Sign in to follow this  
AllanSmith

Hero Factory 2010

Nothing interesting here, move along... :sadnew:

I beg to differ, good sir. A similar theme opens up new recolor possibilities, as well as providing many new and most likely BIONICLE-compatible pieces.

as well as providing many new and most likely BIONICLE-compatible pieces.

*cough*BEN10*cough*

-Omi

*cough*BEN10*cough*

-Omi

Aren't Bet10 pieces compatible?

Or are you saying something else I'm not getting? :tongue:

*cough*BEN10*cough*

-Omi

Exactly. The hand pieces the Ben 10 sets introduced seem like they'd be great as just hands or talons or feet or maybe even heads. I want a few.

Exactly. The hand pieces the Ben 10 sets introduced seem like they'd be great as just hands or talons or feet or maybe even heads. I want a few.

inorite

Was actually gonna buy Chromastone for the pink, until I saw the Lego Army Men.

-Omi

I wish we had some better pictures.

I'm starting to think that this may, in fact, be some sort of mech-type of franchise, what with the sets looking nothing like humans yet possessing human names.

Hahaha oh my god. I take a small nap and...

Those names are super-shit. X D

Looks like some clueless, oldfart, numbskull executive somehow took charge.

What is this, a black and white serial from the NINETEEN FIFTIES?!?

Here, here... let me help Lego out with names for series 2... um um um... Zap Lazer, Captain Space, Martin Meteor, Andy Action... gyuuh.

Even when I was a really little kid, I HATED awful names like this.

This all is just some horrible attempt by Lego to cash in on Ben 10 and satisfy a movie company.

New and or recolored parts in ANY Lego set is a welcome thing... I literally DO NOT CARE what the set names or theme are as long as the parts rule.

Only... only this cheesy-megablocks sounding thing is supposedly the "decider" if a Bionicle-type line continues?

Oofah.

I think they might be fuckin' up here. There's too much depressing fail in those names for me to be optimistic enough to say, "we'll just have to see".

... ... ...wrong year. See you (much) later guys. Again.

It hasn't got a spiked ball, and it is bigger. Also since it is a prelim, remember the Glatorian prelims, they had the Piraka launchers at first, so this will be changed.

Yes the names are crap, big deal. People watch Ben10 don't they? XLR8. Chromastone. Swampfire. Ben10 is very big in the target audience, so do a theme with alike names and ation figures. Sadly unlike Bionicle, it won't appeal to us as much. But the sets look promising, that's all I need.

Edited by The crazy one

It seems there are alot of traditional parts in here. Rotor has black Brutaka blades for his rotor, Neb (Von Nebula) has the traditional titan leg-build. Alot of Piraka Claw-Feet and Duke (Ducan Bulk) Had one of those flip-helmets from the vehicle drivers this year.

And I'll say it now, before someone else does

Dibs on 7170 (Jimi Stringer, But I'll give him a better name :devil: )

It seems there are alot of traditional parts in here. Rotor has black Brutaka blades for his rotor, Neb (Von Nebula) has the traditional titan leg-build. Alot of Piraka Claw-Feet and Duke (Ducan Bulk) Had one of those flip-helmets from the vehicle drivers this year.

You´ve got quite an eye...I can´t see most of them but I´ll trust you. :P

I doubt he did. It's going to be different.

Guys, stop assuming all these pieces are here. Obviously some are but Thornaxs? Old Bionicle helmets?

Superheroes? :cry_happy:

Or just heroes of everyday life?

Dream come true...

Call me childish, but i like it!

edit:

7167 William Blaze

I bet the names are related to colors, so i bet you his red guy.

And if they are nothing like Power Rangers, im in!

Edited by Zenox

Hahaha oh my god. I take a small nap and...

Here, here... let me help Lego out with names for series 2... um um um... Zap Lazer, Captain Space, Martin Meteor, Andy Action... gyuuh.

Even when I was a really little kid, I HATED awful names like this.

The names really aren't that bad.

Edited by CabooseBM

It hasn't got a spiked ball, and it is bigger.
Obviously some are but Thornaxs? Old Bionicle helmets?

Thornax launcher. A launcher is often referred to as its name without the "launcher" stuck on (Rhotuka, Kanoka, Zamor, Midak, Nynrah [heck, "Nynrah" is even an island in BIONICLE and people still call it that]).

Also, if we see parts that we know, we are going to comment on them. Especially if we think there's a low likelihood of them getting replaced. For example, that giant propeller on that guy's back looks like two black Brutaka blades. Will they be replaced with an equally huge new rotor piece, even though the current blades look fine? Not necessarily.

