Sign in to follow this  
AllanSmith

Hero Factory 2010

Hah, I'm sure everyone did a double take when they saw that! :grin:

Lego's said it was a "joke" regarding how the villains never saw the duo of Furno and Stormer coming, therefore VN used their names together.

Me? I think it's just a typo. :P

I'm really digging the art-style of these comics. The villains look menacing, and Von Nebula manages to give off the "cunning evil in the darkness" very well. I blame the eyes, they're so well drawn, and succeed in making him scream "evil!". Very impressed.

some interesting things in here Jetbug looks awesome. Overall, I don't hink this resembles Bionicle any more lol

OMFG MOAR!!!!! These look awesome, though not as awesome as the first wave of sets, the heros look more 'recon' than 2.0's to me.

Thanks for the pics!

The villains on the other hand.. :sceptic:

Speaking of hands, are those new hand pieces I see??

And are those new head pieces???

Edited by Phantoka_Chirox

It seems the heroes will be "canister" sets in this iterations, I like the 2.0 in the names but who are Nex and Evo? Though lovely colors for them.

Not a fan of the Hero heads though. Hope they get revamped between preliminary and release.

Also hope it does not turn out like Neo Machines that the Heroes' parts that look combined are actually a single piece :{

The more I see the heroes, the more they remind me of neo machines, which is not a good thing :(

Edited by vexorian

I don't really like the look of the 2011 sets. They don't have the same stylistic refinement as the 2010 Heroes had.

Still, I know a lot of people will appreciate the jointed elbows and knees.

They don't look like canister sets..

They are either canisters or the pieces are awful megablox-like combined pieces and the wave will suck.

I've seen in my local Toys Center store new HF sets. They look as boring as old Bionicle ones :tongue: .

Seriously, Von Nebula AF is quite impressive :oh3: .

Edited by Plastic Nurak

Those 2011 sets look excellent. I love the new smooth limb pieces. It makes them look a lot more heavily armored. Also, Nitroblast. You don't mess with a guy named Nitroblast.

Anyway, I really like the new aesthetic 2011 is taking.

Edited by Ratbat

The Hero 2.0's look too much like MB sets, but at least they are more heroic...

I really like Nitroblast. Hopefully the other Villains are just prototypes :grin:

Oh man, it is as I feared: Hero Factory has jumped the shark. Back when we first were introduced to the 2010 wave, I made a post or two about how Hero Factory seemed to be a step downward into non-lego teritory. All the ultra-smooth, technic-pin-less armor parts and one piece gun arms reminded me more of Megabloks then Lego, and the only sets that still seemed like they came from TLC were the villians and vehicles.

Well, ladies and gentlemen (okay, who am I kidding, it's just gentlemen), what we have here is Neo Shifters made by Lego, complete with tons of giant POOP's and a lack of any actual personality or uniqueness. The villians in particular look like Transformers rejects (that face on one of them just screams Megatron), and the heroes all look exactly the same. In fact, I'm suprised these are even marketed as Hero Factory, as they look nothing like the line we got this year. At least 2010's sets still had some semblance to Bionicle (I even admitted the heroes reminded me a lot of Metru Nui). No such thing here - instead we get ultra-generic robots and more ultra-smooth technic-pin-less parts than you can shake a 2X4 at. I'm sorry, but this is just unacceptable coming from a company who is known most for their originality and their embracing of creativity in building. Even the Ben 10 sets were better then these walking piece of crud - heck, I'd say only Galidor is worse than these things, and not by much. :thumbdown:

Oh well, so much for the future of lego constraction-figure lines. I think it's time we just start calling them action figures, since it doesn't seem like we're really getting much construction in 2011 at all. :sadnew:

Okay, I just saw the villains. I almost died in shock. What the heck? Whats the naff fire aswell? Where they high when they designed those?

Though, I still like the Heros, very Haloish and I like that, though, it is a huge step backwards from Bionicle, and the last wave. I pray to God that the villain sets are super preliminary, because if not, it's heros only this year. Though I am annoyed at the return of so many familiars on the Heros side.

On a side note, Pharoahs Quest is amazing! And Atlantis, yes! Maybe this year is more system based for me.

Okay, I just saw the villains. I almost died in shock. What the heck? Whats the naff fire aswell? Where they high when they designed those?

Though, I still like the Heros, very Haloish and I like that, though, it is a huge step backwards from Bionicle, and the last wave. I pray to God that the villain sets are super preliminary, because if not, it's heros only this year. Though I am annoyed at the return of so many familiars on the Heros side.

On a side note, Pharoahs Quest is amazing! And Atlantis, yes! Maybe this year is more system based for me.

Hopefully@the villains. Though they do have some nifty parts. Detachable recolored Stormer-Ice-shooter-esque-thing and Mata red Inika feet! :grin:

Honestly I'm very disappointed in these sets, but they're growing on me. =/

Also, any chance someone could translate the bit of text underneath the villains? Maybe it says something interesting.

-Mesonak

You have seen two pictures.

You will have to change your minds.

Start by checking piece count.

And where do we find the piece count? Not listed on the pictures.

Your cryptic comments confuse me so! :tongue:

I would attempt to count the actual pieces, but it's hard to tell what's one piece and what's multiple... Hmm.

-Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

I saw the heros a while ago, but the villains are new to me. Digging the names actually, better than the first time around, more like Transformers now. Looks like new limb bits and trans armor, so fairly promising, but I diolike lots of red and the masts look way too flat.

Hero Shifters: The one and only Lego and Mega Bloks duo that can transform! :grin:

Also, I can't believe I just now noticed they're using thornax launcher agains. Cool. Glad to see consistency.

-Mesonak

The heros 2.0 will have knees and elbows according to my Lego-employee friend.