your city too much.

Getting a few vehicles, maybe a new plane set, and a few street lights, new minifigure accessories etc, will be a wonderful addition to your town. Cheers! :wink: