Klaus-Dieter

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 3 discussion

When bickering gets this bad, I like to meditate on tvtropes and take advantage of the ever-useful 'ignore' function. :classic:

Is there anywhere to go to get detailed images of all the minifigs from all angles, and their individual parts? It's hard to search through eBay and hope to stumble upon good images.

When bickering gets this bad, I like to meditate on tvtropes and take advantage of the ever-useful 'ignore' function. :classic:

Is there anywhere to go to get detailed images of all the minifigs from all angles, and their individual parts? It's hard to search through eBay and hope to stumble upon good images.

This photostream has several nice images.

I'm happy with any ID system as long as I can find some to go through; the only place in my area I've been able to find these is at urban Outfitters, behind the counter at $5 each :tongue:

Oh momma! Looking at that photostream just makes me want them that much more!

I know I said I didn't like the alien b/c I already have a few of those heads (not in that color, though), but that alien's torso printing is screaming sci-fi hero!

I had planned on getting one set and then just an extra elf to paint the hair black and use it for a pixie character, but I'm going to have a hard time limiting myself. The next two months will not be good for my budget. For all the complaining we do, I'm greatful for the fantastic products TLG have put out lately.

For all the complaining we do, I'm greatful for the fantastic products TLG have put out lately.

Ditto.

TLG has really stepped up and cranked out some tres cool products lately. I'm impressed...but, my wallet sure ain't too happy! :laugh:

I really like this series. I probably won't buy every figure due to money reasons but it's great to see a good mix of themes so there is something for everyone, (historical, space, castle, fantasy, sports...)

My favourite figure is the tennis player and I may buy two so they can compete (hopefully another version will be released in future so I don't have two the same!). I like the fact we get a new female with a decent face and hair as well as a useful and unique accessory. I also am pleased that the elf's head can be used as a normal town person as the face is cool but I understand that fantasy fans will be annoyed that the hair cannot be changed to make different elves.

I'm not keen on the new caps as they make the old ones seem pretty redundant in comparison. Also I'm disappointed there was no glove for the baseball player (but maybe a future figure from a different team will have one!). The sumo guy is far better than I initially thought and the hair piece and face will be useful to have. Finally, I'm pleased the gorilla is a guy in an outfit rather than a real animal as it looks better that way and I really like the guy's head inside.

from brickset:

Posted by PhoenixBrickGal in United States, Nov 23 2010 5:01PM:

Hey AZ FIRE WOLF!!

Im in Phoenix too, and I juts found some today! I found them, of all places, at Harbor Freight Tools on Elliott and McClintock. I bought four boxes. I left one box with just a few figs left.

You might want to try some other locations.

Posted by bookwoof1 in United States, Nov 21 2010 10:41AM:

I found 8 cases in my Pigly Wigly,(supermarket) I bought them all. I love the Monkey. I haven't heard of anyone else finding them there. It was totally worth it! Good Luck to all

Just to let everyone know, Series 2 has been sold out on S@H for a few days now :classic:

It was on S@H for quite a long time, much longer than Series 1.

I hope everyone got their share of minifigs! :classic:

It was on S@H for quite a long time, much longer than Series 1.

I hope everyone got their share of minifigs! :classic:

I still don't have any Spartans!! Oh well I got a samurai now.

I think I now understand more or less all the different points of view and buying habits related to these minifig series, except for one.

I still don't understand why people would buy these for reselling. It must take an awful lot of time to resell hundreds of these, and while it seems possible to resell the most wanted ones for 5$ (i.e. 3$ of profit each), it's hard to believe that a reseller buying for example 500 minifigs would get rid of more than half of them within a year, and be stuck with the rest for a much longer time. I can understand resellers buying huge Star Wars sets, but not these minifig series. It's not worth the time...

I think I now understand more or less all the different points of view and buying habits related to these minifig series, except for one.

I still don't understand why people would buy these for reselling. It must take an awful lot of time to resell hundreds of these, and while it seems possible to resell the most wanted ones for 5$ (i.e. 3$ of profit each), it's hard to believe that a reseller buying for example 500 minifigs would get rid of more than half of them within a year, and be stuck with the rest for a much longer time. I can understand resellers buying huge Star Wars sets, but not these minifig series. It's not worth the time...

I think they just like to take them from us and then laugh at us and them sell them to us at a higher price because we are still going to get them, no matter the cost(well most of us)

If the shoe fits then yep I'm calling you a megablocker.

So once again I think the only way to fix the problem is to only sell them only online, because it's clear nothing else will work.

I am definetely against that! I hate buying online, and if they started doing that then I wouldn't get any!

That's a good point. It's possible that these minifigs (especially series 1) will only increase in value as time goes by. In a couple of years from now, that Diver that everyone made fun of may be really valuable. Then again ... maybe the hype will die down, and the figs won't be worth the two bucks that the scalper paid for it. You never know. Collectibles are a fickle business. Just ask all those people who bought those rare hologram-foil-stamped comic books back in the 90's, or those people who bought Beanie Babies back in the early 00's. That stuff is worthless now.

That's a good point. It's possible that these minifigs (especially series 1) will only increase in value as time goes by. In a couple of years from now, that Diver that everyone made fun of may be really valuable. Then again ... maybe the hype will die down, and the figs won't be worth the two bucks that the scalper paid for it. You never know. Collectibles are a fickle business. Just ask all those people who bought those rare hologram-foil-stamped comic books back in the 90's, or those people who bought Beanie Babies back in the early 00's. That stuff is worthless now.

I doubt these will ever have any great value. They're too obviously collectable, I imagine lots of 'investors' will be buying loads of them now with the intention of selling them for a slightly higher value in ten years time. They're not going to become rare any time soon.

I doubt these will ever have any great value. They're too obviously collectable, I imagine lots of 'investors' will be buying loads of them now with the intention of selling them for a slightly higher value in ten years time. They're not going to become rare any time soon.

This is the age of the 'collector' and the simple fact is: NOTHING will ever be worth any great value down the road if it's 'mass produced' in any reasonable quantity. The only stuff that will be more valuable, is stuff that is strictly limited in production, preferably NUMBERED.

Comic books and old toys from days gone by are valuable for one specific reason: ones in good condition are almost impossible to find, because nobody KEPT THEM in good condtion. They were read/played with/etc and then discarded. It wasn't until children from back then grew up and got nostalgic for their old comics/toys/etc and started to seek them out that those things became valuable.

Now, anything and everything is seen as 'collectible' and people will hoard TONS of items, in the hopes of striking it rich. But, too many folks hold on for too long and the bubble bursts and the interest in that 'collectible' dies off, leaving speculators with a pile of stuff that is no longer even worth what they paid for it.

So, basically...buy what you like...what gives you enjoyment and forget about 'collecting to make a fortune'. Odds are, it won't happen.

I bought a random sealed figure from BrickLink earlier this week, and it's arrived today. Very happy with the outcome, although I haven't started the army yet.