Maybe Lizardmen as the new villians in 2012, It fits with how crazy the NinjaGo theme is ? p.s. the Earth Dragon is mainly brown and that lizard is green.

I'm with you on the lizardmen front. The picture sure looks like a lizard(or perhaps snake). I don't think it's a dragon, though. It just doesn't have that dragon look, to me. If it is, in fact lizardmen, I may have to delve more into this theme.

Can't wait for these two!

Interesting pics! Did those just surface recently, or have I just never noticed them before?

Interestingly, the printing on the spinners is a lot clearer now. They seem somewhat inspired by the yin/yang symbol, with the dark area larger on Lord Garmadon's and the light area larger on Sensei Wu's. Now, the use of this symbolism bothers me a bit. The yin/yang symbol is supposed to represent balance, so having a decidedly imbalanced version for both the good and bad guys makes little sense to me. But the decorations are still nicely designed to demonstrate a good-vs.-evil contrast, where Wu's white pattern has peaceful, cloudy wisps and Garmadon's black pattern has jagged black lightning.

I just noticed on that recently posted picture of the Senesei Woo and Lord Garmaddon spinners that Garmaddon's arm seems to be bent, not unlike the way minifigures in the Lego games move. Is this just because it's a CGI render (lego often does this kind of thing) or a new piece to allow the figure to work properly with the spinner game?

I just noticed on that recently posted picture of the Senesei Woo and Lord Garmaddon spinners that Garmaddon's arm seems to be bent, not unlike the way minifigures in the Lego games move. Is this just because it's a CGI render (lego often does this kind of thing) or a new piece to allow the figure to work properly with the spinner game?

I has Garmadon, and no the arms are regular minifig arms. He's an awesome minifig overall and his spinner is just awesome evil. I was debating between him and sensei, but decided for him, since I don't have any majjor villains yet. I also picked up Earth Dragon Defence, which is an awesome set. NINE of the brown rocky bits! Also, the skeleton soldier Wyplash is actually kind of charming. He has this really cool printed detail on the right side of his head- there's a crack with a worm poking out! Very awesome. And he has a rice hat, so I finally have one.

I'll prolly do a quick review of both sets in the near future, and then maybe a full review later, but I just don't feel like taking the Dragon apart yet lol. So it'll just be a pictoral review of the complete sets.

I've seen the new Ninjago sets at TRU, though I didn't pick them up because they didn't qualify for the BOGO sale. I'm still hoping to get them at a discount.

So I saw:

Mountain Shrine

Sensei Wu (spinner)

Lord Garmadon (spinner)

Skull Truck

Fire Temple

Blacksmith Shop

Earth Dragon Defense

Lightning Dragon Battle

What I'm wondering about is the two skeleton spinners, Wyplash and Kruncha. I haven't seen them listed anywhere, but I don't see that there's going to be another wave this year. Unless these two are exclusive to LEGO stores like the weapon training set.

I've seen the new Ninjago sets at TRU, though I didn't pick them up because they didn't qualify for the BOGO sale. I'm still hoping to get them at a discount.

So I saw:

Mountain Shrine

Sensei Wu (spinner)

Lord Garmadon (spinner)

Skull Truck

Fire Temple

Blacksmith Shop

Earth Dragon Defense

Lightning Dragon Battle

What I'm wondering about is the two skeleton spinners, Wyplash and Kruncha. I haven't seen them listed anywhere, but I don't see that there's going to be another wave this year. Unless these two are exclusive to LEGO stores like the weapon training set.

My TRU had Wyplash and Kruncha in spinner form, though I did not see a Lightning Dragon there...

I think you're the luckier of us two lol.

Interesting pics! Did those just surface recently, or have I just never noticed them before?

Interestingly, the printing on the spinners is a lot clearer now. They seem somewhat inspired by the yin/yang symbol, with the dark area larger on Lord Garmadon's and the light area larger on Sensei Wu's. Now, the use of this symbolism bothers me a bit. The yin/yang symbol is supposed to represent balance, so having a decidedly imbalanced version for both the good and bad guys makes little sense to me. But the decorations are still nicely designed to demonstrate a good-vs.-evil contrast, where Wu's white pattern has peaceful, cloudy wisps and Garmadon's black pattern has jagged black lightning.

The photos are from brickset. I sort of like the clear spinner, though clear also means you're gonna see cracks clearly as well :laugh: I really hope someone will do a review or even just the pics to see the set in actual photo and not cgi. Nice observation though about the yin-yang imbalance :thumbup:

I has Garmadon, and no the arms are regular minifig arms. He's an awesome minifig overall and his spinner is just awesome evil. I was debating between him and sensei, but decided for him, since I don't have any majjor villains yet. I also picked up Earth Dragon Defence, which is an awesome set. NINE of the brown rocky bits! Also, the skeleton soldier Wyplash is actually kind of charming. He has this really cool printed detail on the right side of his head- there's a crack with a worm poking out! Very awesome. And he has a rice hat, so I finally have one.

I'll prolly do a quick review of both sets in the near future, and then maybe a full review later, but I just don't feel like taking the Dragon apart yet lol. So it'll just be a pictoral review of the complete sets.

Please do a review specially the Garmadon spinner set. Nice choice eh. I wonder how he will look side by side with Darth Maul. I will get both Garmadon and S. Wu once Chapters have them online. I like that Vietnamese hat too.

My TRU had Wyplash and Kruncha in spinner form, though I did not see a Lightning Dragon there...

I think you're the luckier of us two lol.

I hope they're not doing something silly like regionalizing which sets go where. That would really suck. Maybe not all the stores have all the shipments yet.

I hope they're not doing something silly like regionalizing which sets go where. That would really suck. Maybe not all the stores have all the shipments yet.

That's what I was thinking. I'll prolly see the lightning dragon soon, and you'll prolly see the two missing spinners soon. I wouldn't worry too much

That's what I was thinking. I'll prolly see the lightning dragon soon, and you'll prolly see the two missing spinners soon. I wouldn't worry too much

You're right. And TRU lists all the spinners online.

And I wanted to confirm for people that the Lightning Dragon is not sold at LEGO stores. I just went there today. It does appear that it is a TRU exclusive, at least for the US.

So if anyone hears of any good percent off coupons for TRU, make sure to post them. Please! :thumbup:

I saw the lightning dragon at my tru and a few of the new spinners. But I passed' I needed the melinium falcon.

So snake people hmmmm sounds interesting! Ohhhh think of there vehicles! Fake dragons on wheels? Guess we just have to wait and see.

5999942199_f19888b813.jpg

Cole without his ninja mask

my flickr

ninjagohairstyle.jpg

Screencaps showing the four ninjas without their masks.

Edited by r1chard

oh lordy, worms in skulls. just got the monster truck to cap off my skelevehicle collection - ok I'm a liar and I still need the copter from Lightning Dragon

But back to the point: terrific set, continuing the hilarious grim parade of death embracing biker trucker types (space police 3 to ninjago - I swear, they've gone my kind of crazy.)

They still managed to shock me with Wyplash :grin: Poor man has worms in his noggin.

While I'm here, remember how rumors originally went all out with the multicolor ninjas? I think I have as many black red white and blue ninjas as I'd ever dream of needing (could still use dragon cole and jay - happily I want their respective dragons too)

Anyone think we could get a color refresh next year? including that color you've always dreamed of having a ninja in? commence the wistful thinking :sweet:

*snip*

Cole without his ninja mask

*snip*

Screencaps showing the four ninjas without their masks.

Any idea where Kai's hairpiece can be sourced to buy?

Edited by Peppermint_M
No photo quotes!

Any idea where Kai's hairpiece can be sourced to buy?

Unfortunately, it doesn't exist as an official piece. Maybe in the future it might be released in a set, but that's just me being hopeful. Given how thin some of his standing sprigs of hair are, it would probably have to be made of rubber if it were put in an official set.

It'd be awesome if the 2012 Ninjago line started including hairpieces for all the ninjas. Again, though, that's just me being hopeful, and we have no reason to expect that to happen unless TLG foresees a decision like that being hugely popular.

I don't know if any of you noticed this but the website has been updated with new stuff. Go check it out!

Just got Earth Dragon- I higly recomend it.

Great pieces (earth panels), beautiful head, straw hat...

The dragon itself looks a lot better and much bulkier than Ice one, and tail action is pretty cool.

I actually like this wave better than the first, mainly because most of them would fit in with my medieval Kingdom. The Earth and Lightning dragons for obvious reasons, the Mountain Shrine (with some tweaking) could be turned into a troll camp/outpost, etc. .

As for the next wave, I think they may add in a new ninja, just to keep things fresh. Then they could give him a dragon too. :thumbup:

They could also expand Nya's character, turn her into a proper lady ninja (feminine-ja? :laugh:) and give her a dragon.

I also wonder if there will be new villains, to replace skeletons. Samurai-based ones could be cool, but the lizard-people that people have theorized would be great! :cry_happy:

I actually like this wave better than the first, mainly because most of them would fit in with my medieval Kingdom. The Earth and Lightning dragons for obvious reasons, the Mountain Shrine (with some tweaking) could be turned into a troll camp/outpost, etc. .

As for the next wave, I think they may add in a new ninja, just to keep things fresh. Then they could give him a dragon too. :thumbup:

They could also expand Nya's character, turn her into a proper lady ninja (feminine-ja? :laugh:) and give her a dragon.

I also wonder if there will be new villains, to replace skeletons. Samurai-based ones could be cool, but the lizard-people that people have theorized would be great! :cry_happy:

Nya with Fire Dragon set (like Ice dragon one) Would be nice! As I said somewhere in this thread Garmadon needs skeletal dragon! So maybe 2 Dragon battle set?

I'm afraid a lot of people will be disapointed in the next wave of Ninjago as it is heavily vehicle based. Even the ninjas get vehicles...

I'm afraid a lot of people will be disapointed in the next wave of Ninjago as it is heavily vehicle based. Even the ninjas get vehicles...

And how do you know this?

You seemed to know alot of the future sets from different themes :devil:

Care to share?

You seemed to know alot of the future sets from different themes :devil:

Care to share?

Yes I have come by a substaintial amount (Oh maybe not that much. But anyhow...) of intel on upcoming releases.

And I am sharing! Just not all at once. Yes, I am an attention w...re! :tongue: