If lego makes cards for every set from now on, I will go jump out of a 30-story building.

If you remember, the last theme they did that with was Knights Kingdom, which only lasted 4 or 5 waves. I can't remember correctly. Seeing as this is their second card theme, I seriously doubt that they will begin putting cards in their sets.

Ninjago is beginning to look pretty cool!

I still can't tell on that samurai guy. I thought for sure It was removable at first, only due to the matching straw hat guy. I hope to high heaven it is still. but it looks less and less like there's a clean seam to me.

I agree, it does look like part of the actual head, but I still can't tell.

It also might look a bit odd due to the size, and might not fit on standard minifig heads properly. The heads are slightly different though (at least by printing), so the chance of the helmet being removable is diminishing.

On the other hand, the blacksmith's hut shows that the seam between the helmet and the eye parts of the head aren't completely closed. It's hard to say whether it is or isn't. :sceptic:

i have found some info on the new tv series:

After a time of peace in Ninjago, our four Ninja heroes are about to face a new dangerous enemy. Lloyd Garmadon, son of their archenemy Lord Garmadon, has unleashed a new evil with unique powers. Soon all his ambition to follow in his father's footsteps has put all of Ninjago in jeopardy.

i have found some info on the new tv series:

LOL. If that were real, it'd be hilarious. Did you make this up yourself, or did you find it somewhere?

In any event, there isn't going to be a TV series of that sort, at least unless Ninjago continues into 2012 (which it very well might if it's as successful as LEGO has hoped). If LEGO had plans for that, they'd be the first ones putting out a press release-- after all, a full TV series is a big deal. So I would take anything about a Ninjago TV series in jest until there's a magazine scan or a LEGO.com press release with authoritative details.

LOL. If that were real, it'd be hilarious. Did you make this up yourself, or did you find it somewhere?

The shows supposed to start airing at the end of this year. You can read about it here.

LegoGalactus

The ninjago movie can be found on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgdVKuD5VCo

Its a German version. I didn't find an english one, but it's better than nothing.

According to it, it can be confirmed that the lightning dragon is pretty much similar than the ice and fire dragon.

And yes, Kai is a weaponsmith, and Nya is not just a girl-to-be-saved, but a warrior chick!

The ninjago movie can be found on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgdVKuD5VCo

Its a German version. I didn't find an english one, but it's better than nothing.

According to it, it can be confirmed that the lightning dragon is pretty much similar than the ice and fire dragon.

And yes, Kai is a weaponsmith, and Nya is not just a girl-to-be-saved, but a warrior chick!

Thanks anyway 'Yooha', but I've watched twice now on Cartoon Network.

Interesting to note CN taking this on board as a series.....could this now become a long term product to backup Lego if SW starts to lose it's luster ! :wink:

We shall see in the comming months if this TV series is true or not ! :wink:

Keep on spinning ! :grin:

The shows supposed to start airing at the end of this year. You can read about it here.

LegoGalactus

Just found that news myself. Definitely spoke too soon! Sorry, r4g9! (although the plot summary you quoted still doesn't seem to be backed up by any authoritative source).

The fact that the show is airing beginning at the end of this year suggests to me that Ninjago is going to be getting a second wave for certain (assuming "end of this year" doesn't just mean autumn or something like that). What do people think a second year of the Ninjago story might focus on? One random possibility (just going by the saturday-morning-cartoon style of the whole theme and now the actual cartoon incarnation due to be released) is the idea of a Spinjitzu tournament where some powerful treasure is up for grabs, and both the good guys and bad guys enter teams in the competition.

Oh, a Ninja Go TV Show?

It looks like my guess was correct :laugh:

I hope it turns up in the UK soon enough.

Seeing as this is their second card theme, I seriously doubt that they will begin putting cards in their sets.

Actually, Johnny Thunder Orient Expedition was also a "card theme," with cards coming in all but the $4 sets. What would be the problem if there were cards in all the sets? More action fun for the kiddies when they play their spinner game.

