cavegod

UCS NU-class Republic Attack Shuttle

Wow *oh2*

That is incredible, Coke sponsors the Empire then :laugh:.

The Sentinel looks a bit small now compared with the Nu, great job cavegod. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:.

PS: Whats next, a Theta, a Eta, all 5 would look lovely together.

Cherry coke actually, it's the drink of the Sith!

nah i'm having a break for now and taking it easy building a moc at the same time as someone else.

thanks for all the praise!! i have ordered the pilot and gunner so 1 last pic with them and it's onto the next project which, will not be totally my design and i don't think i will be doing a build thread as there is one already.

awesome work cavegod!!!

do you have some instructions for it, so i could rebuild it? i would love to!

Ha ha! no sorry it can be built from the pictures easy enough though.

Nice work on the Republic Attack Shuttle. It turned out pretty awesome. My son suggested I buy one when he saw me looking at the pictures.

It looks nice but the cockpit doesn't look round enough and maybe a little big and blocky.

Edited by RvB

It looks nice but the cockpit doesn't look round enough and maybe a little big and blocky.

which part of the cockpit is round?

513px-Nu-class_attack_shuttle.jpg

as for being big and blocky for some reason the camera makes it look like that but in the felsh/plastic it looks smaller :wacko:

Well, the cockpit and the gun turrets are kinda round...

Kudos on an amazing build! I really like the amount of detailing and I think you got the overall shape down (nearly) perfectly. May I ask what you used as reference for the angles of the engines and wings? Judging from the above picture it looks like the engines and winges should have the same angle when in flight mode.

No Pepsi, just Coke! Great MOC 'cavegod' Very impressive :thumbup: Those are huge, the can was a great prospect to its size. The details are awesome. Keep up the great work. :classic:

Cavegod, that is a proper masterpiece! You've captured the shape of the ship really really well for a brickbuilt ship. I don't think it's blocky at all; it's about as blocky as your reference picture. I always love it when I see an MOC on such a scale that at first glance it doesn't look like it was made with LEGO - but it was! Ter-ri-fic!

Kudos on an amazing build! I really like the amount of detailing and I think you got the overall shape down (nearly) perfectly. May I ask what you used as reference for the angles of the engines and wings? Judging from the above picture it looks like the engines and winges should have the same angle when in flight mode.

yeah i know the sides should slope a bit more but i could not find a way to achieve a strong way of holding the wing hinge, maybe i will have a rework at a later stage.

Kudos Cavegod !

You captured the shape very well and reproduced very well to the color scheme of the real ship ! :thumbup:

A display card would make the model even better.

Otherwise, how did you attached the studded wings to the studless liftarm ?

It would have been perfect if you had succeeded to include a mechanism for the wings.

Well after 3 hours of pain and extreme thinking i have managed to get the sides to slope more so it now looks right although, the wings seem a little big still. Anyway i will post a picture of the revised shuttle later on.

Kudos Cavegod !

You captured the shape very well and reproduced very well to the color scheme of the real ship ! :thumbup:

A display card would make the model even better.

Otherwise, how did you attached the studded wings to the studless liftarm ?

It would have been perfect if you had succeeded to include a mechanism for the wings.

the wings are attached using '2x2 plate with hole', yeah to get the wings to fold i would have to widen the gap where they hinge to accomodate a gear, which would take away from the nice looking sides (like the imperial shuttle looks) i thin its fine without though after all it's a display peice for shows.

It looks incredible cavegod! *oh2*:wub:

The scale pic really puts it in the WOWer book! :thumbup::grin: The two shuttles look excellent together!

CF

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Ok heres the result of 4 hrs labour!

-5437281666_04e3496967.jpg

5437283972_8fcbc9760e.jpg

5436675285_6d962308e1.jpg

5437287850_7b9d65fc6d.jpg

dunno if i ever posted a pic of it like this.

5437279530_6a98010e69.jpg

and 2 more pics for scale

5437291886_95b92e666c.jpg

5437289992_e98355a658.jpg

"Don't jump out! Captain Cavegod hasn't landed the shuttle yet!"

<hint>Brickdoctor wants you to try to take pics of the shuttle landed without regard to how hard it might be to pose the wings.</hint>

WOW!

Amazing job!

Great MOCs!

More on the AT-AT...?

theres an entire thread on the at-at somewhere on here