Sign in to follow this  
Zepher

Eurodina - Day 1

I don't think Erik King is scum, his theories only actually point to him being town. For example, he speculated that the mafia were working together. Of course that is nonsense but if he were scum why exactly would he bring it up? If he were scum he'd know it to be untrue, so I don't see any point in suggesting it. Unless of course, they are working together, in which case he is most certainly scum. I doubt it though.

Anyway, none of my suspicions warrant a vote for now. I don't really think anyone out of the candidates (so far) are particularly scummy at this point.

I don't think Erik King is scum, his theories only actually point to him being town. For example, he speculated that the mafia were working together. Of course that is nonsense but if he were scum why exactly would he bring it up? If he were scum he'd know it to be untrue, so I don't see any point in suggesting it. Unless of course, they are working together, in which case he is most certainly scum. I doubt it though.

Anyway, none of my suspicions warrant a vote for now. I don't really think anyone out of the candidates (so far) are particularly scummy at this point.

You bring up a really good point, but as ThatGuyWithTheBricks said, they could use reverse psychology on us.

I do see what you mean with Officer King, but I just thought of a theory of Kings theory. He could be scum sending a message to the other Godfather to have them both work together. Since nobody knows who that is, he may just be trying to get word to them. Far-fetched, I know, but it is something to think about.

I do see what you mean with Officer King, but I just thought of a theory of Kings theory. He could be scum sending a message to the other Godfather to have them both work together. Since nobody knows who that is, he may just be trying to get word to them. Far-fetched, I know, but it is something to think about.

True, he could, but would Capone go up to O'malley and say, "Hey pal, stop our differences and kill everyone!" I don't think so, especially after they are killing each other in a garage.

You're not the only one to think about that. But we still shouldn't jump to conclusions.

True, he could, but would Capone go up to O'malley and say, "Hey pal, stop our differences and kill everyone!" I don't think so, especially after they are killing each other in a garage.

You're not the only one to think about that. But we still shouldn't jump to conclusions.

I agree, just something to think about, but again, I do not think we should vote anybody, at least until we get some real evidence.

If that's what he's doing he's rather foolish. Especially considering the mafia need to kill each other as well as the town to win:

1. To win the game one group most outnumber the total sum of all the other groups. The town wins by killing all members of all mafia families.

So clearly if an alliance was his intention, it would obviously not work.

If that's what he's doing he's rather foolish. Especially considering the mafia need to kill each other as well as the town to win:

So clearly if an alliance was his intention, it would obviously not work.

Yeah, mobs don't ally up. They kill eachother in a garage.

That´s absolutely nonsence. This is two rival mafia families, who are fighting about our beautiful town, and not two agents or such trying to contact themselves.

I wonder if the godfathers know about each other. It seems rather incredible, but in normal mobs the godfathers know themselves...well, but if they could stay hidden to the police, they might have kept there identity secret or such...God, this sounds like a cold war thriller...

That´s absolutely nonsence. This is two rival mafia families, who are fighting about our beautiful town, and not two agents or such trying to contact themselves.

I wonder if the godfathers know about each other. It seems rather incredible, but in normal mobs the godfathers know themselves...well, but if they could stay hidden to the police, they might have kept there identity secret or such...God, this sounds like a cold war thriller...

They probably know about each other, just not who exactly they are. Remember the meeting in the park? So they have to know there is another mob.

I agree, it was just some food for thought, and dont talk about the Cold War, there could be Soviet spies around here. :laugh:

They probably know about each other, just not who exactly they are. Remember the meeting in the park? So they have to know there is another mob.

What meeting in which park? I don´t remember anything at all. :wacko:

What meeting in which park? I don´t remember anything at all. :wacko:

At the beginning of day 1, on page 1.

Ey what? How can you clear one chap of doing something odd, and yet condemn the next helpless yap of doing something exactly the same? Something smells mighty fishes to me, old boy, and it certainly ain't my caviar!

No, they're different. Stash provided reasoning for his claim (albeit very weak reasoning), and was the one to cast the first stone. No mafia member with half a brain would do something like that. Craig, however, supported another simply because of his relation to her, and probably doesn't even believe it's the right person to vote off, but is taking orders (if he was in the mafia).

Either way, I know who I suspect, although I'm nowhere near voting anyone off today. Patience is key.

I agree, it was just some food for thought, and dont talk about the Cold War, there could be Soviet spies around here. :laugh:

Ops, I forgot, sometimes I think, the war was already over...maybe it´s because Stalin´s dead or such...don´t know...megablocks :blush:

No, they're different. Stash provided reasoning for his claim (albeit very weak reasoning), and was the one to cast the first stone. No mafia member with half a brain would do something like that. Craig, however, supported another simply because of his relation to her, and probably doesn't even believe it's the right person to vote off, but is taking orders (if he was in the mafia).

