Fugazi

Pharaoh's Quest 2011

Picked up the biplane and motorcycle sets the other day; have to say that I was quite pleased with them. The mummies are great and the dark red parts are fantastic. Nice construction too, particularly on that biplane. :thumbup: This is definitely a nice fill for the Indiana Jones/Adventurers niche, even though it's a little offbeat- although that almost just makes it more endearing.

Definitely recommend the biplane set for those of you who are still deciding!

Picked up the biplane and motorcycle sets the other day; have to say that I was quite pleased with them. The mummies are great and the dark red parts are fantastic. Nice construction too, particularly on that biplane. :thumbup: This is definitely a nice fill for the Indiana Jones/Adventurers niche, even though it's a little offbeat- although that almost just makes it more endearing.

Definitely recommend the biplane set for those of you who are still deciding!

That's actually the only set I haven't gotten, it didn't really look that good. :sceptic: I got the sphinx recently and it was surprisingly good. I'm combining it with my pyramid to make a anubis temple and It's turning out quite well. :classic:

If the Sphinx in the "Rise of the Sphinx" set looked more authentic - or came with an Obelisk instead of a vehicle and Anubis guards instead of mummies, I'd probably buy multiples of that set.

However with the way it is, Scorpion Pyramid is really the only set that interests me....mostly for the Pyramid, the Obelisk, the Pharaoh, and Anubis guards.

If the Sphinx in the "Rise of the Sphinx" set looked more authentic - or came with an Obelisk instead of a vehicle and Anubis guards instead of mummies, I'd probably buy multiples of that set.

However with the way it is, Scorpion Pyramid is really the only set that interests me....mostly for the Pyramid, the Obelisk, the Pharaoh, and Anubis guards.

I thought it would be stupid and I'd just use it for pieces but I ended up liking it. :classic:

I thought it would be stupid and I'd just use it for pieces but I ended up liking it. :classic:

Is the Sphinx set really worth the $50, espicailly of one has a tight budget?

Aedai Rivin

Is the Sphinx set really worth the $50, espicailly of one has a tight budget?

Aedai Rivin

Well really the price isn't bad if you go by the price per piece ratio. :classic: The set's decent with a little modifying and even if you don't like the set it has tons of rare/useful parts! :sweet:

So after this Egyption themes is done will Jake Raines have more adventures and if he does what will it be called ?

Has anybody noticed that some of the microfigs in the Ramses' Return set from the LEGO Games theme are based on Pharaoh's Quest characters?

Jake Raines

Archibald Hale

Mac McCloud

Unfortunately, the fourth microfig is an unnamed male character, rather than the beautiful Helena Skvalling. A real pity...

Just thought I'd share that. What are people's thoughts?

Edited by Aanchir

So after this Egyption themes is done will Jake Raines have more adventures and if he does what will it be called ?

I hope they will continue, even if its with the egyption style. I wouldn't mind more pyramides or sets like that.

It would be cool to see a few jungle or even asian/china/japan/indonaisa kind of sets or even the dinosaurs sets.

Just look at the classic adventure sets.

Its basicly that in a new style.

Has anybody noticed that some of the microfigs in the Ramses' Return set from the LEGO Games theme are based on Pharaoh's Quest characters?

I hadn't noticed, very interesting and appropriate! But it's all the more perplexing that they would choose an anonymous character instead of an existing one for the fourth microfig. Perhaps this is a sign of an eventual second wave of Pharaoh's Quest sets, or am I reading too much into this? Alternatively, it's just another display of TLG's strong gender bias.

Oh and by the way, Jake Raines doesn't look very good in blue! :sick:

Well really the price isn't bad if you go by the price per piece ratio. :classic: The set's decent with a little modifying and even if you don't like the set it has tons of rare/useful parts! :sweet:

Part of me wants the set for further addition to my steampunk collection, but all the minifigs in it are nonexclusive; I'd rather pick up a third Golden Staff Gaurdians or save up for the Pyramid.

And another thing. I have so many places where I want to spend my money I don't want to dish out $100 bucks for some of those minifigs. I think I'll just get a couple repeats of the smaller sets and leave it at that.

Aedai Rivin

Customer Service renders of the Pharaoh's Quest microfigs:

4615400.jpg4615405.jpg4615408.jpg4615411.jpg

Just thought you might like seeing those. I have all the microfigs on my Brickshelf now without errors.

I think this theme needs better mid-sized sets. I have the sub-$19.99 ones and I really want the pyramid, but it's too pricey and the Cobra and Sphinx aren't impressing me enough for me to shell out my limited amounts of cash. I hope the second wave has more interesting mid-sized models.

Hm. Maybe they'll make some kind of Nile River subtheme with crocs and steamboats. :wub:

I wonder how much change there is that pharaoh's Quest will be continued.

And if you will this be in december or next year, because I do think the sets are going well right?

I wouldn't be surprised at all if LEGO did a jungle theme. It makes lots of sense if you think about it. I do think that it will probably have a totally different cast of characters and may even be set in a different time period. That being said, just think about a booby-trap filled mayan temple pyramid. :devil:

Edited by Jack Bricker

I think they will either make more Egyptian sets with the same characters, or a new theme but with the same characters. Think about Johnny Thunder and Co, they had about four different themes, but the cast stayed the same. Personally I would love for LEGO to do a jungle or Oriental theme, as I missed out on them the first time, and they were so good.

I think they will either make more Egyptian sets with the same characters, or a new theme but with the same characters. Think about Johnny Thunder and Co, they had about four different themes, but the cast stayed the same. Personally I would love for LEGO to do a jungle or Oriental theme, as I missed out on them the first time, and they were so good.

Pretty much this. I expect LEGO to make another wave of Egyptian sets, which I don't mind at all, but I hope that they'll (at some point) go the Johnny Thunder route and keep making new themes using the same character. Personally I've got my fingers crossed for another Oriental theme.

Well I know NZ won't but I think someone in the aussie sales thread said it would be exclusive to one retailer?

It would be way too expensive to buy in Australia anyway. Much cheaper to buy online form the U.S. One or two of the US sellers offer reasonable shipping (most don't however as they like to make money on the shipping) so look around and you will find it - it takes about 1 to 2 weeks to arrive in Sydney from the US. Excellent value if bought on line from the right seller.

Hi,

The Scarab Attack 7305 is a welcome addition to my collection. A great set, fantastic value for money and the scarab is one bug I would not want on my back !!

Thanks

5491920983_50f8d27b19.jpg

There's Something Behind me, isn't there?

Hi,

The Scarab Attack 7305 is a welcome addition to my collection. A great set, fantastic value for money and the scarab is one bug I would not want on my back !!

Thanks

5491920983_50f8d27b19.jpg

There's Something Behind me, isn't there?

Fantastic! :laugh: Reminds me of the King Kong movie!

That Scarab is one of my favorite little models of recent years. It's so adorable, menacing, and fun, all at the same time. I credit it with being the set that sold me on Pharaoh's Quest. Well, along with the new mummies from the Golden Staff set. Such great villain minifigs. Now if only the local stores had the flying mummy set in stock!

I'm finding myself fond of the new cast. Jack was clearly mentored by the now-retired legendary adventurer Johnny Thunder. Just look at the sideburns!

Need to pick up the Cobra and Flying Mummies, next. Maybe another couple Golden Staffs, entirely for the mummies (okay, and the cool motorcycle and staff parts).

Maybe a couple more scarabs, too. So awesome.

Got my Cobra and Flying Mummies. Both rock.

Edited by Esser-Z

New promo sets:

30091-1.jpg30090-1.jpg

And no, this is not a joke. At least I don't think so, considering Brickset added them to their data bank. :look: They look quite nice as they remind me of the old adventurers promos. However, they don't contain anything special, so I probably wouldn't get them.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

The plane's cute, but I can't bring myself to like that car. The grille piece used just doesn't work one bit with those proportions. If it had been made one stud longer it might have worked just fine, but as it is it doesn't even work for me to imagine it as some type of amusement park attraction.