Edited by Bfahome

Thornax launcher. A launcher is often referred to as its name without the "launcher" stuck on (Rhotuka, Kanoka, Zamor, Midak, Nynrah [heck, "Nynrah" is even an island in BIONICLE and people still call it that]).

Also, if we see parts that we know, we are going to comment on them. Especially if we think there's a low likelihood of them getting replaced. For example, that giant propeller on that guy's back looks like two black Brutaka blades. Will they be replaced with an equally huge new rotor piece, even though the current blades look fine? Not necessarily.

Yes I know the Thornax is the exploading fruit.

The issue of the propeller is different. That would logically work, as it is a technic theme, but the Thornax and the reoccuring masks won't.

The issue of the propeller is different. That would logically work, as it is a technic theme, but the Thornax and the reoccuring masks won't.

The Thornax works fine; two SYSTEM themes have them (Power Miners and the upcoming World Racers).

I still don't see how the masks wouldn't work, though. They look like faces already, and they could easily be used as villains.

Personally, the possibility that the new theme reuses Thornax launchers is the least of my worries. The Thronax is easily one of the best Bionicle launchers ever - if not the best. Small, unobtrusive, made up with parts that have actual MOCing potential, and you actually have to do a bit of assembly. I mean, come on - would your rather they reused the Squid launcher or Cordak? :tongue:

Edited by Grevious

The Thornax works fine; two SYSTEM themes have them (Power Miners and the upcoming World Racers).

I still don't see how the masks wouldn't work, though. They look like faces already, and they could easily be used as villains.

Fair enough. But the masks are deffinatley no. They were used four times in one wave. I am certain that all important parts on the models are new.

Fair enough. But the masks are deffinatley no. They were used four times in one wave. I am certain that all important parts on the models are new.

Four times? o_O

Sure, I doubt that all of them use old BIONICLE masks/faces, but it looks like at least the red box dude (XPlode?) has a red Nektann face/spine.

LEGO has reused BIONICLE masks and heads many times before. For example: the Matoran, the MoLtoran, the Metrutoran, the Rahaga, the Voyatoran, Defilak, Dekar, the Hydruka, Mazeka, and Ackar.

New and or recolored parts in ANY Lego set is a welcome thing... I literally DO NOT CARE what the set names or theme are as long as the parts rule.

Only... only this cheesy-megablocks sounding thing is supposedly the "decider" if a Bionicle-type line continues?

Oofah.

I think they might be fuckin' up here. There's too much depressing fail in those names for me to be optimistic enough to say, "we'll just have to see".

... ... ...wrong year. See you (much) later guys. Again.

...Cool story, bro?

Personally, I'll take a look at the sets and decide whether or not they appeal to me. Perhaps the campy, 50's space flick movie names are done so for a reason- when I think about it, the names aren't really that bad. Rather, they help identify a character with their color scheme or, dare I say it, their element.

Four times? o_O

Sure, I doubt that all of them use old BIONICLE masks/faces, but it looks like at least the red box dude (XPlode?) has a red Nektann face/spine.

LEGO has reused BIONICLE masks and heads many times before. For example: the Matoran, the MoLtoran, the Metrutoran, the Rahaga, the Voyatoran, Defilak, Dekar, the Hydruka, Mazeka, and Ackar.

Yeah, but within the same theme and style.

That does look like a Piraka like spine I must admit. The only reason I think

that half these assumtions are stupid is because the pictures are prelim and bad quality. I can't deny

that they do have some truth, but they will probabley be changed.

Yeah, but within the same theme and style.

That does look like a Piraka like spine I must admit. The only reason I think

that half these assumtions are stupid is because the pictures are prelim and bad quality. I can't deny

that they do have some truth, but they will probabley be changed.

Well since HF is replacing BIONICLE, can't it be counted as the same style?

stop trying to dash our hopes ;__;

Considering that HF seems to have a completely different theme and story than Bionicle, it would make sense to not reuse masks to avoid confusion between the stories and lines. However, since HF will carry the Bionicle name at first, maybe some masks are similar/reused on purpose to make more association with the popularity of Bionicle?

Also, in the Stars prelims, it looked like Tahu and Piraka had an original Hau and Vezok head, which were later replaced with the final slightly different piece.

Oh dear, What have I done?

I didn't mean to start an arguement I was just saying what I see.

I think that Corroder has 4 L.Green versions of these weapons:

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=8615-1

Also maybe Neb and M.D (Meltdown) has the same head/face/helmet though different colours.

The sets are really good, elements, recolours, new pieces.

If the story does turn about to be a family film where six kids turn into CGI versions of the sets and fight the evil forces of Von Nebula, that would be :cry_sad: