Fugazi

2011 Alien Conquest

We haven't got any color chart that's up-to-date enough to include the new blue-- the only real place we've seen it is on LDD, where it seems to be color 321 or 322. And in any event, we know it's not replacing regular blue because both colors appear in the Alien Conquest sets we've seen: regular blue is used for the vehicles while the new blue is used for the uniforms.

The only blue color it could possibly be replacing is Medium Blue, which is unlikely since Medium Blue is used prominently in the Glove World set from the Spongebob theme (the Spongebob sets displayed at ToyFair seemed largely finalized, and one of them even used the new blue in it). It's also visually very different than Medium Blue, which makes replacement unlikely-- most of the time a replacement color is only meant to fix a perceived error, so any change will be minor.

I guess my post wasn't clear AND I was wrong. I never thought the new blue was going to replace old blue entirely, but I did think that all the Earth Force Vehicles were going to be made in new blue.

I sure hope they are regular blue, that would be better for classic builders. It would also make the Earth Defense HQ a lot more appealing, especially considering the Price Per Parts for the mid range sets is not that good.

Normally I buy multiples of a good priced set, but this year I might have to change with EDHQ, and the two mill sets and whitecap bay and......

Thanks for the picture 'grogall', I'm still not sure about this theme....like how does a hick farmer know how to fire a missile and I'll bet that UFO has a shield of Lego ! :grin:

It would have been better of Lego did Ben10 with the Plumbers....now that's some alien tech ! :grin:

Anyway, Brick On ! :classic:

Are they not including the soldier?? :cry_sad:

I think they will include the soldier. I doubt Lego would include the ADU barriers and the missile launcher otherwise, it wouldn't make sense with the "two factions in a box" thing Lego has going on. While kids could act out the farmer fighting back against the UFO, I believe the intent of the set is to have the ADU soldier rescue the helpless farmer from the aliens. Lego doesn't always show all elements of a set in one photograph sometimes, too.

Are they not including the soldier?? :cry_sad:

I think it is not the main CGI pic but one showing details. Else the Alien would be inside the UFO.

This theme is quickly becoming nostalgic for me...

What intrigues me the most about Alien Conquest are the homages this theme gives to my late-nineties childhood. The theme is very reminiscent of UFO and Insectoids, and the atmosphere of the theme reminds me greatly of Rampage: Universal Tour and Destroy All Humans; not to mention, AC gives the vibe of a truly legendary theme in the works. I can't really explain the feeling. Maybe it's the mystic box art and wide variety of amazing characters and vehicles?

At first glance of the minifigures I wasn't too thrilled, mostly because of the cartoonish Alien grunt and the baby blue-clad "defender". However when I think about it, this play theme really brings me back to the secret receptacles of my space-crazed childhood.

All I can say is that I am beyond ecstatic :)

Know what we really need in the next wave to complete the B-movie feel of these sets? We need a giant robot! :laugh: One with a saucer type body and some arms and legs and a couple guns and domed cockpit for the alien, or better yet have a giant brain controlling it like "Cerebulon" from war of the monsters! That would be an awesome vehicle to lead the tripod invaders! :sweet: Or maybe I should just buy these sets and make my own. :tongue:

Know what we really need in the next wave to complete the B-movie feel of these sets? We need a giant robot! :laugh: One with a saucer type body and some arms and legs and a couple guns and domed cockpit for the alien, or better yet have a giant brain controlling it like "Cerebulon" from war of the monsters! That would be an awesome vehicle to lead the tripod invaders! :sweet: Or maybe I should just buy these sets and make my own. :tongue:

All I can say is: Yes! And maybe an alien commander with a similar "Brain in Jar" head

who can be in constant telepathic contact with the robot while they whipe out us

puny humans.

First official pic!

