skiff_001.jpg

skiff_002.jpg

The Sarlacc Pit

pit_001.jpg

pit_002.jpg

The Deck Gun

gun_001.jpg

gun_002.jpg

Thanks for the resized pics! This looks like a really fun set. Lando's helmet is truely awesome.

My only complaint is the lack of more of Jabba's soldiers on the barge. *n*

Very nice review. The whole set looks awesome. I hope you can get up some reviews of the other sets you bought.

Oh dang. I swore to myself never to buy another SW-set, but first i get a V-Wing (which I found very mediocre) and now THIS beauty of a review sparks my lust for a motherload of new brown and new greys...

Just by looks I find the sails to be the best part of the deal by far. They could so work on a regular fantasy-background (air-)ship! And Lando's helmet is miles ahead of any other piece when it comes to resembling some generic "arena-pit-fighter"-helmet.

Screw you LEGO! I need my cash elsewhere! :'-( :'-) *wub* ;-)

Looks like a good set. I especially like the inclusion of a cooking unit, which I thought was a tranparent gonk droid in all the low-res pics we had before.

I think out of the last three big OT SW sets (in the new colours :/), the Sandcrawler comes off best.

Somehow I'm unsure if I'll buy this or the ISD.

the sailbarge is already the number 1 set in the topseller list. that's how popular it is. i like the ISD better but a lot of people don't agree with me since the ISD is at a distant no. 7. :-P

Hi, I know discuss a set released in 2006 is not something that new but I think this topic makes its point by itself. I own the Jabba Sail Barge and I generally read reviews that states it is an awesome set with an awesome design but to be honest I can´t agree with that. This topic is for discuss why this set is cool and well I think is not something posted before :laugh: . So here are my thoughts:

To be honest the set is actually cool but I think it miss something. The front looks weird and the sail sticks are well... very simple, a bit more detail in the deck would be cool but well :hmpf: . So what do you think :sweet: ?

Well, make your own review to counteract their reviews.

Edited by Thomas B.

I always thought it was a great set because it was a vehicle with plenty of room inside and out. Sure, the deck doesn't have much, but there is lots of space to put minifigs. The inside has many little details that I found neat, like the jail, various accessories, and Jabba's "food". :tongue: To me the exterior design looks pretty good. It has the basic shape down, and I like how Lego incorporated the multiple pannels that lift up along the outside as you see in the movie. Besides the overall design, the minifigs are great! Jabba, Slave Leia, and Lando in his disguise are just some of the cool figures included. Plus the set also had a desert skif and mini sarlacc for fun scene purposes. All of this for a reasonable price seems appealing to me.

The biggest problem I found with this set is that the panels on the stern of the Barge fall off much too easily.

I would also agree that it lacks additional detail on the barge with regard to both the deck and interior but as has been said the skiff and pit provide compensation.

I bought the Sailbarge when it came out, and it is still one of my absolute favorite SW sets. My arguments:

1. The build is very interesting, with a lot of SNOT (one of the first official sets to use SNOT on such a scale)

2. The result is very satisfying: noweher near on scale, but perfect as for shape

3. It has enormous playvalue: both inside and outside look great. Inside has room for the enormous figure which is Jabba, and still has plenty more room for any other figures you want to join the party belowdeck. The cell (although it misses a door!) gives some extra playvalue, as do the deck canon and the skiff. True, the Sarlacc isn't great, but welcome as an extra.

4. Great figures: Mainly Lando Calrissian with the superb helmet and flesh colored slave Leia, of course, but the new torso'd Gammorean is also nice. Lastly, at the time this set came out, there weren't many sets in which flesh Han and Luke had appeared.

All in all, in my top five favorite non-UCS sets, this makes the nr 3 spot (behind AT-AT and Millenium Falcon but before Sandcrawler and Star Destroyer)

I think something like this is more suitable when asked in the Review topic on the Sail Barge.

Did you read it?

I'm fairly sure you'll learn how people feel about the set there.

Tonight I'll merge this there - where it belongs.

I thought it was great. They should have made it a bit bigger with more detail though.

I really wants this set , I have none of the minifigs that are in, and I need some of the pieces for mocs!(yes , I only buy for destroy the set really quickly and use it pieces for mocs^^ ) it looks really great to me, I don't really think that the upper deck look "empty" I think it's supposed to be so, and as someone noticed, it allows to put a lot of minifig on it!

When I said the front looks weird I really mean the "front" of nose because if anyone look at it, it looks like there is one of the brown large pieces missed in the front :tongue: .

where do you want to add one of these big brown piece, I think it looks nice like this^^

6210-51.jpg

I've moved the topic on the Sail Barge here.

Discussing a set is best done when having a review, comments and pics to do it from.

This is a good review, but you could add some pictures of the completed set.

Try reading through the first and second page, there you'll find pics and links to other pics.

I really like this set but the one thing that annoys me is luke right hand. Its meant to be black not flesh!!!

Edited by Roncanator

I really like this set but the one thing that annoys me is luke right hand. Its meant to be black not flesh!!!

no need to write it twice, or is there? I never get why so many people complain about this and that, it is Lego. You can always exchange it. And first of all, he put on his black glove on his X-Wing travel from Tatooine to Dagobah - after being shot in his artificial hand on the Sail Barge. No offense, but why don't you check the movie before ranting?

Zzz out

no need to write it twice, or is there? I never get why so many people complain about this and that, it is Lego. You can always exchange it. And first of all, he put on his black glove on his X-Wing travel from Tatooine to Dagobah - after being shot in his artificial hand on the Sail Barge. No offense, but why don't you check the movie before ranting?

Zzz out

Really??

I thought he had it on after he got the artificial hand but oh well I havent watched the movie in a long time :tongue: :tongue: