mrplease

2011 Kingdoms + US prices

No, it's a young man. Do you see any lipstick or eyelashes on the face, after all? :tongue: Besides, that hairpiece has so far been exclusively used for males. Great to have it in a new color, by the way!

I'm loving the unique civilian minifigs that the Mill set offers, alongside the fantastic animals and medieval farming equipment. This is a rare treat for a set, indeed.

Yeah, I should have had a look at the larger version of the pic... :blush:

Another box art image

kingdoms.jpg?w=890

oops it was posted before!! :)

Edited by phoinix

As soon as I heard about these sets I was giddy with excitement, but seeing even more of the mill makes me want it even more. Actually it makes me want several. I'm going to be vibrating in place till these are released.

I have to respectfully disagree with people about the farm animals. It may be that the chickens and goats don't look like lego. Then again the horses didn't look like lego when they were first released. Neither do the cows, or the pigs, or parrots, or monkeys, or owls, or frogs, or spiders, or the cats. I think you get the idea.

Simply put it takes a while to get used to the animal molds. Trust me they will grow on you.

IMHO the thing that looks silly is a brick built animal sitting next to a horse, minifig, or other molded animal. Brick built animals usually don't look good at minifig scale. I hope they keep releasing more animals. I think they are great!

Edited by DaleDVM

Did I saw that right? The King will be in a smaller an thus cheaper set (7188) than the Kings Castle set.

I hope it will be exactly the same (same print, colours and pieces)

I just noticed some difference (that I dont like). The King is not wearing its plate armor, have just red pants and also his arms are red instead of white. So it IS a cheaper version himself too :cry_sad: so the whole set is cheap :thumbdown:

Edit: But I love the cart and those other set!!

Edited by Ro87n

Did I saw that right? The King will be in a smaller an thus cheaper set (7188) than the Kings Castle set.

I hope it will be exactly the same (same print, colours and pieces)

I just noticed some difference (that I dont like). The King is not wearing its plate armor, have just red pants and also his arms are red instead of white. So it IS a cheaper version himself too :cry_sad: so the whole set is cheap :thumbdown:

Edit: But I love the cart and those other set!!

You go way overboard in evaluating this matter! Other people might strongly disagree with you and actually prefer the newer version of the lion-faction's king. Some might be entirely indifferent and just accept the fig as is. Stating however that a whole set's design was cheap because YOU deliberately CHOSE to find a change to be cheap is, well, a cheap and shortcoming mode of thinking.

Just take some deep breath, relax and try to reevaluate the situation: Doesn't this newer version offer some possibilites the older does not? I say no! It does give you however a king in a less martial attire, perfectly fit for a carriage ride or holding an audience in his throne room. That's the place where it begins to become cheap: lacking variation, now fixed for your convenience by TLC itself. Enjoy!

But frankly: It is now that you pointed out the change that this very set first became interesting to me! I got 6 king-torsi from the advent calendar and find them to be mostly useless in multiples (well unless you imagine a kingdom with one king and five full grown princes competing for succession... "Stardust" anyone? ;) ). This new torso offers to me a good new aspect to sink my teeth into. So thank you Lego for another useful piece to have!

Be well all!

Cutty

Other people might strongly disagree with you and actually prefer the newer version of the lion-faction's king.

Yeah, at least two people (me and someone else) has already voiced in this thread their happiness in that the king is getting a new torso. Of course, I might not be as happy if I didn't already own the king from the King's Castle and the prince from the Advent Calendar. But such is life.

It does give you however a king in a less martial attire, perfectly fit for a carriage ride or holding an audience in his throne room.

Dunno, I think the king's new torso may even be somewhat more "martial" than the last year's version, which is (excluding the breastplate, obviously) imo quite perfect for the said throne room audience scenes etc. with its the rich colours, fur linings and heavy jewelry. We just have to wait for a frontal pic to know what this year's version really looks like.

Edited by Haltiamieli

Some might be entirely indifferent and just accept the fig as is.

Yup,I'm like that. I don't care whether it's the same king or something completely different, as long as it's an interesting fig in itself. But even if it wasn't, I'd still love the set for having the best carriage LEGO ever produced (in my personal opinion) and two awesome trees from which a couple of neat Dragon knights ambush. I love that set and will definately get it! It's so insanely better than the Fantasy Castle carriage.

In fact, I'm really hyped about all the new sets. I think they're generally much better than the initial Kingdoms wave, which apart from the great figs overall did not impress me all that much (apart from the Dragon tower, which I will definately be getting hopefully soonish).

i really like this mill set and cant wait to buy it , i dont agree with the people who say the animals dont look like lego , the animals are new , and the brick build ones are terrible , its my opinion

I agree with Cutty. Variation is much needed and appreciated. Secondly, my family loves the molded animals - the pigs, the cows and the horses. Nobody seems to take notice of the brick-built chickens on my MMV. I agree that once we get the new molds, we'll learn to love them.

