Bonaparte

Survey: New parts and new colors

Part 1:

- Part name: arch, ogive 1 x 2 x 2 1/3

- Part description: half arch, small - similar to 2339, but with shorter span so a pair would combine into a gothic style arch, see picture

- Part usage: gothic style (aka lancet, ogive) window frame for buildings, castles, churches, townhouses etc. Used as a pair or ending a series of double arches (see Part 2)

23390.jpg

Part 2:

- Part name: arch, double ogive 1 x 3 x 2 1/3

- Part description: double arch, small - similar to 2339, but with shorter span that would combine continuosly into gothic style archway

- Part usage: gothic style (aka lancet, ogive) window frame for buildings, castles, churches, townhouses etc. Used as a series, making into an archway/framework

Part 3:

- Part name: arch, ogive 1 x 3 x 3 1/3

- Part description: half arch, medium - similar to 2339, but with shorter span so a pair would combine into a gothic style arch, see picture

- Part usage: gothic style (aka lancet, ogive) window frame for buildings, castles, churches, townhouses etc. Used as a pair or ending a series of double arches (see Part 4)

23392.jpg

Part 4:

- Part name: arch, double ogive 1 x 5 x 3 1/3

- Part description: double arch, medium - similar to 2339, but with shorter span that would combine continuosly into gothic style archway

- Part usage: gothic style (aka lancet, ogive) window frame for buildings, castles, churches, townhouses etc. Used as a series, making into an archway/framework

23393.jpg

All colors in dark bley, light bley, black to start.

- Part name: Double-sided 1x1 plate

- Part description: a 1x1 plate, with studs on both sides!

- Part usage: ability for SNOT techniques to reuse top-slopes, detailing etc. on the bottom of creations, or to do double-sided wings, etc.

- Part name: Double-sided 1x2 plate

- Part description: a 1x2 plate, with studs on both sides!

- Part usage: same as above

- Part name: Double-sided 2x2 plate

- Part description: a 2x2 plate, with studs on both sides!

- Part usage: same as above

Having these basic parts with studs on top and bottom will allow for SNOT techniques many of us have been dreaming of. I have seen many suggestions similar to this, but these three basic parts would cover all the bases. Many "upside-down" parts can be replaced by using these elements to switch under-side building to use normal "top-side" parts.

I have seen double-sided parts that would not require a plate, but many of these would be difficult if not impossible to get out from under some pieces. Something that might work, and would be harder to get stuck would be:

- Part name: Double-height stud bracket 2x2 with holes in each stud

- Part description: a 2x2 bracket of double-height studs, with thin connecting beams like this:

O-O

| |

O-O

- Part usage: built to be able to sandwitch two plates together without any added height.

- Part name: Double-height stud bracket 1x2 with holes in each stud

- Part description: a 1x2 bracket of double-height studs, with thin connecting beams like this:

O-O

- Part usage: built to be able to sandwitch two plates together without any added height.

With the holes in the studs, you could use a light-saber pole or similar part to fish these guys out if they are improperly used or otherwise get stuck.

As far as new colors go, I would rather just see alot more purple pieces... some great purple peices became available with Emperor Zurg Construct-a-Figure and some of the other Toy-Story sets.

More Dark Turqiouse peices would also be great. Adding more colors in my opinion would just make things too fragmented. If anything, I would suggest resurrecting a select few of the retired colors.

Edited by Mingu

Part 1:

- Part name : studless plate 5*3*0.5

- Part description: a thin plate studless with cruciform holes at the extremities : http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/cbt/TechnicWorkshop/Wanted-items/Wanted-Technic-parts/liftarm_3x5_thin.jpg

-Part usage : can be usefull to rigidify some construction or to make compact assemblies ( can be practictal to build the autovalve)

Part 2 :

-Part name : Technic Pin short with Stop Bush

-Part description : exactly the same piece than the technic pin long with stop bush but this time just with two studs and not three : http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/cbt/TechnicWorkshop/Wanted-items/Wanted-Technic-parts/pin_with_stop_bush_2l.jpg

- Part usage : to make compact assemblies and to use when a technic pin long with stop bush is too long ^^

Part 3 :

- Part name : technic_axle_joiner_double

-Part description : this piece : http://media.peeron.com/ldraw/images/71/32184.png but with holes reversed: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/cbt/TechnicWorkshop/Wanted-items/Wanted-Technic-parts/technic_axle_joiner_double.jpg

- Part usage : usefull to connect solidly to gear. Actually there is just this piece wich permits that : http://media.peeron.com/pics/inv/custpics/48989.1200267988.jpg and it limits to much the construction ( you're almost obliged to put a beam directly on the piece )

I haven't invented this parts, but i think they can be very usefull. Now my parts :

Part 4 :

-Part name : technic axle 11

-Part description : an axle of 11 studs to complet the serie of odd (impair?) axles.

-Part usage : used in studless construction.

Part 5 :

-Part name : Technic Gear Rack 1 x 9 with Holes and Axleholes

-Part description : the new rack with a different lenght : http://media.peeron.com/pics/inv/custpics/87761.1279091664.jpg ( 9 studs instead of 7 )

-Part usage : usable for constructions of (axles?) because of its biggest lenght

Part 6 :

-Part name: Technic Beam 3 x 0.5 Liftarm with reversed holes

-Part description : this piece http://media.peeron.com/ldraw/images/71/6632.png with reversed holes

-Part usage : usefull to make variable lenght axles and usefull to connect solidly two gears ( can be usefull for a lot of others constructions too, i often needed this piece when i built.

Part 7 :

-Part name : 20T (idle?) gear

-Part description : a 20T gear wich doens't grip on its axis, able to receive a driving ring

-Parte usage : pratictal to create compact gearbox.

Part 8 :

-Part name : small turn table

-Part description : a small turn table where you can just put one axle into. With this small turn table you can directly connect beam ( because it has pins out like this piece : http://media.peeron.com/pics/inv/custpics/48989.1200267988.jpg.It has a diameter of 3 studs.

-Part usage : usefull to create compact and solid axles

Part 9 :

-Part name :Technic Beam 5 x 0.5 with cruciform holes

-Part description : a thin liftarm like this :http://peeron.com/inv/parts/32017?img=21038 with cruciform holes at the extremities

-Part usage : pratictal to create solid build

Sorry but i don't speak really good english, thanks you to forgive my mistakes.

Edited by GuiliuG

When it comes to wanted colors, I took a somewhat analytical approach. I parsed/downloaded all colors for some 2000 of the most common bricks from BrickLink. Then I threw them in a database and ran some queries. Basically, I've checked "For the basic LEGO colors, which parts have been produced (in a set) in all EXCEPT one color". Basically I wanted to see if there were any basic color gaps that needed filling

The basic colors I defined as:

- White

- Red

- Blue

- Yellow

- Black

- Green

- Light Bluish Gray

- Dark Bluish Gray

And the result was (these parts have been produced in all colors except the one listed):

