Shine

Hero Factory 2011

God damn it Lego. Everytime I think I'm done, you PULL ME BACK IN.

Very cool stuff here- want to see that huge red beast in more detail. The Witch Doctor looks epic- I may get him based on the name alone, honestly. However, he seems to correct a lot of the design flaws the Fire Lord had (unlike Rocka XL... :()- his thighs have a decent amount of bulk to them. Also, dat staff. Some of those new heroes look... interesting. Like the more primal, gladiator theme of them. Rocka, Bulk, and Stringer look great- Furno just looks stupid. The new villains are awesome- Waspix shall be MINE, if only because he features four Ben10 claw hands and is YELLOW. Raw-Jaw, or whatever he is, looks like a giant red ape upon closer inspection, and if that's the case- awesome. Just awesome. If not, well, I'll have to get a better look at him. Fangz looks uninteresting... as of now.

Yep. Already know which ones I'm getting. You rock, Lego.

Edited by Darkness Falls

OOH EEH OOH AH AH

Black Ben 10 hands in various quantities! And lovely-looking claw pieces! Hooray!

Is this are earliest ever glimpse of a new wave? I cant remember a single time when I knew what the next wave was before I had bought the current wave! xD

Rocka is a lion, white head is supposed to look like teeth.

Waspix/Scorpio share the same head

Waspix has trans yellow shells

All heros have a green shell- likely a printed piece

Looks like late 2011 HF is going to be making a trip to the Swamp of Secrets...

I wonder how long LEGO is going to keep up with this whole .0 thing before finally changing to completely different characters.

And I'm just going to assume that those green pieces on each of the 3.0 heroes are probably just preliminary versions of the individual armor plates we've been seeing on the 2.0s. Hopefully the final versions won't be so green. Actually, I hope the final versions are a lot different. But, if not, I'll make due with the sets that I like. At least the whole standardized mask thing from the 2.0s was dropped, which is a plus in my book. I'm liking them so far. Most of them, anyways. Rocka has a humorously large head, but I guess that makes sense, seeing as he's also getting an XL version.

Anyways, nice to see Stringer and Bulk making a triumphant return, and from what I can tell, Stringer actually looks like his original set.

Furno and Stormer are my favorite characters, so I'm glad that LEGO seems to want to put the two of them in every. single. wave. of their toyline. Thanks, LEGO!

Edited by Destructive Soul

Interesting, to say the least. I'm not certain whether that's good or bad, though. Hmm...

Rocka 3.0: Okay, I let it slide because Nex and Evo were just 2.0, but 3.0, really? There was no 1 or 2 ".0" for Rocka. Also mask/helmet/headgear/fruitcake looks ridiculous. Name is pretty dumb, too.

Nex 3.0: Okay, for some reason that helmet reminds me of Turaga Vakama, so bonus points for nostalgia. Still, I've got a problem with that weird green armor piece, all of them have. I let it go with Nex because his secondary is green, but it shouldn't be standard issue.

Stormer 3.0: Sorry, Lego, I still haven't forgiven you for 1.0, so forget this.

Bulk 3.0: Where was 2.0 to begin with? And his name says "Bulk"; that means HE SHOULD HAVE BULK THAT IS GREATER THAN A TOOTHPICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, not a fan of his duel-wielding.

Stringer 3.0: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Furno 3.0: Stop trying Lego; he's just unlikeable. You're only prolonging the suffering.

Waspix: Okay, give me a stupid name for every set, if they all look this great. :) I am very pleased.

Raw-Jaw: ... Thumbs up?

Fangz: Again, we have a set that induces nostalgia. Very Fenrakk-esque, much too my pleasure.

Rocka XL: WTF?!? X(

Scorpio: This totally makes up for everything about Hero Factory.

Witch Doctor: This is officially the greatest, yet most horrible (I mean that in the villain sense.), to ever come out of Hero Factory. Ever. :D This is great.

Overall 8/10 Not bad, Lego. The Bionicle Stars, for comparison, got a 5/10, so this is improved greatly.

I am a bit dissappointed with canister sets, and I don't like villains. Perhaps, except Jetbug.

It is good that KEGO has made flexible knees and elbows, BUT I don't like the way how they attach armor.

Also, I has waited for something Space Marine-like, but those are looks like uncompleted freaks. It need MOAR shoulder armour! =)

And I don't like those helmets. Heroes has silly look with them.

EDIT: Guys, I've just talking about Heroes 2.0!

Those Heroes 3.0 looks just great from that distance! I can't wait to see'em closer!

And those new big villains looks very promising!

Edited by -N13OS-

Guys, you are all assuming that there has to be a set with 1.0 or 2.0 for that character to be justified. Seriously? It irritates me to see people complain about Nex, Evo and Rocka not having 1.0s and Stringer and Bulk not having 2.0s. Guys, these aren't Toa. It's obvious that the teams fluctuate and different Heros go on different missions. It almost annoys me that people complain that there are to many reoccurring figures when you complain that they don't have previous incarnations. The story would include them probably, so let it pass.

Anyway, more contained (less Xmas Eve over drinking) comments.

The heros: Loving the insect appearance of them, though Furno looks to be a blip. Hopefully witch doctor will use one of his dolls to kill him off with voodoo or something, Furno is dull. Rockas head is too big. :/ Bulk looks awesome, even if his first prelim appearance appears to be contradictory to hIs character. I'm thinking of a predator with those wrist blades aswell! :) Stringer = Win. Is Nex using a new mold from Breezes old form?? Speaking of Breeze, shouldn't jungles and insects be her forte? Why isn't she there? Stormer = Gladiator!

