KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2010 Pictures and Rumors

I wasn't really interested in Cad Bane's speeder to begin with, but it does have some nice figs and that "Limited Edition" flag is always tempting for me. :tongue:

By the way, did anyone notice that the newer editions of the SW visual dictionary come with Luke with his new head (featured in the Wampa Cave, AT-AT and Landspeeder)?

I just bought mine yesterday and it came with Luke's new face. There was a barely noticable cut on his eye. I can post pictures if anyone wants them.

Do you mean an actual cut or a printing mark?

Cad Bane's Speeder looks nice, but is overpriced, imho. If the speeder itself was smaller, and the set was cheaper, I would consider getting it (some really nice minifigures ther), but as-is, it's an easy pass for me.

I believe he means a printed cut.

Sort of. It's actually just a tiny nick in the paint. Barely noticable. But has anyone recieved the new Luke head with their visual dictionary?

I understood that the 2nd printing of the SW Visual Dictionary had a different Luke head. I don't recall if he had pupils or what, but I remember it being different than the original one.

I will buy these new ones

Wampa = One of the greatest Lego figs if you ask me. :thumbup:

AT-AT = is this the same as the first release, but then in the correct color?

Bane set = if it is price between 30-40 Euro

Slave1 = never got a change to get it so I am a happy bunny. :tongue:

On the box of the Bane set stands: Special Edition = is this making it hard to get just like the Limited Edition Echo Base set? What does it mean? Special is how special? Lol.

Wampa and the Slave 1 set are also musthaves for me, since I don't own an older snowspeeder or Slave 1. When I started 3-4 weeks back with Star Wars Lego I managed to brick the Walking AT-AT, the old Y-wing (7658), Anakin's Y-wing and Darth Vaders Tie. The Stormtrooper battlepack and UCS MF 10179 are still waiting in their sealed packaging.

Which set I also will buy for sure is the new (UCS) 10212 Imp Shuttle, eventhough there aren't any pictures yet. Hell, what a nice way to start with all these Lego SW bricks! :thumbup:

...Doubting if I should buy the current 10198 Tantive IV... :sceptic:

Tantive IV has only been out for about 9 months, so my guess is that it's not going anywhere for a while.

I will buy these new ones

Wampa = One of the greatest Lego figs if you ask me. :thumbup:

AT-AT = is this the same as the first release, but then in the correct color?

Bane set = if it is price between 30-40 Euro

Slave1 = never got a change to get it so I am a happy bunny. :tongue:

On the box of the Bane set stands: Special Edition = is this making it hard to get just like the Limited Edition Echo Base set? What does it mean? Special is how special? Lol.

This is the 3rd or 4th time I've heard someone mention or ask about the new AT-AT being in the 'correct color' or something to that effect. I'm at a loss here, what am I missing? The color used in the original 4483 looks fine to me. Is it a grey/bley issue or something else?

There's only one grey in production and I highly doubt TLC will ever reintroduce the old greys :laugh:

There's only one grey in production and I highly doubt TLC will ever reintroduce the old greys :laugh:

:tongue: I hearitily agree.

Nice !

I did a better pic :

8128n.jpg

Of course, with time it is possible to make an even better picture. :)

Senate Commandos (and CAPTAIN) for the WIN! I agree it seems kind of odd they omitted Aurra Sing, but hopefully she's in the works :)

If you think about it, it's not that strange that Aurra isn't in it. She wasn't exactly in that particular scene, she was off on another building, sniping. Besides, we should be grateful for all the cool figs we do get

even though the set is still totally overpriced

But yeah, I really hope we'll get her at some point, maybe even in a cheaper set, with a speederbike or something. :sweet:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I think there's a VERY good chance we'll see Aurra around August next year.

If you look at the second wave of CW sets for this year they all come from episodes in late season 1/early season 2. Aurra appears in late season 2 and will be back for the early half of season 3 which puts her in the perfect timeframe for next year's range. Plus she's an important recurring villain now instead of a one off henchwoman which helps her cause even more than before. :sweet:

But yeah, I really hope we'll get her at some point, maybe even in a cheaper set, with a speederbike or something. :sweet:

I don't know about that, while I do want her in a small set it might turn out like Cad Bane's Speeder or the Swamp Speeder, taking something that would have been about $20, and saying it's special edition for $40+. :tongue:

You mixed up just with only. :tongue:

The speeder looks awful, I was hoping for something smaller, more inventive.

But the minifigs sure look good.

can't agree, I like my sets meaty. shaping looks good to me, nothing offends me about it. not a bad selection of parts, a smattering of dark blue.. I was actually very pleasantly surprised. the sets i'd call awful are things like: dooku's solar sailer (special edition :wink:), the sith interceptors. horrifying shaping, big gaps because they try to use the giant curved slopes for everything. I do love the minifigs, cad's growing on me fast despite my issues with the tube mold.

I don't know about that, while I do want her in a small set it might turn out like Cad Bane's Speeder or the Swamp Speeder, taking something that would have been about $20, and saying it's special edition for $40+. :tongue:

trudat on the swamp speeder. I wanted to get it to stock up on some of those telescope parts, get another hood and cape, but ouch, that price!

I would love to see her as well but like Indianajones I don't think it will be a cheap set. I really can't wait to get my hands on this speeder but that's mainly because I love the Senate Commandos.

I would love to see her as well but like Indianajones I don't think it will be a cheap set.

Knowing LEGO, they'll prbably plop her in the most expensive set possible.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but I thought I'd point out that the 8128 speeder set will be the first time we've seen the 61678 curved slopes in dark stone. I've been eagerly awaiting that particular part/color combination for my DPVs (see the first of my sig pics below) since October last year. :classic:

Edit: Oops, I see the same part is also available now on the 8095 set. I guess I should have been paying closer attention.

Edited by SpaceMonkey

I like the fact that TLG has added a specific character such as the Captain. I wish they'd do it more often, especially with clones, seeing as they only have Cody, Rex and Fox. I think I may leave the DSS and just have the speeder as an inconspicous civillian vehicle. Those senate commandos! :wub:

I like the fact that TLG has added a specific character such as the Captain. I wish they'd do it more often, especially with clones, seeing as they only have Cody, Rex and Fox. I think I may leave the DSS and just have the speeder as an inconspicous civillian vehicle. Those senate commandos! :wub:

It's not neccesarily spefic- they don't call him Jayfron, so he could 'realistically' be any captain.

I was thinking about that too. I was also kinda hoping for a Captain Argyus. That guy rocks :devil: (mainly because he's voiced my James Marsters, but whatever :grin: )

Ah well, it would still be cool to at least have a Senate Commando Captain :sweet:

Regards,

CF W

I was thinking about that too. I was also kinda hoping for a Captain Argyus. That guy rocks :devil: (mainly because he's voiced my James Marsters, but whatever :grin: )

Ah well, it would still be cool to at least have a Senate Commando Captain :sweet:

Regards,

CF W

Argyus was sweet though, a very nice charecter. I like the discussion between him and Gree, for some reason.