Fugazi

2011 Alien Conquest

I wonder what one of those brain slugs things will look like overtop the hammer-head shark atlantis warriors minifig head, the one with the teeth, could look like a cool new alien!

Not sure if someone said this before, but I think it would be cool if there was a alien conquest advent calendar. :cry_happy:

I think an alien autopsy set would be cool. using a recoloured hazmat suit from collectible minifigs, lots of horrible looking medical equipment and machines that go 'PING!'. Like a big glass sided sterile chamber with the the autopsy slab dead centre and a viewing gallery looking down on it where the Earth defense commanders watch impassively. and under the viewing gallery a holding cell for alien subjects.

Of course just to balance things there should be an alien invaders human autopsy chamber too. Where they can do their *cough* probing... :laugh:

Edited by Brickenhead-town-dweller

I think an alien autopsy set would be cool. using a recoloured hazmat suit from collectible minifigs, lots of horrible looking medical equipment and machines that go 'PING!'. Like a big glass sided sterile chamber with the the autopsy slab dead centre and a viewing gallery looking down on it where the Earth defense commanders watch impassively. and under the viewing gallery a holding cell for alien subjects.

Of course just to balance things there should be an alien invaders human autopsy chamber too. Where they can do their *cough* probing... :laugh:

That's a bit too much for kids but that's our job as Moc'ers to create those exact devilish scenes! :wink:

kids love blood and guts. green gloop and detachable limbs. I think people underestimate children a bit too much. Obviously you wouldn't make it realistic. possibly have a 2x3 panel over the alien with an x-ray image of the insides. the nasty looking implements are just dressing. an evocation of autopsy rather than an enactment of it. And in cute Lego minifig style it wouldn't look grisly anyway. No more grisly than skeletons or Harry Potter death eaters etc.

call it an 'examination lab'. or 'Earth defense operations HQ'. something innocuous like that.

the aliens would just have a big tank to hold humans suspended. noxious green or yellow. or purple. tubes and pointy probes. a suggestion of hostility without being graphic.

Edited by Brickenhead-town-dweller

kids love blood and guts. green gloop and detachable limbs. I think people underestimate children a bit too much. Obviously you wouldn't make it realistic. possibly have a 2x3 panel over the alien with an x-ray image of the insides. the nasty looking implements are just dressing. an evocation of autopsy rather than an enactment of it. And in cute Lego minifig style it wouldn't look grisly anyway. No more grisly than skeletons or Harry Potter death eaters etc.

call it an 'examination lab'. or 'Earth defense HQ'. something innocuous like that.

the aliens would just have a big tank to hold humans suspended. noxious green or yellow. or purple. tubes and pointy probes. a suggestion of hostility without being graphic.

I guess in those terms it's a definite possibility, there is a scientist in the Earth HQ set, so a base is just around the corner!

The alien mothership seems to be largely empty space, not much of a mothership.

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed with the mothership as well. I think it should have been much larger, like the mothership in the movie Independence Day :laugh: .

The alien mothership seems to be largely empty space, not much of a mothership.

Yes I was expecting something more out of it :sceptic:

I think the mothership is very cool, if only for the fact that the head alien with his brain showing is in that set.

wonder if the other vehicles dock onto it? That would make it cooler.

wonder if the other vehicles dock onto it? That would make it cooler.

I'm curious about the ufo piloted by the soldier- is there anything in the space or is it just a sort of empty frame?

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed with the mothership as well. I think it should have been much larger, like the mothership in the movie Independence Day :laugh: .

Haha, it's understandable. It'd be fun to have a more solid ship, but the empty space gives it this nice minimalist vibe to it.

Hell yeah! I want the District 9 mothership, not this dinky Mars Attacks thing. Some of the sets in this theme look great. Unfortunately, the mothership isn't one of them.

Despite the empty space it still is a massive set. Besides, can you imagine how much a big, solid UFO would cost, or weigh for that matter? :wacko:

I think when they say "mother ship" they mean command center. The commander is clearly the one coordinating the invasion, so it makes sense to call it that.

PS You can tell he's the boss because he's got the most brain showing. :laugh:

I think nobody else mentioned it before:

Zooming into the picture, I spotted some kind of little alien "pet". A small, one-eyed figure, it seems: either that, or it's the head of one of the aliens. It looked like the small Tyhrranoids from Ratchet and Clank 3, just in lime green:

Tyhrranoid.png

~ General Magma

I think nobody else mentioned it before:

Zooming into the picture, I spotted some kind of little alien "pet". A small, one-eyed figure, it seems: either that, or it's the head of one of the aliens. It looked like the small Tyhrranoids from Ratchet and Clank 3, just in lime green:

Tyhrranoid.png

~ General Magma

You can see that in the HQ set there is a blue suit astronaut with one of those guys on the head, it seems they are some sort of alien parasite.

Edited by vexorian

Yes indeed the alien pets carry connotations that resemble the brain slugs, but then again, that is a very generic alien design, and can't be pin-pointed to a specific case or show.

Hell yeah! I want the District 9 mothership, not this dinky Mars Attacks thing. Some of the sets in this theme look great. Unfortunately, the mothership isn't one of them.

I disagree. Although there is a lot of empty space in the mothership, that allowed LEGO to make the set much bigger than it probably would have been. Lower piece count. And I actually like the design of the mothership a lot better than the smaller UFO piloted by the alien soldier; it looks more like a UFO to me instead of a cone-shaped rocket.

Although a lot of these sets look great the mothership is actually one of my most anticipated.

I love the mommy ship, it seems it will have four large transparent plates which I guess mean that the mothership behaves as a portal of some sort, that makes a lot more sense than a brick-built mommyship at that scale, because mommy ships are supposed to bring other ships with them.

I love the mommy ship, it seems it will have four large transparent plates which I guess mean that the mothership behaves as a portal of some sort, that makes a lot more sense than a brick-built mommyship at that scale, because mommy ships are supposed to bring other ships with them.

I'm pretty dang sure that there aren't transparent parts filling those gaps, I don't see anything hinting that it would have that either.