7052 UFO Abduction

*snip*

Oh noes! the pitchfork is brown :cry_sad: Because it's scifi I would have atleast liked a colour change to grey. I'm really tempted to get the smaller sets now, I really like those alien minifigs, the big ones for me are too expensive as I don't really collect space themes, but the temptation is too strong I must get some new sets! :oh:

I concur with the giant robot idea! Along with that, there should be a permanent base for the humans.

All I can say is: Yes! And maybe an alien commander with a similar "Brain in Jar" head

who can be in constant telepathic contact with the robot while they whipe out us

puny humans.

Oddly enough there's an alien kinda like what you're describing in the game I was talking about with the giant robot, "War of the monsters" :laugh:

180px-Zorgulon.jpg

Is it just me, or do I see what looks like a red version of one of those Mars Mission alien pods? Looks like it could house something, but those pods can't fit in minifigures, so I don't know what its purpose is.

Where does the person go after being abducted though? Cockpit looks a little cramped...

Oh noes! the pitchfork is brown :cry_sad: Because it's scifi I would have atleast liked a colour change to grey.

Aren't they meant to be brown? :wacko:

You'd think that, if this was really set far in the future, that farmers wouldn't be using pitchforks.

Edited by Delta 38

Is it just me, or do I see what looks like a red version of one of those Mars Mission alien pods? Looks like it could house something, but those pods can't fit in minifigures, so I don't know what its purpose is.

Which set are you seeing this in? I don't remember seeing any sets with a lot of red parts.

Where does the person go after being abducted though? Cockpit looks a little cramped...

I think they just have to dangle there until the aliens return to their home planet... either that, or they're simply vaporized once the aliens have no more use for them. :laugh:

Which set are you seeing this in? I don't remember seeing any sets with a lot of red parts.

He's talking about the red brick in the cockpit of the ship, and no it's not one of those, IT'S A LIGHT BRICK. and from the looks of the vid of the set the fig just gets grabbed by the head and dangles there. :hmpf_bad:

Giant alien robot is a must at some point in this theme (as soon as I read giant robot, though, I pictured the Iron Giant in attack mode. I should make that out of LEGO. The Iron Giant is epic). I also think that, given the strong civilian presence in the minifig lineup of the first wave, the second wave might include a few wrecked building or bunker-style civilian structures, as there are only so many variations you can do on a round disk with an alien in it.

In any case, I have finally finalized my purchase list for this summer, and it includes a lot of Alien Conquest (Jet-Copter and Tripod Invader are top priority). All there is now is to wait.

He's talking about the red brick in the cockpit of the ship, and no it's not one of those, IT'S A LIGHT BRICK. and from the looks of the vid of the set the fig just gets grabbed by the head and dangles there. :hmpf_bad:

Oh, right! The reflection obscures it a little. I thought the light brick would have been further down...

Too bad about the farmer not actually going anywhere once he's abducted. Not that it matters too much to me, but it is fairly strange for aliens to carry people like that. :tongue:

Edit: I really should have watched that video.

Edited by Delta 38

new photos:

Thanks for the heads up r4-g9, I will update the first post accordingly! :thumbup:

This theme just looks so damn good. :thumbup: Every set looks phenomenal in those pics. This is gonna be a fantastic summer for space fans.

The mothership looks quite a bit better, too. I wish it wasn't so pricey. :sceptic:

Oh no, the Doctor looks a bit confused. That's an easy fix though. :laugh:

The Earth Defense HQ is really growing on me. It has a really sturdy and "finished" look to it, unlike the Clone Turbo Tank set that was released recently (mainly the wheel connections).

Oh no, the Doctor looks a bit confused. That's an easy fix though. :laugh:

The Earth Defense HQ is really growing on me. It has a really sturdy and "finished" look to it, unlike the Clone Turbo Tank set that was released recently (mainly the wheel connections).

Agreed. The sturdy and complete look of the HQ really makes it stand out from the HQ sets from other themes (Power Miners and Mars Mission come to mind). It's rapidly becoming my favorite.