Just looked at the pictures for the first time.

Omg. Amazing. I love the new printed horses, and the new animals. The spotted horse and pig, and the carriage printed horse. And dragon knight cavalry and he has the hinged helmet!!! The new chickens look cool too.

What appears to be new civilian torsos and the return of the pitchfork! I can definitely see myself getting duplicates of these sets.

Am I the only one who's noticed new shutters in the windows of the barn?

I noticed them. They're also in the London Escape POTC set. :)

FWIW... I was just at my local TRU this morning, right as the store began to open, and the local LEGO rep was there helping some of the staff reassemble their Lego aisle. I sat there for a few minutes just watching them discuss the layout, etc. and it was pretty interesting hearing her wanting to use the 'slower' Creator sets as dividers between City and other lines like Kingdoms and/or Harry Potter.

At some point, they asked me for help, and I played dumb asking to see what they did with all of the Drawbridge Defense that was in the same store just a few months ago. I didn't really get much response other than 'oh, that's a pretty old set.' But, she did break out the retail book to show me some of the upcoming Kingdoms sets, to which I said 'wow, a windmill, that's so clever,' etc.

I asked when they'd be available here in the US, and she said it's a confirmed AUGUST release for the new Kingdoms sets. So there you have it from the horse's mouth, if we didn't know that already.

FWIW... I was just at my local TRU this morning, right as the store began to open, and the local LEGO rep was there helping some of the staff reassemble their Lego aisle. I sat there for a few minutes just watching them discuss the layout, etc. and it was pretty interesting hearing her wanting to use the 'slower' Creator sets as dividers between City and other lines like Kingdoms and/or Harry Potter.

At some point, they asked me for help, and I played dumb asking to see what they did with all of the Drawbridge Defense that was in the same store just a few months ago. I didn't really get much response other than 'oh, that's a pretty old set.' But, she did break out the retail book to show me some of the upcoming Kingdoms sets, to which I said 'wow, a windmill, that's so clever,' etc.

I asked when they'd be available here in the US, and she said it's a confirmed AUGUST release for the new Kingdoms sets. So there you have it from the horse's mouth, if we didn't know that already.

Hey, thanks for the intel!

I got 6 king-torsi from the advent calendar and find them to be mostly useless in multiples (well unless you imagine a kingdom with one king and five full grown princes competing for succession... "Stardust" anyone? ;) ).

:laugh: Haha. That movie was quite curious!

As I have all my sets built, I HATE having multiple kings. I have 2 Crownies & 2 Royal Knights kings already. 1 I pretend to be the real king, the other is his decoy. Not sure about my 2 Vladeks, Danjus, Jaykos, Santises & Rascuses though... or the 6 or so Majistos...

I asked when they'd be available here in the US, and she said it's a confirmed AUGUST release for the new Kingdoms sets.

SUCKS. That's forever away. "I want a mounted dragon knight, daddy, I want one nooooooow... :angry: " "Yes, Veruca darling :look: "

Haha well played sir! :laugh:

You "ninjad" her mind. It doesn't really make sense to have these release in August though, considering the POTC sets are coming in may and the Alien Quest sets in July, it would be way out of the synch with the rest of the summer sets. I just hope this isn't the case. :cry_sad:

These are lovely sets and I probably will buy a few of them. I don´t agree with those saying that the mill is too small. I´ll put it on a little brick-built hill and it will look splendid.

According to this the windmill will be US$70. And the smith will be US$10. Is your wallet ready?

Edited by lisqr

According to this the windmill will be US$70. And the smith will be US$10. Is your wallet ready?

Thanks for the info! He's referring to this sentence by the way:

Construction turns back time to the medieval village in four new LEGO KINGDOMS sets ($9.99 - $69.99).

Mill Village Raid being 69.99 USD will likely convert to €84.95 in Finland, that being the price of Garmadon's Fortress too. I think I will have to buy MVR and Blacksmith Attack straightaway, but I will hopefully endure without King's Carriage Ambush and Escape from Dragon's Prison until the sales season. :tongue: Still waiting for the right price to buy Prison Tower Rescue and Outpost Attack of the last wave, too.

Thanks for the info, lisqr. $10 USD is a pretty good price for the blacksmith set, but $70 USD for the Mill Village Raid? $50 or $60 I could understand, but $70? :wacko:

Thanks for the info, lisqr. $10 USD is a pretty good price for the blacksmith set, but $70 USD for the Mill Village Raid? $50 or $60 I could understand, but $70? :wacko:

Oh, I dunno... 6 figures? A spotted horse and new animal molds... I don't think it's so terrible.