Shine

Hero Factory 2011

I just made these scans of the Savage Planet comic! :grin: Each page is 600 pixels or less in width and 255 KB or less in file size.

How do you like them?

-Toa Of Justice

EDIT: I also have scans of the Hero Factory 3.0 promo from the magazine. Each of these images may have more pixels, but each one is still under 255 KB.

EDIT 2: I almost forgot to give the Brickshelf gallery link.

The comic's very nice. The colors kind of bother me a bit, since rather than the lush jungle colors we've seen in web animations everything seems a lot more faded. This type of coloring and lighting worked for the swamp in the 2008 BIONICLE comics, but I can't say I'm especially fond of it here.

They're really pushing the increased piece count from the first wave as an asset. It's interesting, since this sort of comparison is almost never used for marketing other sets. I think this is one of the things I like about the new building system and the marketing for it-- TLG is really proud of the actual construction potential the 2.0 and 3.0 part designs have, and they don't try to hide it. The potential for MOCs is being promoted just as much as the figure in each package, as has been demonstrated with the latest LDD palette and the Hero Recon Team program by DesignByMe. Those combi models on the back of the comic aren't all beautiful, but they're definitely imaginative.

It tickles me pink that the magazine feature mentions Bulk's "trademark two-handed weapon system". It was a pattern I noticed between Bulk & Vapour and Bulk 3.0, and I'm pleased that I incorporated it into my Bulk 2.0 MOC on LDD since it just seems to fit him so well.

Can't wait until I can get my own hands on some of these third-wave sets.

The comic's very nice. The colors kind of bother me a bit, since rather than the lush jungle colors we've seen in web animations everything seems a lot more faded. This type of coloring and lighting worked for the swamp in the 2008 BIONICLE comics, but I can't say I'm especially fond of it here.

It could be just my scanner. The actual print version seems a little less faded than my scanned version.

They're really pushing the increased piece count from the first wave as an asset. It's interesting, since this sort of comparison is almost never used for marketing other sets. I think this is one of the things I like about the new building system and the marketing for it-- TLG is really proud of the actual construction potential the 2.0 and 3.0 part designs have, and they don't try to hide it. The potential for MOCs is being promoted just as much as the figure in each package, as has been demonstrated with the latest LDD palette and the Hero Recon Team program by DesignByMe. Those combi models on the back of the comic aren't all beautiful, but they're definitely imaginative.

I wonder why this wasn't promoted with the 2.0 wave. Perhaps LEGO wasn't sure how the fans would use the new building system. Now that there are quite a few published MOCs using the new system, LEGO may have decided it was OK to promote its construction potential.

It tickles me pink that the magazine feature mentions Bulk's "trademark two-handed weapon system". It was a pattern I noticed between Bulk & Vapour and Bulk 3.0, and I'm pleased that I incorporated it into my Bulk 2.0 MOC on LDD since it just seems to fit him so well.

Didn't the original Bulk had a one-handed weapon? :sceptic:

Can't wait until I can get my own hands on some of these third-wave sets.

Same here. :grin:

-Toa Of Justice

Is it just me, or is Rocka 2.0's face reminiscent of Bumblebee's? :grin:

Is it just me, or is Rocka 2.0's face reminiscent of Bumblebee's? :grin:

He does have a kind of movieverse Bumblebee look. XD

Was kind of curious, but is anyone else not seeing the new Hero Factory sets on ToysRus.com anymore?

Didn't the original Bulk had a one-handed weapon? :sceptic:

Yes, like all the other non-rookie Heroes. At the same time, since there have been two versions with dual weapons it's nice that they're acknowledging some continuity there, and it feels good to see writers for the magazine arriving at the same conclusion I did when designing my Bulk 2.0 MOC. Personally, I would be extremely happy if it were a conscious decision by the designers to give Bulk 3.0 two weapons as a reference to Bulk & Vapour, although that may be a bit too much to hope for.

Hey, I recieved some hero yesterday and I tested the Jungle Crushers game with Stringer and Rocka, but now I can't access the game anymore. It says "page not found". Am I the only one that have the problem ?

Hey, I recieved some hero yesterday and I tested the Jungle Crushers game with Stringer and Rocka, but now I can't access the game anymore. It says "page not found". Am I the only one that have the problem ?

Nope, you're not the only one.

Got the comic in the mail yesterday,

other than being VERY fast paced, I must jump on the boat and say that Rocka 2.0=BumbleBayBee.(bayformer bee for those who dont know my nickname for him;))

Bad news guys, Amazon (for the UK that is) has stopped dispatching the 3.0 sets and says that the release date is now August the first, just as the Lego store in westfield suggested :(

I'm just hoping that my order made on Tuesday still goes through and that I can still recieve my sets.

Not entirely sure how I feel about Rocka's eyes being the lion's eyes vs. the mouth frames his whole face. I think the mouthface looks cooler, but the correlating eyes are more consistent with the other heroes.

Hm.

Might there be scans of the latest HF comic around? Also, I don't remember seeing the Ordeal of Fire comic.

yes i belive that they were a page back or so

Might there be scans of the latest HF comic around? Also, I don't remember seeing the Ordeal of Fire comic.

My scans of the Savage Planet comic are here, and scans (from someone else) of the Ordeal of Fire comic are here.

I think it would be very helpful if these links were added to the first post of this topic.

-Toa Of Justice

Quick Question, does anyone here see the new sets in a local store, that live in the US?

It aired in the beginning of April if memory serves. A few friends of mine uploaded it to youtube here, if you're interested in watching it. :classic:

Edited by Mesonak

Quick Question, does anyone here see the new sets in a local store, that live in the US?

I bought Rocka, Rocka XL, and Bulk at a Toys R Us in Oklahoma yesterday.

I bought Rocka, Rocka XL, and Bulk at a Toys R Us in Oklahoma yesterday.

Guess I'll check new orleans again at five. It's a rare day that I have custody of my car, so why not. Still, I'm resigned to accepting the August release. grumble grumble grumble... :tongue: