Tobbe Arnesson

The Stormies new shooting range

Playing back the security tapes from the recent Jedi "courtesy call" it became quite clear that the Stormtroopers could not aim their guns. Funds were set aside to create a shooting range for the Stormtroopers to practice their skills (well, hopefully get something that at least could be mistaken for skills).

The shooting range is now completed and it's quite easy to find; just visit the "green corridor" in the new Death Star.

1+Green+hall.jpg

You'll find a stair case leading up to the shooting range. Darth Vader himself took these stairs today. A meeting got cut short when he killed the other attendees (as he often tend to these days), so he decided to visit the shooting range instead. Enough about that, let's climb the stairs shall we?

2+Stairs.jpg

Uh-oh! It seems Darth got his steam up and are busy killing yet another Stormie! But this is the engineer behind the new shooting range, what could have kicked Darth back into killing-minions-mode again?

3+Darth.jpg

Well, it should not have been the Stormtroopers who are busy at target practice? (sorry about crap panorama edit)

4+Shooters.jpg

...and it should not be the Stormtrooper who's busy downing an Ewok-burger. Eating those pesky little critters is standing orders.

5+Burgers.jpg

Wait a minute... what the Hoth does the targets resemble!?!?

Duckons from Naboo? No surprise Darth felt compelled to get rid of the chief engineer!

7+Target.jpg

Here's an overview of the whole scene (apart from the green corridor that's below the table and Darth):

8+Overview.jpg

Extras

Photo: 3/4-view towards ducks.

Photo: 3/4-view towards Stormies

Photo: Shooting trench.

Edited by Tobbe Arnesson

Another good entry, very nice concept and well done on the execution. Am I correct to assume that you did some 'trick photography' to 'multiply' the size of this build? :classic: In any way, this is still a very good creation and the best of luck in the contest! :thumbup:

Looks intense but can you take an overall picture please?

Agreed. Other than that, it looks good. I like the duck target! :laugh:

Hilarious, I love it :laugh: If the stormies can't shoot those oversized ducks, no wonder they can't hit anything else :tongue:

Hilarious, I love it :laugh: If the stormies can't shoot those oversized ducks, no wonder they can't hit anything else :tongue:

Lol I agree, nice work. But a overall view would be nice

I've updated the first post with an overview shot. I'll post it here as well:

Here's an overview of the whole scene (apart from the green corridor that's below the table and Darth):

8+Overview.jpg

I hope this answers KielDaMan's question, no trick photography to multiply the size. All built on a 48 x 48 baseplate but the corridor is one level below the rest. Also the ducks "swim" lower than the Stormies stand, having high ground should further help them hit the ducks. :devil::laugh:

I've restarted the upload of the behind the scenes-video which better shows the corridor in relation to the other and also the motorized ducks. Should be done within one hour...

Now it all makes sense! Stormies target practice on a duck-shoot (and on giant ducks too) no wonder they have such terrible aim.

This is much better now we can see the whole thing. I like lots of little details here eg; the spiral staircase, the red tiles on the walls, Vader using a force-push on the clone and the pink chairs :laugh: .

Good luck.

Thanks Praiter Yed! Yeah, I should have skipped the ceiling and put in that overview from start. Well the expiry date on this contest ain't over quite yet so no big harm done. :classic:

The behind-the-scenes video is now OnLine along with a three more photos, I've linked them under "Extras" in the main post but here they are as well:

Photo: 3/4-view towards ducks.

Photo: 3/4-view towards Stormies

Photo: Shooting trench.

Edit: And if anyone wonders the ducks are Primo Animal Duck with Yellow Beak. There's a big hole in the body where I managed to squeeze in two technic brick 1 x 2, a 1 x 2 plate and two 1 x 3 slopes. The tehcnic brick hole is then put on a 3 wide chain link which is part of the chain drive...

Edited by Tobbe Arnesson

Great work Tobbe Arnesson, :thumbup:

I really like seeing the stormtroopers shooting on those giant ducks as target practice. :grin:

Good luck, in the contest.

the Inventor

Great work. This is awesome and I love that they are shooting at ducks :laugh: Great touch. Good luck in the contest.

Great job :thumbup:

Hello!

That's a great picture story you're telling here. :classic: It starts like serious story but with an unexpected humorous payoff. Great! :classic:

~ Christopehr

Haha very nice, the giant duck targets are ingenious! :grin:

Nice work Tobbe!