I found this picture on the internet:

source

Yep. There's a topic about it here, and screenshots and other content at the LEGO Video Games website.

I hope it's cool. I got the original LEGO Battles as a Christmas present and didn't expect much of it, but it was actually really fun and exciting. I just hope this game maintains that, since it's a lot more character-based than LEGO Battles apparently and won't fill the same function of applying an amusing story to otherwise largely storyless themes.

I found an image of the Lightning Dragon from the Ninjago Battles game.

Lightning_Dragain_%28Ninjago%29.jpg

It doesn't really confirm anything, but it seems like it could be a real set.

I'm dangerously close to giving up on getting the Lightning Dragon set. I'm going to buy the Skeleton Bowling set anyway, but I'll still get the dragon if it's released. :classic:

I'm dangerously close to giving up on getting the Lightning Dragon set. I'm going to buy the Skeleton Bowling set anyway, but I'll still get the dragon if it's released. :classic:

I'm pretty certain the Lightning Dragon will be a real set, since Brickset has a set number listed for it. Unlike Brickipedia, Brickset doesn't tend to post that sort of stuff without hard evidence (unfortunately, they also don't disclose information that comes from leaked sources, so we just have to trust that they've got a source and just can't tell us).

Based on this image, it would seem to be more similar to the fire dragon than to the ice dragon, but of course I'm not totally sure how much a video game sprite can be trusted on that sort of thing. After all, video games occasionally use preliminary information-- the original LEGO Battles, for instance, had Space Police officers with white helmets and red visors, as well as black arms and white hands. The final officers in the sets had totally grey uniforms with black gloves, helmets, and visors.

Does anyone know where are this and those for in the small Spinjitzu sets?

It doesn't appear on the instuctions/rules included with it.

Does anyone know where are this and those for in the small Spinjitzu sets?

It doesn't appear on the instuctions/rules included with it.

Not entirely sure, but since they only relate to the April sets they might be related to specific cards that appear in the April sets. Remember that many cards use the "extra parts" (1x2 bricks and 2x2 plates) for specific things in the set. Additionally, since the character cards for the new sets aren't up on the online Card Dictionary yet, there's no way to be certain that all the "battle cards" are online yet.

Which of the April sets have you gotten? It's possible that only a few of the four new spinners have cards that use those specific parts, but they're included in all four in case someone gets the cards in another way.

Not entirely sure, but since they only relate to the April sets they might be related to specific cards that appear in the April sets. Remember that many cards use the "extra parts" (1x2 bricks and 2x2 plates) for specific things in the set. Additionally, since the character cards for the new sets aren't up on the online Card Dictionary yet, there's no way to be certain that all the "battle cards" are online yet.

Which of the April sets have you gotten? It's possible that only a few of the four new spinners have cards that use those specific parts, but they're included in all four in case someone gets the cards in another way.

I got 2172 (Nya) and 2173 (Nuckal). And I'm about to order the Ninjago Exclusive Weapon set (set #853111) with Sensei Wu :wub:

I'm pretty certain the Lightning Dragon will be a real set, since Brickset has a set number listed for it. Unlike Brickipedia, Brickset doesn't tend to post that sort of stuff without hard evidence (unfortunately, they also don't disclose information that comes from leaked sources, so we just have to trust that they've got a source and just can't tell us).

Based on this image, it would seem to be more similar to the fire dragon than to the ice dragon, but of course I'm not totally sure how much a video game sprite can be trusted on that sort of thing. After all, video games occasionally use preliminary information-- the original LEGO Battles, for instance, had Space Police officers with white helmets and red visors, as well as black arms and white hands. The final officers in the sets had totally grey uniforms with black gloves, helmets, and visors.

You have good points. Still, I think this is close enough. I would have liked a different head mould, but I guess the reason why the Earth dragon has a different head is because it can't fly (or can it?). :tongue:

Argh, I was going to get the Skeleton Bowling set today, but my local TRU has closed temporarily for renovations.

Lightning_Dragain_%28Ninjago%29.jpg

To me it just looks the same as the Ice Dragon, but in blue. Although it seem to have some (little) more adjustments it would be a great set on its own. It makes me wonder what kind of and how many Minifigs they will include with this.

To me it just looks the same as the Ice Dragon, but in blue. Although it seem to have some (little) more adjustments it would be a great set on its own. It makes me wonder what kind of and how many Minifigs they will include with this.

It's really more like the Fire Dragon than like the Ice Dragon. It has a larger body and tail than the Ice Dragon, as well as a "saddle" on its neck. In some ways, it looks better than the Fire Dragon-- the tail, for instance, looks a lot more sturdy and flexible, but a simple sprite might not be a reliable representation of the final set.

Since it's probably going to be a retailer exclusive of some kind, I imagine the minifigs ought to be fairly impressive. However, given what other "Special Edition" sets we've seen, I doubt there will be any minifigures we won't see in any other sets. There should be some impressive ones, though.

One thing that disappoints me so far is that Samukai (the fire skeleton general) never gets a spinner in any sets. He is the only minifigure for whom this applies, unless you count the generic skeletons with different accessories: Sensei Wu even gets a spinner for each of his two outfits! It seems a shame that the theme came so close to having a spinner for every character and yet there's one important character who doesn't seem to get one in any sets we've seen.

One thing that disappoints me so far is that Samukai (the fire skeleton general) never gets a spinner in any sets. He is the only minifigure for whom this applies, unless you count the generic skeletons with different accessories: Sensei Wu even gets a spinner for each of his two outfits! It seems a shame that the theme came so close to having a spinner for every character and yet there's one important character who doesn't seem to get one in any sets we've seen.

Samukai is the one with four arms right? I think it would be unfair to fight 4armed skeleton vs 2 armed ninjas. Also 4 weapons would make spinner wobly (2 of them are hard to spin already)

It's really more like the Fire Dragon than like the Ice Dragon. It has a larger body and tail than the Ice Dragon, as well as a "saddle" on its neck. In some ways, it looks better than the Fire Dragon-- the tail, for instance, looks a lot more sturdy and flexible, but a simple sprite might not be a reliable representation of the final set.

Since it's probably going to be a retailer exclusive of some kind, I imagine the minifigs ought to be fairly impressive. However, given what other "Special Edition" sets we've seen, I doubt there will be any minifigures we won't see in any other sets. There should be some impressive ones, though.

I was aware of this, but not seen the Fire Dragon yet. So most logicly I compared the Lightning with the Ice Dragon.

I think the reason why there isn't a spinner is because of the overall size. It would be extremely imbalanced to use one in a game: he has four arms, but is also an easier target to hit.

Personally, I'm a bit disappointed at the lack of Zanes in the sets. Zane is only in three of the sets (four if you count the Ice Dragon, but that's the DX version), and is harder to obtain than the others. :sceptic:

I hope we see images of the Lightning Dragon soon, and it'd be great if it wasn't an exclusive (though it almost definitely is), and if it included Zane. :classic:

I think the reason why there isn't a spinner is because of the overall size. It would be extremely imbalanced to use one in a game: he has four arms, but is also an easier target to hit.

Personally, I'm a bit disappointed at the lack of Zanes in the sets. Zane is only in three of the sets (four if you count the Ice Dragon, but that's the DX version), and is harder to obtain than the others. :sceptic:

I hope we see images of the Lightning Dragon soon, and it'd be great if it wasn't an exclusive (though it almost definitely is), and if it included Zane. :classic:

We know this is Jay's dragon no doubt, but who knows. Zane could be a supporting character utilizing some battle cart while fighting a skeleton dragon if the set will have ~300 pieces.