Villains: All cool, all worth getting I reckon. Witch Doctor has Von Nebulas head on his staff! Oooooh.

Edited by The crazy one

My thoughts...

Furno 3.0: This guy is just like stormer. He's the optimus prime of the series. But to me, he's a plain annoying character in the show, and I'd like to have something new, instead of seeing him for the third time. Figure wise though, that mask looks danged EVIL.

The Ahsoka of Hero factory :laugh:

Edited by ceroknight

How did we get such early pictures of the summer wave of sets?

Anyway, if you scroll to the right and left on birdmart33's album then you can see the entire wave of summer 2011 sets.

Edited by Nike2032

On another note, I realized that we may still have dual sided masks. If not that, then lots of recolors. Obviously Rocka and Rocka XL have the same mask, but so does Scorpion and Waspix

I doubt they'll be as obvious though considering they are insects.

On the reoccurring characters talk, The Alpha Team I love. I am happy to see Stormer and the lads come back. BUT, Furno is not welcome. He is like an annoying itch that you can't get rid of. Atleast Surge has disappeared for now. Breeze was fine. Furno just irratates me. I also hate how he is sort of like Anakin. Better than everyone else. I would rather see Stormer kick megablocks that an adolescent robot winge as he takes down a robot. :/

YEAY, NO MOAR CLONE HELMETS I WANNA HUG THIN AIR CUZ OF THIS <3

I think Mammut has the same mask as Nex 3.0

PS, just noticed you can zoom on the pics (762x1024), pretty large without pixels :D

I don't like the random green armor placing though :(

PPS I think Rocka XL has a white HF2.0 head.

Edited by Phantoka_Chirox

YEAY, NO MOAR CLONE HELMETS I WANNA HUG THIN AIR CUZ OF THIS <3

I think Mammut has the same mask as Nex 3.0

PS, just noticed you can zoom on the pics (762x1024), pretty large without pixels :D

I don't like the random green armor placing though :(

Those are probably just their in place of a new design name tag.

On 12/25/2010 at 8:28 AM, Phantoka_Chirox said:

Yes and hero core

(first post) Hey, I just realised that Scorpion's head/mask looks like Bitil's Mask (Mohtrek).

Hey! Nice to see a new member. If you havent already done so it would be a good idea to hop over to the "Hello" forums to introduce yourself. :)

Seems like we'll have tons of large sets this time. Uh oh my wallet will suffer. I am excited about just about every large set but firelord. Rocka XL, Witch Doctor and Scorpio all look like interesting guys. Waspix will probably be a winner too.

It looks the heroes are closer to 1.0.

It worries me that it is yet another wave of heroes, it reduces the chances that my store will import the 2.0 ones.

It also seems to me that the storyline involves going back in time, and battling the witch doctor and his beasts...

Edited by vexorian

Y'know, Witch Doctor solved the problems Fire Lord has, but I'm dissapointed in Rocka XL. Rocka XL has the same problems Fire Lord has. But excepting this set, I love the others, especially Witch Doctor, Waspix and the 3.0 heroes..excepting Furno 3.0 and Rocka 3.0...they are weird.

Whaaat?! The second 2011 line? Is it normal to see a new line that early?!

For some odd reason, I have problems to zoom into them, but as far as I can tell, they look pretty cool. However, I'm not sure if and which of them I'm gonna get for MOCing.

A few more thoughts:

- I wonder if the heroes still use the same basic head piece like the 2.0 heroes, only with new helmets.

- No new colours for limb pieces, they're all black. :hmpf_bad:

- Lil' Rocka's head reminds me of Meltdown...

- ...same goes for big Rocka's head

- I'm curious about Furno's weapon. And his shoulders.

- Favourite hero: Again Stormer (well I like the colour white, and his heroic appearance).

- Favourite bad guy: Dunno, the look all... weird.

Well, I'm still waiting for more infos about that Hero Recon Team business.

Edited by ZORK64

only summer sets I'm likely to get are Witch Doctor and that awesome red warthog thing.

Witch doctor is like something I wanted out of bionicle for a long time - because of the tribal aspect of the island of mata nui era - built some blowdart matoran with hordika skull helmets and ehlek grass skirts... headhunters... and witchdoctor just does all that and more for me :thumbup:

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

Anyone else notice the cool new piece that Stormer, Stringer, Rocka, and most of the villains have that allows the claws? This should be a cool piece, and a cool wave. Bulk doesn't look bulky enough though. And Stormer has a "villain core" on his arm. Maybe a trophy. I think it would be better if they'd just released another wave of 2.0, with 4 new heroes and Bulk and Stringer. 3.0 Doesn't make sense this soon. But whatever, the sets look awesome so I'm not going to complain. :D I can't really make out a whole lot on the villains, but they also look pretty good. They seem to have a new spiky armor piece probably similar to the fire piece on the most recent wave. And does Witch Doctor have two heads?? Because it looks like he does, on his really weird / long weapon arm, and that is AWESOME. I wonder how much this guy's gonna cost. He certainly looks better than Fire Lord (although I am quite a bit more fond of Fire Lord in person).

New around here, and have been out of the Lego game for quite some time, Technic and Bionicle even longer. But I managed to snag a few of these new 2.0 sets, because they looked interesting enough, and the new building style piqued my interest.

Anywho, did a few mods to cover the awful back view on these heroes. Was a really simple fix, and improves the look of them drastically.

Take a look!

Stormer 2.0 Mods Back View

And a front view.

And just to stay on topic, those 3.0 sets look pretty rockin'. Granted my vision isn't what it used to be, so I still cannot see much from the provided pictures. Ah well, patience is a virtue.