KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2010 Pictures and Rumors

They just need to make that set to shut everybody up! :hmpf::laugh:

Seriously though, that idea has been tossed around since RoTS came out. It would make a nice set and I would really like to see Lego do it at some point...

That was my vote, too. I just want a pre-zapping Palpatine that doesn't have pupils in his eyes. :laugh: The non-LUL Mace Windu, good Zabrak, and Iktochi headpiece would all be bonuses. Besides, I'd be curious to see how TLC fits flick-fire missiles into that set. :tongue:

I'd be curious to see how TLC fits flick-fire missiles into that set. :tongue:

Under Palpys chair :laugh:

I wonder what they will reveal at comic-con, Hopefully Palpys arrest :laugh:

Under Palpys chair :laugh:

I wonder what they will reveal at comic-con, Hopefully Palpys arrest :laugh:

No no, remember when he whips the lightsaber out of his sleeve?

"Flick the missile to launch Chancellor Palpatine's lightsaber out of his sleeve and into his hand, so he can defend the galaxy from mad, power-hungry Jedi!"

EDIT: Scarily, that's actually a possibility. *huh* They could launch the saber out of one of Palpy's statues, Wampa Cave-style. The 'saber was hidden in one of the statues anyways, in the 'real' SW Universe.

Edited by Brickdoctor

No no, remember when he whips the lightsaber out of his sleeve?

"Flick the missile to launch Chancellor Palpatine's lightsaber out of his sleeve and into his hand, so he can defend the galaxy from mad, power-hungry Jedi!"

EDIT: Scarily, that's actually a possibility. *huh* They could launch the saber out of one of Palpy's statues, Wampa Cave-style. The 'saber was hidden in one of the statues anyways, in the 'real' SW Universe.

Or maybe something to launch Palpatine himself... battle attack Palpatine! Kind of like the Jetpack Clone flipper-launcher thingy from the Tank Droid set.

Obviously, the set will include a large-scale Mace Windu with flick-firing hand for extra Samuel L. Jackson mid-pain acting. It will also include a special sound brick that makes the sound "Ahhh" when the hand is released.

In serious, though, I would love to see a Palpy's Arrest finally come out, if LEGO does it right. Doing it right would mean including five figures (if not Anakin), and a tolerably plush room. Of course, I can't exactly imagine how LEGO would pull it off. They wouldn't want the office to be too bear, but obviously it can't be too detailed either. But if they do make it, I'm sure they'll figure out a fine solution. It just has to come with all those Jedi!

I admit that I contributed to it, but I have a feeling that KimT is going to tell us to get back on track and away from all this speculation. (However, I would like to see a new RoTS Anakin with the PoP Dastan hair... :wub: )

As far as the flick-fires go, we should just get used to them because they aren't likely going anywhere anytime soon. It's cheap, albeit lazy, way to add some playability into pretty much any set. If you don't like them, its very easy to Mod them out.

Or maybe something to launch Palpatine himself... battle attack Palpatine! Kind of like the Jetpack Clone flipper-launcher thingy from the Tank Droid set.

A Windu-pult would make more sense.

"Launch Mace Windu through the breakable window to rid the galaxy of evil Jedi!"

Sort of like the Luke-apult from the Cloud City set.

I admit that I contributed to it, but I have a feeling that KimT is going to tell us to get back on track and away from all this speculation. (However, I would like to see a new RoTS Anakin with the PoP Dastan hair... :wub: )

Good point. I will attempt to restrain myself.

Back when Toys R Us had the poll for which set to do (Home One Mon Calamari Star Cruiser won) one of the options was Palpy's Arrest. They also had a option for Slave I (Although it might have just been Cloud City, I'm not sure).

Back when Toys R Us had the poll for which set to do (Home One Mon Calamari Star Cruiser won) one of the options was Palpy's Arrest. They also had a option for Slave I (Although it might have just been Cloud City, I'm not sure).

That´s from where we have the idea, because Slave One and Calamari Cruiser got released, it seems to be Palpatines turn. Especially when you consider that Palpis Arrest had significantly more votes than Slave One.

