Sign in to follow this  
AllanSmith

Hero Factory 2010

This is the new theme for 2010- I was going to wait until after christmas, but in any case, the photos are legit.

-VBBN

You don't happen to have better photos do you? :tongue: Please?

Why is Lego discontinuing Bionicle anyway if they are a top seller?

It isn't. It was at one point, but not recently.

aaaand from the BIONICLE topic:

Please oh please let there be figs inside those transparent chests.

They look far too small to be able to house minifigs.

Edited by Bfahome

It isn't. It was at one point, but not recently.

aaaand from the BIONICLE topic:

They look far too small to be able to house minifigs.

He said A TOP SELLER, not THE TOP SELLER. BIONICLE is still at the top, in third or forth on the sale scale, lol. (from what I've heard, so take this as an estimate...)

Sets are amazing, from what I can see, and the names made me have the biggest fit of insane laughter that I've had for a while.

Jimi Stringer. XPlode.

Really, Lego? Ah well. Names don't matter to me, as long as the sets are good.

However, these human-sounding names make me shudder when I think about what the story is going to be like.

-Mesona

From what I can see in the images when zoomed in, the sets seem decent. The names, however, do not.

With the only possible exception being XPlode. :tongue:

The fact is, the sets WILL be good. They are using BIONICLE as we know it, so of course it is going to be at least decent, as long as there is nice masks.

But seeing as BIONICLE had mystery, humans ruin this idea. And plastering the BIONICLE logo on this "Hero Factory" line is pure bull crap. How are you going to release a new line when you're hiding behind previous work?!

-ZotS

Edited by Zaktan of the Shadows

Wow this looks incredible! The names are a little meh and I think the story won't be the best right now but set-wise these are unlimited! I'll have to get them all of these amazing sets!

C'mon guys don't Xplode on me now!

The fact is, the sets WILL be good. They are using BIONICLE as we know it, so of course it is going to be at least decent, as long as there is nice masks.

But seeing as BIONICLE had mystery, humans ruin this idea. And plastering the BIONICLE logo on this "Hero Factory" line is pure bull crap. How are you going to release a new line when you're hiding behind previous work?!

-ZotS

In the far future, an ancient computer system called HerO lies abandoned in the midst of a massive complex of destroyed buildings that are slowly being reclaimed by the jungle. This peace was broken during a freak lightning strike that reactivated the computer system in a damaging flash. Due to this shock, the system spat from its' databanks several rogue pieces of code that coalesced into malevolent AIs. These programs infiltrated the long-deactivated sets of manufacturing equipment, building themselves new robot bodies. The arrogant AIs believed HerO to be no threat, and they abandoned their room of creation to explore the ruins for anything they could use to escape.

However, HerO was not as useless as they thought. After his backup disks had run their course, HerO set about countering fixing the "errors" by capturing and repairing the AIs. To do this, HerO searched through every databank, finally locating a USB device that contained the PDF document of an ancient comic book from aeons in the past. HerO was overjoyed; here where heroes that could apprehend his foes! The naive but dutiful computer system set to work, creating larger-than-life personalities from his own code and powerful robotic bodies for them to inhabit! This new team of robotic heroes woke up on the factory floor, each convinced they were the real deal, and utterly focused on righting wrongs. But deep in this mysterious future, where no man walks or beast treads, what awaits the good and evil denizens of the Hero Factory?

This is HerO Factory story? How did you find it?

It seems it will be an interesting theme, but BIONICLE was the best of the best...

A.... Now I see.

Though tt would be a great story.

Edited by Vahk

Smells like Bionicle-sized constraction figs to me....

Well that will be interesting. I can't wait for pictures.

I've been thinking about this, and I've come to a few conclusions about the factory thing.

1. A new computer program like LDD that lets you build these types of set.

2. Combination models.

3. Collectable pieces in each set (Like the Stars) that you can use to build a new set or customize the main ones.

4. The story (If any) has to do with a factory. (I Think this is most likely)

5. Encouraging kids to build there own heroes. (Pretty likely as well, if you ask me)

Anyone else think of something to do with Factory?

On the otherside, I've been snooping as usual and I couldn't find anythink about a Hero Factor TV show or film. If it was coming out by Summer next year, It would probaly at least had a press release now, unless TLG is internerally producing it which I find unlikely.

Also I few more thoughts I had:

All the Canisters (Ones with Human names) Are the HerOes

All the bigger sets except for one are Villians.

Rotor, also a HerO.

Thats just speculation though so don't read to much into it.

One last thing - All the Canisters are humans but to control the robot/mechs/whatever their souls go into the glowing cores in the middle. Or something like that anyway.

I hope you enjoy my random specualtion. :laugh:

http://screenrant.com/lego-movie-ross-21323/ Remember this? Oh dear...

Edited by God Iron

Maybe they have human names for a reason like the Prawns have Human names. These strange alien beings are criminals or something from another planet (Maybe even from a certain giant robot). They were sent to Earth and created massive havoc. Since the locals couldn't understand their real names, they gave the criminals names that they could understand, and described their powers.

After a long while of the criminals going uncaptured, a Human military finally caught one and was able to reverse-engineer it's biomechanical technology. Using what they reverse-engineered, they created six biomechanical heroes to stop the criminals. The HerOes were given elemental powers based upon certain heroes from the criminal's home planet, and were also given magic-seeming masks. With Human names, these heroes hunt down the criminals one-by-one, and try to solve the mystery of where they came from.

I think that would be a totally awesome theme. And it would explain why the line will have the BIONICLE logo attached to it. At least, at first.

This as BIONICLE's replacement is really disappointing. The sets look fine, but the names, eugh. So terrible. I can't believe they're replacing BIONICLE with something that has HUMANS in it. (Or at least Human names).

Even the non-Human-sounding names sound terrible. 'XPlode'!? What is this, for eight year olds!?!?

Oh wait. It is. Nevermind.

Anyway, it's really disappointing they scrapped BIONICLE for this. Let's hope this theme fails so they bring BIONICLE back sooner.

amen, though you should'nt judge the sets by just it's names. I agree though that the names ARE horrible

I think the names are to maximize profitability. One of the reasons bionicle was expensive to keep was because it cost $10,000 US a name to verify that they weren't copyrighted, if I remember correctly.

Two things- Bionicle prided itself on having strange creatures and names- eventually though, they were going to run out of names because there are only so many you can make. Having a more human approach to a line gives them more names to use. Not defending the names themselves, because they are terrible, but I can see why Lego did it.

Second, in closeup pics, you can see some sets have Thornax launchers- FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

XPlode has a red Nektann Face! I guess were going to get a lot of good recolours in this line.

I'm pumped set-wise.

Though a Family Comedy Adventure, with liveaction kids and CGI sounds :thumbdown:

Two things- Bionicle prided itself on having strange creatures and names- eventually though, they were going to run out of names because there are only so many you can make. Having a more human approach to a line gives them more names to use. Not defending the names themselves, because they are terrible, but I can see why Lego did it.

Second, in closeup pics, you can see some sets have Thornax launchers- FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Don't judge on the thornax to quick. They are two short me thinks.