Black	6232	Brick, Modified 2 x 2 with Pin and Axle Hole
Blue	2339	Brick, Arch 1 x 5 x 4
Blue	30044	Window 1 x 2 x 2 2/3 with Rounded Top
Dark Bluish Gray	2436	Bracket 1 x 2 - 1 x 4
Dark Bluish Gray	3938	Hinge Brick 1 x 2 Top Plate Thin
Dark Bluish Gray	4150	Tile, Round 2 x 2
Dark Bluish Gray	48336	Plate, Modified 1 x 2 with Handle on Side - Type 2 (closed ends)
Dark Bluish Gray	6215	Brick, Modified 2 x 3 with Curved Top
Dark Bluish Gray	973	Torso Plain
Green	2449	Slope, Inverted 75 2 x 1 x 3
Green	2453	Brick 1 x 1 x 5
Green	2476	Plate, Modified 2 x 2 with Pin Bottom
Green	30237	Brick, Modified 1 x 2 with Vertical Clip
Green	3033	Plate 6 x 10
Green	32523	Technic, Liftarm 1 x 3 Thick
Green	3455	Brick, Arch 1 x 6
Green	3659	Brick, Arch 1 x 4
Green	3830	Hinge Brick 1 x 4 Swivel Top
Green	3831	Hinge Brick 1 x 4 Swivel Base
Green	42023	Slope, Curved 6 x 1 Inverted
Green	44301	Hinge Plate 1 x 2 Locking with 1 Finger On End
Green	44570	Hinge Plate 3 x 4 Locking Dual 2 Finger
Green	4460	Slope 75 2 x 1 x 3
Green	4623	Plate, Modified 1 x 2 with Arm Up
Green	4855	Wedge 4 x 4 Triple Inverted
Green	6178	Tile, Modified 6 x 12 with Studs on Edges
Green	6180	Tile, Modified 4 x 6 with Studs on Edges
Light Bluish Gray	41767	Wedge 4 x 2 Right
Light Bluish Gray	41768	Wedge 4 x 2 Left
Light Bluish Gray	42022	Slope, Curved 6 x 1
Light Bluish Gray	45677	Wedge 4 x 4 x 2/3 Triple Curved
Red	30136	Brick, Modified 1 x 2 Log
White	87580	Plate, Modified 2 x 2 with Groove and 1 Stud in Center

Personally, I think the parts in Dark and Light Bluish Gray are highly intresting.

Besides those, I generally like to see more parts in the "AFOL" colors such as dark tan and dark green. For example 1x2, 1x3, 2x4 plates etc.

I'm not that interested in new parts. I think the pleasure and challenge with Lego is to use the parts that exist in new a creative ways. There is supposed to be some limitations in the LEGO system, otherwise it's no fun :classic:

Part 1:

- Part name: Wedge Tile

- Part description: --> A tile verion of wedge plates in 2 x 3, and 2 x 4 sizes

- Part usage: --> A tremendous number of builders are now building with a no-studs approach. We currently have no good solution to angles with tiled surfaces, and this part would be an outstanding addition to a very strong trend within the community.

Thanks!

Part 1:

Part name : 1 1/2 connecting bush with friction

Part description : same as 1 1/2 connecting bush, but with friction. It could be black (or other) to distinguish it from the dark grey one.

Part usage : It would (finally) make all the connector pegs available with and without friction. It could be used to create smaller and lighter sturdy "studless" technic structures by attaching half beams (using connecting bush without friction makes the whole thing wobbly)

post-12411-128231558571.png

Edited by legojojo

Part 6

Part name: 2x2 Left

Part description: 43723.gifthis piece but 2 studs long

Part usage:for cars, other vehicles, buildings, planes, and everything else

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part 7

Part name: 2x2 Right

Part description: 43722.gifthis piece but 2 studs long

Part usage:for cars, other vehicles, buildings, planes, and everything else

Part 1:

- Part name: Atmospheric Diving Suit Helmet

- Part description: Link. I'd like to see the helmet like this, but without the grill and replaced by a transparent/clear piece in the middle. The rim around the clear section would have points coming up(bad word choice here :tongue: ) that look like bolts. There's more to the design, though. Link. Think of that piece being attached to the top, like the wookie head piece on the star wars sets. Cut it in half, and add more bolts going down a rim.

- Part usage: This part would be extremely helpful to underwater themes. Because of the design, this part can be used over and over again. Think about the new Atlantis sets; seeing a skeleton in this helmet would be awesome.

I'm thinking about modeling this part, because it's hard to describe what it would look like. I'll update this post if I decide to preview it.

A most essential point:

EVERY SLOPE AND WEDGE MUST HAVE A NORMAL AND AN INVERTED VERSION.

My apologies, Bonaparte, if that isn't framed adequately, but I just wanted to get this point across.