But again to Comic-Con: If I recall correctly, there were never sets that got shown off the first time at Comic-Con. Normally there would be some Give-Away/contest like with the metal 3POs and first 10 UCS Falcons or just a bunch of exclusive sets like Mini LAAT/C and AT-TE or the three figures display cases.

That would be really surprising.

That´s from where we have the idea, because Slave One and Calamari Cruiser got released, it seems to be Palpatines turn. Especially when you consider that Palpis Arrest had significantly more votes than Slave One.

But again to Comic-Con: If I recall correctly, there were never sets that got shown off the first time at Comic-Con. Normally there would be some Give-Away/contest like with the metal 3POs and first 10 UCS Falcons or just a bunch of exclusive sets like Mini LAAT/C and AT-TE or the three figures display cases.

Yeah, the SDCC set has always been a repackaging of previously released items. Other than collectors and resale, it's got very little value for most of us.

New sets available in the UK according the Brickset:

Clicky :sweet:

I also found Cad Bane's Speeder on Amazon, but I think it may be fake (*70).

Europeans always get them first. :angry:

I guess TLG makes up for it by giving us Americans all the good promos. :tongue:

(that is, other than the purchasable Chrome Vader and the polybag Chrome Stormie and the polybag White Boba and the Daily Mirror exclusives.... :cry_sad:)

Lucky :wink:

Oh and I know that the discussion about the shuttle is pretty much over but I just wanted to say that I think int looks amazing :wub:

Just grabbed a £99.99 ATAT from a UK toys r us, yey!

Well....pretty please.....review it for us 'TheBrickHitHouse' please ! :sweet:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I don't think lego would go the whole empire anniversary without releasing some kind of bespin set

think about this one a han solo torture set with a lando the new Boba and the new han solo bespin from the at-at set

also include the new vader print that would be a great toys exclusive and they can do a cloud car like the mon calarmi set and a caucasion bespin gaurd

I know my typing is bad so please forgive me

Edited by joelego

would love to do a review of new AT AT (as I seem to be among the first to get it). Trouble is my camera is bust...

Anyway, some thoughts

It is small next to the other two, vs 4483 you are tempted to use words like midi scale....

It's interior is just...empty, so much space for MOCing. Back section could easily fit a speeder or Veer's office and the middle could fit two layers of troops

This isn't a set Lego put their heart into! Have the back section open and the middle open all the way and u would have a much better set

That said it looks very good from the outside but want to hear a horror story? The head attaches in the SAME way as the 4483! disaster! Get some glue or else!

That said the head hasn't fallen off any of my AT AT's for a while, maybe I pushed those bricks together so hard they are now stuck...

Overall, it's my 4th ATAT and it's the most easy to play with - 4483 just falls to bits after all! Fig selection adds nothing - just the battlepack again! If you have £100 go get it, otherwise I wouldn't worry about missing out. Ultimately £100 would get you one of the older ATAT's anyway...

I'd give this an 8/10, it's a Lego ATAT after all and the construction techniques are clever

...and wasn't Tantive 4 £99.99 for 600 more bricks? Oh Lego...

Edited by TheBrickHitHouse

^Thanks for sharing you're thoughts on the set with us :thumbup:

I probably won't bother getting this.

It looks alright, But there are defiantly better sets out there this year so I'll pass :sadnew:

Thanks for the info 'TheBrickHitHouse' - 4 different AT-AT's eh ? wow, thats a collection ! :grin:

Maybe the extra space is so that speeder bikes etc., could be stored in this ?

Need to see pictures to make the final choice buy or not to buy when it becomes available in Oz.

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Thanks for the review, I'll be doing a lot more thinking before I decide on this set. Right now I'm leaning towards a 'no'.

The Arrest of Palpy has been fli-flopping a lot, and here's what Is possible coming.

Palpy's office/hall

Ani's speeder

Launching Palpy

Shattering window

launching saber

dual faced Palpy

Mace Windu

Kit Fisto

Saesee Tinn

Eeth Kith

Ani.