Just out of curiosity:

where do people find these confidential pics? Are they sent out to retailers as previews, or are they acquired through knowing someone at the Lego Group??

The new 2 x 2 round fluted bricks from the columns look great and I can forsee quite a few train clubs adding said part to their next LUGBULK orders if they can...

Please remove deeplinks to confidential pictures. Or I can do it for you.

We do not like to have them posted when they have the [Confidential] stamp.

Is there any link for other prelimanary images?Temple looks great and i very like new round pieces and pieces in new colors(green tentacles,trans-green flames,orange piraka tail,etc).Angrlerfish warrior also looks good.

Edited by MantaMan

Just out of curiosity:

where do people find these confidential pics? Are they sent out to retailers as previews, or are they acquired through knowing someone at the Lego Group??

from the retailers catalogue. They are "secret" for the public but sometimes you can see something!

:tongue:

nausi

from the retailers catalogue. They are "secret" for the public but sometimes you can see something!

:tongue:

nausi

well since you have the awesome privilege to see these, would you mind posting a few pics of the Atlantis sets? If not, would you be cool with describing them-specifically the figures.

well since you have the awesome privilege to see these, would you mind posting a few pics of the Atlantis sets? If not, would you be cool with describing them-specifically the figures.

yes, tomorrow i'll have in my hands (again) the catalogue. After I'll post all the news that I'll remeber.

nausi

yes, tomorrow i'll have in my hands (again) the catalogue. After I'll post all the news that I'll remeber.

nausi

awesome! Thanks, Nausi. I think right now Eurobricks loves you lol.

ok, i have the catalogue

7976 Deep Sea Jet: very little set with 1 diver and 1 little red sea-jet. 2 harpoons, no enemies (only 1 standard red snake) 4,99€ I suppose

7977 Underwater Walker [3] a sea robot with 1 diver VS 1 hammer shark (minifig) I like it very much 9,99€

7978 Anglerfish Attack [3] wow! 1 diver agains a BIG and very well designed anglerfish + 1 green fish (the same that is on the roof of the temple) , a little colomn and a golden helmet (from 8078 portal of atlantis) 29,99€

7984 Drill Submarine [3]

the submarine is very big and red sand have a mega drill on the left :sick: . There is only 1 hammer shark (minifig) and a golden armour (from 8078 portal of atlantis) 49,99€ ???

7985 Temple of Atlantis [3] you saw this yet. there is also another minifig in red, with a crab shape and big drags. I like it very much! :wub:

nausi

ok, i have the catalogue

7976 Deep Sea Jet: very little set with 1 diver and 1 little red sea-jet. 2 harpoons, no enemies (only 1 standard red snake) 4,99€ I suppose

7977 Underwater Walker [3] a sea robot with 1 diver VS 1 hammer shark (minifig) I like it very much 9,99€

7978 Anglerfish Attack [3] wow! 1 diver agains a BIG and very well designed anglerfish + 1 green fish (the same that is on the roof of the temple) , a little colomn and a golden helmet (from 8078 portal of atlantis) 29,99€

7984 Drill Submarine [3]

the submarine is very big and red sand have a mega drill on the left :sick: . There is only 1 hammer shark (minifig) and a golden armour (from 8078 portal of atlantis) 49,99€ ???

7985 Temple of Atlantis [3] you saw this yet. there is also another minifig in red, with a crab shape and big drags. I like it very much! :wub:

nausi

how does the hammerhead and crab figures look?

And what are 'drags'?

Thanks so much for the infos! I can't wait to see pix!

how does the hammerhead and crab figures look?

And what are 'drags'?

Thanks so much for the infos! I can't wait to see pix!

drags= nippers for wordreference :wacko:

the hammerhead is like the pirates of the carribbean one (film III). he has a terrible toothed mouth

the crub has gold pattern and long gold liana(s) :laugh:

nausi

Oh, now I get it, instead of finding all the keys now they have to find the peices of the golden armor(Orient Expedition? :tongue: ) and for some reason put a key in the rock(I hope they have a new key color and that the shark key is preliminary, maybe gold to match the armor? :cry_happy: ... :sceptic: ).

drags= nippers for wordreference :wacko:

the hammerhead is like the pirates of the carribbean one (film III). he has a terrible toothed mouth

the crub has gold pattern and long gold liana(s) :laugh:

nausi

gotcha! So we're going to see new minifig limbs! Crab claws! And I'm liking the gold pattern and antennae idea.

And the hammerhead sounds...interesting. What's your personal opinion on it? Cool? Silly? Lame?

gotcha! So we're going to see new minifig limbs! Crab claws! And I'm liking the gold pattern and antennae idea.

And the hammerhead sounds...interesting. What's your personal opinion on it? Cool? Silly? Lame?

for me it is a very good minifigs, I like it! It's cool and "wild". Go lego go!

nausi

for me it is a very good minifigs, I like it! It's cool and "wild". Go lego go!

nausi

Sounds good to me! :blush:

Also, what are the Human minifigs like? are they the same Atlantis divers, or have they gone through any changes? (kind of like how the Power Miners changed their uniforms in 2010)

I assume that logically their outfits will be the same, given that they're miles deep in the ocean and unable to nip back up to the surface for new attire, but.....you never know...

Will/Rocketbilly

Ah! So even though we may not be getting the portal emperor in any other set, at least we get his armor. That's great for people like me who bought the keychain of him and removed the chain because now we'll be able to switch the helmet with the gap with the real one from one of these more affordable sets. :thumbup:

Doesn't the Walker come with any armor piece or key?

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Ah! So even though we may not be getting the portal emperor in any other set, at least we get his armor. That's great for people like me who bought the keychain of him and removed the chain because now we'll be able to switch the helmet with the gap with the real one from one of these more affordable sets. :thumbup:

Doesn't the Walker come with any armor piece or key?

WORD. That gap is barely acceptable-it makes me feel cheap whenever I use the portal emperor in MOCs lol.

But it's really the only way for those of us with fewer pocket cash to obtain an amazing fig. I'm looking forward to the crabman the most, though of course he only appears in the expensive set. Perhaps he will be this year's keychain lol.

Never mind. I just remembered the portal emperor's armor has that unique speckled color, not gold. :hmpf_bad: Oh well, it will still be good to have.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Never mind. I just remembered the portal emperor's armor has that unique speckled color, not gold. :hmpf_bad: Oh well, it will still be good to have.

true... but gold means that it's not painted and therefore won't get all faded ever!

Also, it will look VERY nice in the pearl gold colour, and cna be used for figs that aren't supposed to be all ancient.

Nausi sent some more 2011 Atlantis images to me, I'm hosting them on Flickr for now. Get them while you can.

See images of the 2011 Pharoah's Quest and Atlantis line here:

On Flickr

Special thanks to Nausi who took pictures of the European retail catalog.

The angler fish looks nice and I LOVE the crab but the hammerhead shark guy is stupid. :sceptic:

good to see the portal armor is still spotted gold.

The crab guy is total epic win. He's the Squid Warrior of the 2011 line. The hammerhead is unique, but a little retarded lol. The anglerman is still cool.

I'm going to have to invest in some sets!

The angler fish attack set is really sweet! Love the angler fish minifig. Looks like the divers went from green to yellow.

The angler fish attack set is really sweet! Love the angler fish minifig. Looks like the divers went from green to yellow.

Perfect for the blacktron fans. :classic: