Klaus-Dieter

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 3 discussion

Track down a box from an online retailer. That means you are not putting money in the hands a scalper on eBay or bricklink. You are not taking fogures from the children and there is often a nice discount over buying 60 figures one by one, or in a shop where they will probably charge for each figure.

Good suggestion.

Been staring at the space villain for awhile... they should've given him a cape or jet pack, I think. He seems a tad barren.

but it doesn't work that way, and it doesn't work that way by TLG's design.

That is why they have bar codes and bumps.

Besides tracking them down is the fun part of collecting.

You know how many FF Trading Arts figs I had to buy jut to get Balthier? A LOT. Sure I could have bought him online, but that is too easy. Plus I built up a nice collection of figs plus the one I wanted. :P

-Omi

Got back from the local TRU. They only had one box, but luckily I had my iPhone to consult the barcode/dot guide. Scored a space villain and a baseball player, but they didn't have the snowboard girl I wanted to get for my girlfriend.

EDIT: Oh, I paid $4.99 per minifigure. What is MSRP?

MSRP, Manufacturers Sugested retail Price.

I don't wholly agree with exon, but I really don't agree with this, either. If one could simply buy 16 and be done with it, that would be one thing - but it doesn't work that way, and it doesn't work that way by TLG's design. If you want to "blame" somebody, blame TLG, not people like exon.

like I said, I did need extra parts... I do MOC builds some times for comical reasons and having extra heads and body gear comes in handy... take for example my green army men project(making a army base in town), I need 50 pairs of yellow hands and heads.... well almost... that box I have coming in the mail will cover that after the set is completed.... and it is not even intended to be a shelf set, they will be in my city as function as well... But I do plan on selling off enuff commons bagged and sealed on ebay to cover the shipping charge I had to pay( like ten would cover it)

But ya at the end of the day, them little bags are like a drug, you go to the store pass them up... two days later you walk by them again and think well lets get one.... next thing you know you want a whole damn box because it is just too damn fun opening them guys up and thinking what should I set this one up in or what should I build for this one....

you all can judge me if you want, but if you seen three full boxes of them and tried to buy one whole one, this does not make you a bad person... it just makes some one else that did not get there first a sore looser...

PS... it is good to have connection at TRU... but it is bad when they are not management...dogh! :angry:

But the internet is nice and I did find a box, but most of you would say I over paid for it... but I did get what I wanted and it was at any cost I got it too..... :wink:

keep bricking every one....

Following up on my earlier post, I went to the local TRU here in Tallahassee a little while ago and they do indeed have them - two opened boxes on the shelf, and they're $3.99 per figure. Gahh. I decided I should wait for an opportunity to get them at slightly less outrageous prices, and didn't get any; I may get some tomorrow with a BOGO coupon, but completing a set (to say nothing of multiples) will almost certainly have to wait until next payday. It's going to be a long nine days...

Saw the second shipment of these at the local TRU (Appleton, WI) tonight. They weren't there yesterday. Unfortunately the price is now up to $3.99, was $2.99 last week. Too rich for my blood. I have 10 of them already, I'll wait for the last few until I find them at Target or Wal Mart at a lower price. These are definitely shipping to TRU in greater quantity than the previous series. I never saw Series 1, only the empty box on one occasion. Saw Series 2 a few times, but usually a box or two at a time. Now with Series 3, they've had more in one week than I think they've had total from the first two series.

I don't have any packaged Series 3 to check, but as I recall there were bumps and dents, innies and outties, however you want to describe them some were raised and some were indented. My guess is that this new chart is trying to reflect that, but since I don't have a package I can't tell you which is which... a key on the chart would be nice.

Ah, okay. That was what I thought too. I'm guessing the uncoloured ones are dents and the coloured ones are bumps, but I'll actually need them here. Still, nice to know that the system isn't as hard as previously thought.

Some quick input on the ethics issue: while I don't mind people using charts to identify minifigs, I don't like others hoarding particular minifigs or buying them to sell later. I only want one of each minifig (with the occasional two or three for those I liked) for myself, not to sell as a complete set online or something. Unfortunately, lots of people don't play by the same rules, and availability here is already quite low. Barcode scanners are a little cheap too, as it takes significantly longer if you don't have a capable device to scan them with.

Still, I'm happy to hear that the production has been ramped up, though I hope quality won't be sacrificed in the process.

Any sightings of series 3 outside the US yet?

I've been checking all my local Tesco's but nearly all still have the same box of series 2 on shelf they had a month ago, and that wasnt out until late october?

Saw the second shipment of these at the local TRU (Appleton, WI) tonight. They weren't there yesterday. Unfortunately the price is now up to $3.99, was $2.99 last week. Too rich for my blood. I have 10 of them already, I'll wait for the last few until I find them at Target or Wal Mart at a lower price. --- .

My local TRU did the same thing, :angry: sorry TRU no more funds for you. At those price I can wait until Walmart or Target to have em... heck I can even wait to buy these direct from Shop@home and pay shipping and still save money :tongue:

Ralph

My local TRU did the same thing, :angry: sorry TRU no more funds for you. At those price I can wait until Walmart or Target to have em... heck I can even wait to buy these direct from Shop@home and pay shipping and still save money :tongue:

Ralph

Long ago I decided that anyone who makes a kids movie (except Pixar) has no soul, now i expand that to "Anyone who markets anything to children(except Pixar and Lego) have absolutely nothing good about them and came here from hell.

this includes Toys R Us.

Ralph

ouch... I only paid 3.10 each for a box order... I am now feeling better that I over paid but under paid what TRU would have charged me..... WOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO

TRU, you can brick the block off! well then again them BOGO sales are nice :laugh:

Any sightings of series 3 outside the US yet?

I've been checking all my local Tesco's but nearly all still have the same box of series 2 on shelf they had a month ago, and that wasnt out until late october?

Which tesco stores have em? checked my local and could not find any...

Site updated with Series 3 bios. Collectible Minifigures.

The elf is stronger than the sumo wrestler (5 stars vs 3 stars). Who would have thunk it? :tongue:

Haven't seen any of series 3 in the UK yet.

Amps

Edited by AmperZand

Site updated with Series 3 bios. Collectible Minifigures.

It seems to suggest conclusively that the Hula Girl is modern, but dressed in a primite style, rather than an actual pirate-era Islander.

Now I won't be able to use her in my Pirate theme. :pir_bawling:

(Just kidding. She's totally going to be kidnapped by the pirates anyway)

My local TRU(Peterborough) has kept their prices for the Collectable Minifigures(Series 1 and 2) the same. I find this odd considering that most other TRUs raise the prices just to gain a profit that TLG isn't. :hmpf_bad: If that happens in my local TRU, all my Series 3 money will go to my local WHSmiths(or anywhere I can get the packets without having to use the chance game), as they are usually very reliable for these, but sometimes have them behind the counter. I find that it just is the case in different places.

Lord Embo

Lord Embo,

Smiths keep them behind the counter because of problems with theft. If you don't look shady and you ask the manager nicely, they will normally let you take a box to one side and pick the ones you want. Helps if you go in when the store is not too busy.

Amps

Track down a box from an online retailer. That means you are not putting money in the hands a scalper on eBay or bricklink. You are not taking fogures from the children and there is often a nice discount over buying 60 figures one by one, or in a shop where they will probably charge for each figure.

Or...wait just a little bit.

Right now, everybody is FROTHING over series three figs. Understandable but, some folks still can't find series two.

Yet, here in Toronto, Canada, one retailer has so many series two figs, they're not just selling them at MSRP (as they ALWAYS have), they're offering them at "buy three, get the fourth free" online and in store.

A store I was at yesterday had SIXTEEN boxes in stock and their 'sister store' up the street a ways had EIGHT boxes in stock.

I personally think there will be PLENTY of series three figures kicking around, with NO need to be paying double the MSRP for them.

Edited by Ogre

MSRP, Manufacturers Sugested retail Price.

I know what MSRP stands for, I was asking what the MSRP for the sets were.

I wish I had noticed earlier, I certainly wouldn't have given the local TRU $4.99 per pack.

I know what MSRP stands for, I was asking what the MSRP for the sets were.

I wish I had noticed earlier, I certainly wouldn't have given the local TRU $4.99 per pack.

I think they are $1.99 in USA. :wink:

Or...wait just a little bit.

Right now, everybody is FROTHING over series three figs. Understandable but, some folks still can't find series two.

Yet, here in Toronto, Canada, one retailer has so many series two figs, they're not just selling them at MSRP (as they ALWAYS have), they're offering them at "buy three, get the fourth free" online and in store.

A store I was at yesterday had SIXTEEN boxes in stock and their 'sister store' up the street a ways had EIGHT boxes in stock.

I personally think there will be PLENTY of series three figures kicking around, with NO need to be paying double the MSRP for them.

This. I don't see why everybody is in a frenzy over Series 3 Figs (especially considering the general consensus that this wave is fairly weak). It is widely established that Series 3 is going to see even greater production numbers, relative to the first two series, so paying double the MSRP seems pretty ridiculous to me. Just wait until mid-January and I can all but guarantee that you will find them in greater quantities, at MSRP. Patience is a virtue!

To be honest, I have a feeling that a lot of Series 3 figs are going to be 'shelf-warmers'. As Ogre mentioned, it is still relatively easy to find Series 2 figs, if you know where to look, and Series 3 will be in even greater numbers.

By the way, I'm guessing that Canadians aren't going to see these until the new year?

I think they are $1.99 in USA. :wink:

Supposed to be, I know! (Someone already answered my question on the previous page)

By the way, I'm guessing that Canadians aren't going to see these until the new year?

My wife called a couple of MM stores in the Toronto area and got the same word: January.

NOW, with that said...series two popped-up there a bit earlier than they had stated, so...