Part 1:

- Part name: Centaur Body

- Part description: Exactly like a normal Lego horse, but instead of a head, put the two leg things.. similar to 'Brickforge' 's new piece.

- Part usage: For Centaurs.. would be great for part of a Narnia or Percy Jackson Lego set. either would be cool with all the myhological creatures.

Part 2:

- Part name: Fawn/Satyr Legs

- Part description: Two legs similar to peg legs, but detailed to look like the back legs of a goat, attached to a normal Lego waist

- Part usage: In dark brown, with a male torso (no shirt, scarf), a dark brown bearded 'Rasco' face, and 'Mutt Williams' 's hair for a sweet Mr. Tumnus from Narnia

Part 3:

- Part name: Dagger

- Part description: A Lego blade somewhere in dimension between a sword and a knife

- Part usage: great for medieval era creations.. to give a bit of diversity between characters.

Part 4:

- Part name: Shield(s)

- Part description: Some different shaped Lego Shields would be nice, again for diversity.. (different shapes and sizes)

- Part usage: same as #3

Part 5:

- Part name: 48x48 'Mountain Pass' baseplate

- Part description: a 48x48 baseplate with raised mountain sections (raised sections on either side with a winding pass in the middle)

- Part usage: an AWESOME battleground

Part 1:

- Part name: Road plate with Tramtrack Curve 32 x 32

- Part description: Road 1 block thick plate. 32 x 32. Angle is 90 degrees. The tram track has been dug in the middle of the road curved. Tram track with each other tram load plate can be connected with RC(9v)train track.

- Part usage: "City" "Module House" further expand the system!

Part 2:

- Part name: Road plate with Tramtrack Straight 32 x 16

- Part description: Road 1 block thick plate. 32 x 16. The tram track has been dug in the middle of the road.

Part 3:

- Part name: Power unit for trams

- Part description: One-piece power unit for use trams AAA batteries. It is also good if you can not remote control from the ground up "stop" and "turnaround" should be able ("4.5V systems like".) Of course, "RC Train" rail can also run.

- Part usage: "City" "Module House" further expand the system! If this system appears to have vibrant city. In addition, the system can also provide low-cost train.

Part 4:

- Part name: Long hair with a ribbon for minifigs

- Part description: Ribbon(Of course, the plastic parts) can be removed and replaced.

- Part usage: Girls user can play with minifigs will be a stylish.

Part 5:

- Part name: Skirt for minifigs(1 2/3 blocks height)

- Part description: Skirt part of the current is too high, there is also 2 blocks back. Also, after all, is only a substitute.

- Part usage:Girls user can play with minifigs will be a stylish. In addition, you can solve problems better than men tall woman wearing a skirt.

Edited by Sekiyama

I'd love to see this mountain bike released as an alternative kind of cycle

Mountain Bike

I second this idea of a mountain bike, it too, could come in several colors as do the current line of bicycles!

Part 1

Part Name: Dog/Wolf 'the Grim'

Part Description: Allocated 48812 on Bricklink. I would like to see differant breeds or at least differant colours other than dark bluish gray or reddish brown.

Part Usage: Could be used in petshop MOCS, various city MOCS, historic MOCS. Along with cats, dogs are the most commonly kept pets in western countries. Would like to see this reflected in Lego sets.

Part 2

Part Name: Tile 2x3

Part Description: standard tile style (e.g Tile 1 x 6), but in 2x3 size. My preferred colours would be white and light blue gray - but obviously this would be extendable.

Part Usage: Wide variety of SNOT applications. Eliminates necessity of multiple tiles to accomplish same effect. In my humble opinion would give a much

sleeker visual appearance to MOCS.

Thankyou for reading and considering :classic:

Edited by Mr McGow

Part name: Bicycle forks.

Part description: The front forks of a bicycle with a stud on top or a clip so we can make 3 or 4 wheeled bikes that actually have spinning wheels. Beats using a 1 x 1 tap.

Usage: We'll be able to make carts or bikes with 3 wheels, etc.

Part name: Oriental straw hat.

Part description: Those hats that Asians wear in the fields etc. Tan or Dark tan would be great. Oxfords bricks made one but im sure Lego can do better.

Usage: An authentic looking hat for our asian scenes. Better than using a radar dish.

Part name: Round-about.

Part description: 32 x 32 baseplate, similar to cross-roads, with studs in the middle.

Usage: teaches kids road rules. Like Lego use to do.

Part name: Panel 3 x 3 x 6 trans blue or trans black.

Part description: as above.

Usage: Gives us angled windows.

Part name: Language specific street signs.

Part description: A pack of Lego signs in different languages. One language per pack of course.

Usage: Kids in Japan can buy a pack of Lego street signs with Japanese writing on them.

Adult fans of Lego can buy them from Lego.com or Bricklink to create different country scenes.

Part name: Pack of animals.

Part description: A box of animals. One pack has Penguins, seals, walrusses (however its spelt).

Another pack can have Kangaroos, koalas, platypus.

Another pack can have ducks, roosters, swans, peacocks.

Another pack can have prehistoric animals: saber tooth tiger, wooly mamoth etc.

Another pack can have kamodo dragon, tiger, panda.

Usage: endless amounts of usage. Teaches kids about animals.

Part name: Umbrella

Part description: A closed umbrella for minifigs to carry incase the weather turns

(even though it never rains in Lego worlds)

Usage: just adds realism which we all want.

Part name: Slope corners with pointed eave.

Part description: Oriental styled slopes that come to a raised point. see pic from oxford bricks.

Usage: so we can make temples or even have an asian restaurant in a downtown lego city.

Thanks.

We all seem to just want more bits and pieces and more colours to make our lego scenes more realistic.

The people have spoken. Up to you now Lego. Stop us from even thinking about deflecting over to lesser brands.

post-12691-128304299504.jpg

post-12691-128304456975.jpg

post-12691-128304459155.jpg

post-12691-128304460808.jpg

Edited by bdw

Part Name: Sidecar

Part Description: A sleek sidecar that attaches to either side of a motorcycle with a short cross axle

Usage: It could double the fun of your police bike for example!

Part name: Universal joint with a 2 L axle

Part description: One side contains normal universal joint connector, while the other one has no axlehole, but instead has a 2L axle.

Usage: Used for shorter LA fixing, in combination with new 7x5 frames for suspension and for smaller mechanisms.

Ignore the transparent bit, this part requires only one new mold. The 2L axle is modifyed, so it can couple with the cross. It also should allow for the whole 2L axle length to be usable (nothing should be sticking out).

ujoint.png

Edited by Zblj

Till today, TLG has been producing many sorts of slopes.

But many of them do not exist as inverted slopes.

For example, a slope 4x2 inverted and cheesy slope inverted were damn useful !

And that's very basic elements, so, it is totally in "Lego spirit".

I'm not sure this is still open, but I have thought of a few more interesting parts :)

Part 8

Part name: Slope Brick 1 x 2 x 1 1/3 Inverted with Curved Bottom

Part description: the inverted version of the existing curved slope brick.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ErikLeppen/WishParts/slope_brick_inverted_round_1x2x1_1over3.png

Part usage: for the creation of rounded undersides.

Part 9

Part name: Technic Beam 31

Part description: straight thick liftarm with 31 holes

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ErikLeppen/WishParts/technic_beam_31_and_brick_32.png

Part usage: easifies building long structures in sets like 8258, 8285; less room needed for structural part which leaves more room for functional part.

Part 10

Part name: Technic Box Beam 5 x 5 with Open Center 3 x 3

Part description the top one in this image: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ErikLeppen/WishParts/technic_box_beam_5x5_and_variations.png

Part usage: strong frame for bevel gear transmissions and for structural construction in general. The direction of holes makes it easy to connect to the existing 5 x 7 box beams.

Part 11

Part name: Technic Beam 3 x 5 U-shaped

Part description the center one in this image: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ErikLeppen/WishParts/technic_box_beam_5x5_and_variations.png

Part usage: strong frame for bevel gear transmissions and for structural construction in general. Notice how the direction of holes is the same as the end of the existing 5 x 11 box beams.

Part 12

Part name: Technic Pin Joiner 3 x 3 Bent with 5 holes

Part description the bottom one in this image: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ErikLeppen/WishParts/technic_box_beam_5x5_and_variations.png

Part usage: strong frame for bevel gear transmissions and for structural construction in general. Notice how the direction of holes is the same as in the current pin joiner 2 x 2 bent (with 3 holes)

technic_box_beam_5x5_and_variations.png

Part 13

Part name: Technic Beam 5 x 7 L-shape

Part description http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ErikLeppen/WishParts/technic_liftarm_5x7_l.png

Part usage: suggestion to "replace" the current 5 x 9 double-bent liftarm with diagonal section, because that diagonal section is always in the way and rarely useful. Also this part was wrongly spotted on the first images of 8052 which made some people enthousiastic, so I think this part is wanted.

Part 14

Part name: Plate 2 x 2 T-shape

Part description http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ErikLeppen/WishParts/plate_2_x_2_t_shape.png

Part usage: another way to create half-stud offsets. When used in walls this can create a single 1 x 1 area sticking out for decoration or detail. When used in combination with 1 x 2 plates this can create interesting 1.5-stud intervals. When used in combination with tiself a very strong half-stud offset can be created. See http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ErikLeppen/WishParts/plate_2x2_tshape_usage.png

Edit, 2010-09-14: a Brickshelf account on the name of Lyyar has pictures of nonexisting parts I think are quite useful too.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=445051

Note: these are not my ideas. Someone else posted them on Brickshelf.

Edited by Erik Leppen

Survey: New parts and new colors

The floor is now yours :classic:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=4488

Is there anyone else here who would like to see the 1x2 plate extension removed from this element? If they did this, it would come in most handy for making transformers out of cars and other vehicles! :wink:

Just make it exactly as is in all other respects but without the plate extension!

Also useful would be to see this cut into a 1x2 plate with single wheel holder:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=2926

Get a modeling program and chop it dead-center between the center two studs on the 4L axis! :laugh: It would be very handy for wide low vehicles that don't normally run on roads!

I do also have one color request, but I don't know if medium blue is in current production - if it is, I'd like to see it come back for this part, and preferably in amounts of more than 2x per set:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=6091

While I'm on the subject, I would also very much like to see inverted versions of all curved parts that are not currently made with an inverted counterpart to the curved part!

Last, but not least, I have a really radical idea! Inverted tiles! Or flat-bottomed plates if you prefer! Like the "slide shoe" only totally flat on the bottom, and with studs on top!

Cheers ...

ghyde

Edited by ghyde

Is there anyone else here who would like to see the 1x2 plate extension removed from this element? [snip]

Just make it exactly as is in all other respects but without the plate extension!

Actually when I read this, before clicking the link I thought you were referring to another part. As your part wasn't the one I expected, let me request one too.

I'd like to see the 1 x 2 plate extension removed from this element:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=85970

Here is something I would LOVE to see.

Part 1

Part Name: Leaf(ves)

Part Description: Like the regular plant/vine pieces, but with actual LEAVES.

Part Usage: Great for making trees, bushes, and other things

Part 2

Part Name: Minifigure-Scale Bush.

Part Description: Like the bushes TLC already has, but sized up to minifigures. Or, pretty much, just sized down a bit.

Part Usage: Having this enables us to make MOCs that have bushes the real size compared to Minifigures, instead of head high bushes.

Or bushes that are knee-high, but don't look like bushes.

Some parts I could use very very often:

Part 1

Part name: No idea...

Part description: A plate with studs on both sides

Part usage: For complex building

Part 2

Part name: Round Brick Tile/ Round tile

Part description: A round brick without studs on top/a round tile

Part usage: Hiding/Removing the studs from round bricks (just like with normal bricks)