Ho-ho! I should think Craig was just trying to keep the little madam happy, which is a weak reasoning of a sorts. Besides, I've heard keeping the misses happy can provide quite a reward, Ay what!

Though I quite agree, old chap, that voting today would be a useless exorcise.

Look. I have my reasons for voting Mr. Nutter. It follows my wife's reasoning, which has always been impeccable. (trust me, I know. :grin: )

Okay let's try to think straight here. We are 42 in this town, and there are likely three groups: us honest townies, and two Godfathers with possibly some henchmen. If Master Jim Butcher is right and the Godfathers have enough henchmen from the start to not be outnumbered by the townpeople, then we can estimate the following:

We can either have three groups of 14 (3x14=42) or say two groups of 12 and one of 18, etc. There can't be less than 21 scum total, because then there would be more townies than total scum and the townies would win automatically. So I estimate the scum to be somewhere between 22 and 28, therefore two groups of between 11 and 14. In that case, by voting at random we stand a fairly good chance of hitting a scum from one group or the other. And Mrs. Boy would be about right about our fifty-fifty chances. Do I make any sense?

Of course, maybe there are only two Godfathers, and we have an icicle's chance in hell to vote them out right now. But then wouldn't they already be outnumbered by townsfolk? :wacko:

And by the way, dinner's ready! Susan darling, won't you get Hans, he must be down at the pub with his colleagues.

Okay let's try to think straight here. We are 42 in this town, and there are likely three groups: us honest townies, and two Godfathers with possibly some henchmen. If Master Jim Butcher is right and the Godfathers have enough henchmen from the start to not be outnumbered by the townpeople, then we can estimate the following:

We can either have three groups of 14 (3x14=42) or say two groups of 12 and one of 18, etc. There can't be less than 21 scum total, because then there would be more townies than total scum and the townies would win automatically. So I estimate the scum to be somewhere between 22 and 28, therefore two groups of between 11 and 14. In that case, by voting at random we stand a fairly good chance of hitting a scum from one group or the other. And Mrs. Boy would be about right about our fifty-fifty chances. Do I make any sense?

Of course, maybe there are only two Godfathers, and we have an icicle's chance in hell to vote them out right now. But then wouldn't they already be outnumbered by townsfolk? :wacko:

And by the way, dinner's ready! Susan darling, won't you get Hans, he must be down at the pub with his colleagues.

You know, that the town has to get rid of everyone, and not just number them out? In most games ... of life... there is 33% scum, which makes 12 mobsters, so every group should have about 6 members.

Oh well, forget all of this! I have been told that there are very few scum right now. I think I'll just stick to my cooking. :blush:

You know, that the town has to get rid of everyone, and not just number them out? In most games ... of life... there is 33% scum, which makes 12 mobsters, so every group should have about 6 members.

Yes, I just noticed that fact. Thanks for the heads up!

Yes! I was right! :laugh: Good job thinking this out. So we SHOULD vote at random, or is there more thinking in this then it appears?

Sorry for the double post, but 33%, that's 1/3, which means in the mob groups there could only be 4, so if it is an equal amount in each group, there is only 8 mobsters so far. So that means about 1/5 to 1/6 are scum in this game.

If Master Jim Butcher is right and the Godfathers have enough henchmen from the start to not be outnumbered by the townpeople, then we can estimate the following:

No no, I wasn't saying that. I was saying that there are two mafias trying to outnumber each other as well as the town, regardless of how many there are. I am leaning towards the fact that there are only the two Godfathers right now.

This is crazy. We've barely gotten through the day and we're already going all 'Who did what and what goes where.' I've seem no solid evidence, and the strongest of this flimsi stuff you call proof is that guilty people often announce innocense and demand to be searched, which Defiant and Officer King have both done. But even that is barely anything. As much as I hate to see this town fall apart -though it may increase my salary- we need to put this off a day, look around, and start noticing patterns.

No no, I wasn't saying that. I was saying that there are two mafias trying to outnumber each other as well as the town, regardless of how many there are. I am leaning towards the fact that there are only the two Godfathers right now.

Depends on their modus operandi, we don't know yet whether they're trying to recruit more or if they already have assembled their forces. But regardless of that I doubt that the Godfathers are all alone at the moment, I don't think they'd dare to make a move if it was possible we could neutralize them with a couple of very lucky shots.