Derfel Cadarn

Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?

What i really like about this is that aside from being an amazing piece of work, it tells a fantastic story too. I find this pretty inspirational.

I do not think that I can fully express how amazing this MOC is. I really can't. This is so nice and so much detail, I just want to keep staring at it!!!

This is the sort of thing that you can show people who don't get the whole AFOL thing to help them see the beauty of it all. Wonderful piece of work!

This is an amazing picture, every little detail makes it so perfect. I have a question tho... and some have probably already asked this but i want to know how many pieces this is? if you have counted them.

Wow, I'm surprised this is still getting comments. Thanks to all for your great words. Firstly, I get all my pieces from sets, bricklink, fairs and jumble sales, and no I would never sell any of my Lego. Secondly, I really have no clue how many pieces are in this as I never really pay much attention to things like that when I'm building. It was pretty much solid all the way through, so my expert guess would be.....a lot. Thanks all again, I really appreciate your comments but this is now a very old thread and the moc has long since been demolished, so feel free to look but don't bump it with anymore comments. Thanks

I was reading through the forums to get a bit of info on the new Lego Kingdoms sets. I came across this thread and it's so awesome I signed up just to tell you that! I love the pic of the hidden Falcons ready to fight.

Wow. Your builds are truly amazing. I'd like to see some work-in-progress photos of these, to see how they evolve over time. The sheer act of building up the depth in the model here is masterful. Is this just plates layered on more plates? Some sort of post construction under all the ground to form a shell, then thinly covered w the greens and browns? I'm really curious how you build all this up.

Like everybody here, I'm also amazed by your builds Derfel. You really have a talent for details, and the nature you make around the houses is so live and colorful. Just marvelous. :classic: