eiker86

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 5 discussion

I just realized that Cleopatra's(I'm assuming that's her) has a printed crown it! :wub:

Oh dear, you're right! That makes the hairpiece far less usable in MOC's, so I don't care for it much anymore.

This series, IMO, is by far the worst. My favourite things in minifigures are the female hairpieces. In this series, 2 of the hairpieces are in old colours, and one has printing so it can't be used for much else. There's a lot of great new parts in this series, but all the others had lots more parts that interest me. I'm just hoping that they make a few changes(e.g. Change the fitness dancer and the zookeeper's hair colours) before they release these.

I think some of the accessories look cool, like the zoo keeper's monkey and the gangster's "violin case," but overall I find them a bit of a disappointment after series 4. With series four I really wanted all but a couple of the minifigures and with this series I really could care less about most of them. I'll probably still buy some anyway but the anticipation is not the same.

Oh dear, you're right! That makes the hairpiece far less usable in MOC's, so I don't care for it much anymore.

This series, IMO, is by far the worst. My favourite things in minifigures are the female hairpieces. In this series, 2 of the hairpieces are in old colours, and one has printing so it can't be used for much else. There's a lot of great new parts in this series, but all the others had lots more parts that interest me. I'm just hoping that they make a few changes(e.g. Change the fitness dancer and the zookeeper's hair colours) before they release these.

I'm pretty sure the Zookeeper's hair already is a new color. It looks to be 192 Reddish Brown rather than 308 Dark Brown like the nurse had. The fitness dancer's hair, though, does seem to be 312 Medium Nougat, the same color used for the Pop Star, which is indeed a disappointment. Maybe there's some printing on it like with the Kimono Girl's hair, but I can't imagine any reason there would be.

I'm pretty sure the Zookeeper's hair already is a new color. It looks to be 192 Reddish Brown rather than 308 Dark Brown like the nurse had. The fitness dancer's hair, though, does seem to be 312 Medium Nougat, the same color used for the Pop Star, which is indeed a disappointment. Maybe there's some printing on it like with the Kimono Girl's hair, but I can't imagine any reason there would be.

Well I suppose that's better than it being the exact same colour, but I'd rather it was light yellow, black or dark red. But I'd rather that the zookeeper's hair was the same old colour than the dancer's hair being the same colour. The ponytail has been seen in dark orange and light nougat, which I'm very happy about, but the dancer's hair has only been seen in that colour.

Anyway, thanks for that news. I'm now a little bit more excited about this series than before.

Well I suppose that's better than it being the exact same colour, but I'd rather it was light yellow, black or dark red. But I'd rather that the zookeeper's hair was the same old colour than the dancer's hair being the same colour. The ponytail has been seen in dark orange and light nougat, which I'm very happy about, but the dancer's hair has only been seen in that colour.

Anyway, thanks for that news. I'm now a little bit more excited about this series than before.

I think you mean Medium Nougat (312). "Light Nougat" (283) is light flesh. It's one of those colors that gets really confusing-- especially since Medium Nougat is darker than regular Nougat-- but remembering the distinction can sometimes be important (for instance, when using LDD).

It is possible that the hair color on the dancer could be different than it looks in the pictures. Up until reviews showed up for Series 2, I was positive that the Explorer's binoculars were in some type of silver rather than Dark Stone Grey. So perhaps LEGO might make a change before the figs are released. Hard to say at this point.

I think you mean Medium Nougat (312). "Light Nougat" (283) is light flesh. It's one of those colors that gets really confusing-- especially since Medium Nougat is darker than regular Nougat-- but remembering the distinction can sometimes be important (for instance, when using LDD).

It is possible that the hair color on the dancer could be different than it looks in the pictures. Up until reviews showed up for Series 2, I was positive that the Explorer's binoculars were in some type of silver rather than Dark Stone Grey. So perhaps LEGO might make a change before the figs are released. Hard to say at this point.

Sorry :blush: . These colours are just so confusing. I don't know how on Earth you remember all the names, never mind the numbers!

Edited by Gregorovich

Sorry :blush: . These colours are just so confusing. I don't know how on Earth you remember all the names, never mind the numbers!

It must be a lot of memorization...

It must be a lot of memorization...

Most of it's just practice. Using certain colors regularly on LDD gives me fairly constant reminders. I certainly don't have all the names and numbers memorized, and oftentimes have to look up names and numbers for certain ones. I can remember most of the colors on the current palette, mainly because I try to correct other LDD users' color errors, and mixing up old colors with current ones is one of the most frequent errors.

Also, I'm a part of the generation that grew up with Pokemon. Memorizing obscure lists of names and numbers is nothing new to me. :laugh:

Anyway, while we're on the subject of colors, it should be pointed out that the latest LDD update has names listed for six unreleased colors, most of which were previously only known by their numbers. Many of these colors have been spotted in sets that will be coming out later this year. Specifically, Minifigures Series 5 contains a new color called 325 Lavender, used for the fitness trainer's boom box (a darker shade called 324 Medium Lavender was also revealed, and has been spotted in an extended-line minifigure clock).

And yes, I do still need to look up these new colors to make sure I get the numbers right. :wink:

Edited by Aanchir

There will be a price increase for S5 in our retail shops :( how about yours ?

Edited by toytoy

lego minifigures going to be in light blue bags and you can see it here: http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/File:Series5.png

Thanks, but I believe those are pre-production mockup packages. I believe the packaging that ultimately shows up in stores will be some other color.

(I see that was your first post. Welcome to Eurobricks!)

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Thanks, but I believe those are pre-production mockup packages. I believe the packaging that ultimately shows up in stores will be some other color.

(I see that was your first post. Welcome to Eurobricks!)

Easy to spot it's a mock up, the packets haven't been sealed at the top

I like it, but it's missing the "zing" of series 4. However series 4 is my favorite one yet, so it's hard to live up to it.

It just seems that this wave is all the fillers scrapped from previous waves. Infact, there so many fillers they've become a majority.

It just seems that this wave is all the fillers scrapped from previous waves. Infact, there so many fillers they've become a majority.

I don't see how most of these ones are "fillers". There's the brilliant lumberjack, the boxer, the kaiju, the eskimo, the royal guard, and by far my favorite, the graduate. True, none of these besides possibly the graduate, mobster, and dwarf can easily be considered army-builders. And true, the dwarf, small clown, cave girl, and snowboarder are ideas that have been touched upon before. However, I don't think an idea has to be brand-new or a possible army builder to deserve an appearance in the collectible minifigures.

Think of it this way: the crash test dummy was dreadfully unpopular among AFOLs, and was not very useful for army building. Does that mean that there should never have been a LEGO crash test dummy? Nonsense-- it was an innovative idea that was carried out very well, and that couldn't have easily been incorporated in any other LEGO theme. The idea that a fig has to be super-desirable among all people in order to deserve a slot among the collectible minifigures is silly and would lead to LEGO throwing out plenty of perfectly good ideas.

I don't see how most of these ones are "fillers". There's the brilliant lumberjack, the boxer, the kaiju, the eskimo, the royal guard, and by far my favorite, the graduate. True, none of these besides possibly the graduate, mobster, and dwarf can easily be considered army-builders. And true, the dwarf, small clown, cave girl, and snowboarder are ideas that have been touched upon before. However, I don't think an idea has to be brand-new or a possible army builder to deserve an appearance in the collectible minifigures.

Think of it this way: the crash test dummy was dreadfully unpopular among AFOLs, and was not very useful for army building. Does that mean that there should never have been a LEGO crash test dummy? Nonsense-- it was an innovative idea that was carried out very well, and that couldn't have easily been incorporated in any other LEGO theme. The idea that a fig has to be super-desirable among all people in order to deserve a slot among the collectible minifigures is silly and would lead to LEGO throwing out plenty of perfectly good ideas.

Sorry, my opinion. I understand your point though, and it is a good one, I'm just having a little rage over the fact that it just isn't as interesting as series 4.

I actually like the crash test dummy a lot. I understand it's not necessarily the most useful for most builders, but I think it's one of the more desirable, in that the very idea of it is inherently amusing - hey, it's a crash test dummy minifigure!

Sorry, my opinion. I understand your point though, and it is a good one, I'm just having a little rage over the fact that it just isn't as interesting as series 4.

"Rage?" Really? "Mild disappointment" I could understand even without sharing your assessment, but "rage?" I mean, honestly...

"Rage?" Really? "Mild disappointment" I could understand even without sharing your assessment, but "rage?" I mean, honestly...

I'm not pulling my hair out about it, It was used for effect. :tongue:

I personally think this will be the best series yet. Gladiator, mobster, royal guard, and cleopatria will be very popular.

I personally think this will be the best series yet. Gladiator, mobster, royal guard, and cleopatria will be very popular.

IMO, this is my least favourite. My favourite things are hairpieces, and this series only has 4. One of them has already appeared in the same colour and one has printing which makes it far less useful for MOC's. So there's basically only 2 hairpieces in this series. There are however plenty of other great new pieces, but there's not as many that interest me as there was in the other series.