Fugazi

2011 Alien Conquest

Hello all, new to the forums, first post in this thread. Really liking this theme, hope that Lego manages to keep it going, would love to see more sets. The aliens definitely need a base ship, maybe with a few unique figures. Perhaps a Queen, a pair of navigators, or how about a scientist of thier own.

Picked up two of the ADU jetpack sets today. Don't really care for the jetpack, but the actual jetpack element is great.

It's good to know there are lots of people who likes this theme like I do :sweet:

Do you think you can do a review of the jetpack set?

I think this theme is off to a good start. The one thing I really like about it is that it's the closest Space theme (other than Launch Command/Space Port/City Space) to come close to Town/City and everyday Lego life. The civilians integrate well with the City line, and it's not set too far in the future. This is the first time that Lego has really had a true Space theme to be set on Earth, and it's a fresh approach.

I would like to see them take it one step further by having some City-worthy buildings within the sets of the theme. Nothing too huge, maybe 200 pieces tops dedicated to a building within a 500 piece set or something like that. The other 300 pieces could go to a small alien ship and ADU car. And the building could have some built-in breakable items, or maybe a hidden gun rack or something along those lines. It could sort of be a bridge between Space and City. The City fans would get their building to put in their city, and the Space fans would get their sci-fi action while still attacking the building. Both fanbases could get a sample of the other theme and maybe integrate the two. What would be better than to have a fleet of alien ships attacking a full Lego city? If Lego gave me the opportunity I would totally do that with my city. I would like to see the bridge between the two be a little stronger though.

The idea of buildings is kind of neat. If it wasn't for the fact the it would raise the price point, I think a neat idea would be to add just a little extra to each set. Take the Tripod, it would look cool with some rubble.Maybe add the corner section of a building that it has just destroyed or maybe a car that it just split in two. They could include a damaged farmers tractor with the abduction set. The problem with that is that it isn't something kids would really care about though. As a collector it would be kind of cool though to get a little rubble with each set that would all tie together to make up a scene.

Edited by robotimms

Am I the only one who's not finding the ADU truck one of the best sets of the year? I personally find it a little small and very fragile.

Am I the only one who's not finding the ADU truck one of the best sets of the year? I personally find it a little small and very fragile.

Who said it was one of the best sets of the year? :wacko:

Lots of people, actually. I don't have it but from the reviews I've read, I think it's definitely among the year's finest.

It sure doesn't LOOK fragile to me...

Lots of people, actually. I don't have it but from the reviews I've read, I think it's definitely among the year's finest.

It sure doesn't LOOK fragile to me...

When you try to carry it, because there isn't that much support holding the two halves together, the cars split and one of the halves falls and shatters.

When you try to carry it, because there isn't that much support holding the two halves together, the cars split and one of the halves falls and shatters.

That's why you use both your hands mate :grin:

That's why you use both your hands mate :grin:

I do! It's hard with the lack of thumbs, though. :tongue:

The cars are supposed to split. I guess you could reinforce the connection if you want.

True, true. I know they're supposed to split, I just wished it were more reinforced.

I really like the jet from the ADU truck. Just hard to justify spending $90 for one part of the set... :hmpf_bad:

Who else has noticed the Squidman running in the background among the civilians on the back of the Alien Defender box :laugh:

Started building the ED HQ set and though I've only built the little saucer, pod mover and VV ship, I have to say...I'm totally in love with this set! :wub: Definitely one of my faves of the year, so far. :thumbup::thumbup:

*edit*

As mentioned in the set review, I did end up finishing the build and I totally love the set. One or two minor things that I'll add to 'finish' the set to how *I* think it should be but, really, it's a fantastic set. One of my faves this year.

Edited by Ogre

Where are all the MOCs for Alien Conquest. So far only seen a one track tank and a halo looking wheeled vehicle.

I have seen a few of those. Just thought there would be more MOCn goin on.

Maybe they're just so awesome already that they can't be improved upon?!?! :laugh:

Okay, so maybe not.

But, they ARE awesome. :grin:

Has anyone seen the alien conquest 2012 lineup? I really want to see what TLG has in store for us sci-fi fans.

No hint of it yet. I've not read rumours, either, and we've known what to expect for the rest of the themes for a while now.

Maybe they'll release more in the Summer, but for a Winter release I don't think we're in luck. Which certainly is a shame. Let's hope the theme's not a World Racers or Pharaoh's Quest one-shot theme. Though really they've used up a lot of the classic B-Movie tropes already....at least most of the ones that the target audience would be familiar with :sceptic:

Edited by Rocketbilly

I think it is pretty safe to assume that Alien Conquest is taking a break. Always a possibility for the Summer, though.