KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2010 Pictures and Rumors

That Aayla Secura is horrible. At least they made the lekku into a separate headpiece which is nice.

-Omi

Cheers for the pics guys.

Good to see the new minifigs a little better, though there appears to be some printing missing on Aayla's headband. I'm sure that'll come. Cad looks ace and I'm glad there's a commando batle droid there. Hopefully we'll see many more of these guys included in sets - 2 in the upcoming Cad Bane's speeder maybe? How sweet that would be! Very keen to see the new Grievous, Boba and Bossk...

Looks like someone took a hammer to the turbo tank, though it's fairly obvious what it'll look like from what we've seen already. The other sets look great - as they've done fromt the prelim pics - 'cept Plo Koons starfighter still should be dark blue and LEGO could've used a little more white in the Wampa Cave. Easy MOD there though. :wink:

Thanks for sharing these pics.

Emperors Shuttle- This set looks excellent. The burnt Vader and The Emperor are great minifigures. The design of the shuttle is really well done and the cockpit is very well designed using the slope pieces. The medical droid looks really good.

Greivous' Starfighter- This looks really good and the cockpit actually doesn't look to bad. The wings are much better and the minifigures and table are great. However, the medical droid is a bit dissapointing and it is a real pity about no pics of the general.

The Clone Turbo Tank is much better than the original. I like the way the the wheels are made with dishes and the interior looks good. Aayla secura is a average but could be much better. The interior look great.

OMG, this is going to get expensive. I must have the Wampa Cave set, the new Slave 1, Grevious' ship, that imperial shuttle, adn maybe the tank.

I love the wampa, and the new grevious looks pretty cool.

Thank you for the pictures!!

Ooops! I can't find the page you're looking for

You were incorrectly referred to this page by: www.eurobricks.com

Kim already had the pics up.

Oh you're right, well at least you can see it here, right? I wonder why the link doesn't work... must be some protection on the blog or link error.

I don't think Grievous' starfighter cockpit is any different to the earlier prelim pics; if you look closely you can see that the built model's cockpit is mounted incorrectly. The prelim pic on the box is the same as we'd seen earlier but clearer (I think).

It still looks odd to me - the 'real' one should be more rounded. Link

I wouldn't be surprised if the final set has stickers to make the cockpit look closer to the real thing.

Look carefully, there are 5 viewports as apposed to three, and the cockpit is raised lower... it's a different mold, I have no doubt. Just look one more time...

The General Grievous Starfighter looks pretty cool, and it's a shame we didn't see the Slave 1.

Guy's that's not a commando battle droid! :laugh:

It's the medical droid for Palpatine's shuttle. They just put it by the Turbo Tank. :wink:

Oh... that makes sense. :blush: It definitely looks more like a Commando Droid to me!

I wonder why Anakin has his helmet on in the shuttle. Perhaps since it will be under the clone wars brand they want to change/hide his face so little kids who just like the TV series won't see their hero scarred up and melting with the supreme lord of evil? :devil:

It could just be the angle, or a broken part, but Aayla Secura appears to be holding a new gun - similar to the old style but without a sight on top...

And yes that 'commando droid' looks more like a 2-1b medical droid to me. But, this is LEGO - use your imagination :)

Kaitan

Thank you so much for posting these !!

I really cant wait for the Wampa cave to come out, the Wampa is just so cute ! i can always do with an extra snow speeder to :tongue:

I'm a little disappointed at how the CTT is displayed, its always nice to show in the inside, but i would of loved to of seen the outside to. None the less it looks monstrous and cant wait to get that one !

Just waiting for pics of the Grevious now :classic:

That Aayla Secura is horrible. At least they made the lekku into a separate headpiece which is nice.

-Omi

Agreed, it'll be a shame if that's actually the version that's released.

Ohh...nice! I'm glad to see we got a better shot of the new Slave I, even just a box shot is fine with me. Bossk is looking nice, I'm hoping his head mold is a hard plastic. That new Boba Fett though...he just looks plain sexy from what I can see, and I'm not ashamed to say so. :wub: It's probably not even worth mentioning, as they are still preliminary designs, but I hope a few things get changed about Slave I. I think the smoky-colored windshield would look better, like in the last incarnation of the ship. I'm also not sure about the reddish-brown trim that lines the bottom. In the past versions, it has always been one color, I believe. Mixing it up with two colors doesn't look quite as good, personally. But anyway, they're still preliminary so no worries there, and it looks gorgeous regardless. Seeing as how I missed out on the last one, I can't wait for this one! :thumbup:

It could just be the angle, or a broken part, but Aayla Secura appears to be holding a new gun - similar to the old style but without a sight on top...

And yes that 'commando droid' looks more like a 2-1b medical droid to me. But, this is LEGO - use your imagination :)

Kaitan

It's wither that or just the angle on one of the short Clone Commander blasters. Though it might be new as those blasters always come in sets of two with Clone accessories! Though it also looks like a broken blaster. Who knows? :tongue:

Ohh...nice! I'm glad to see we got a better shot of the new Slave I, even just a box shot is fine with me. Bossk is looking nice, I'm hoping his head mold is a hard plastic. That new Boba Fett though...he just looks plain sexy from what I can see, and I'm not ashamed to say so. :wub: It's probably not even worth mentioning, as they are still preliminary designs, but I hope a few things get changed about Slave I. I think the smoky-colored windshield would look better, like in the last incarnation of the ship. I'm also not sure about the reddish-brown trim that lines the bottom. In the past versions, it has always been one color, I believe. Mixing it up with two colors doesn't look quite as good, personally. But anyway, they're still preliminary so no worries there, and it looks gorgeous regardless. Seeing as how I missed out on the last one, I can't wait for this one! :thumbup:

Sadly, I'd have to that you seem very... attracted to the Slave I. :grin: Kidding. Anyway, If there's a single set that has way too many conflicting colors it's the shuttle. It's just too much like the others, and way too weird of a color scheme for me. I think maybe if they cut down on the studs and made the colors more concentrated in areas on the outside it would look great. The real theta shuttle was just one shad of gray with white at the edges. The wings also look a bit delicate.

The shots look great. I'll be buying much more this summer than last for sure.

And they are doing the characters from Layer of Grievous! (Clone Wars Episode 10) Grievous with Nahdor Vebb and EV-A4-D. You can see that it comes with a repair table to mend Grievous, though Vebb is on the table in the picture.

I think it's great that they're taking the best episodes of season one and making sets out of them (starting with the Freecos this winter). It's like they're actually listening to fans :sweet:

Nahdor Vebb

10nahdar.jpg

EV-A4-D

10doc.jpg

That CTT is so detailed!!!! The guys at lego Canada still couldn't build it correctly :hmpf: . I still like Grevious's old ship better, It was more to scale but the new one does look quite good, I guess TLC read all our complaints and decided to make some changes, or not I can't tell. What is the scout trooper holding in his hand, I think its a blaster pointed directly at the camera but I might be wrong. And what is with the Slave 1 :wacko: Han has a smudge on his shirt and Boba's pants look green. Bossk looks pretty darn cool though, I hope Han has a double sided head, that would be cool, this might be the year of double sided lego heads :sweet: . The medical droid in grevious's ship is actually not bad, I kind of like the way he looks, that must've been the brick built droid I saw long ago.

p.s. that technic stud on Boba's gun is still there, I mean if your gonna put a technic stud on the gun at least make it the right colour. And I think Boba's cape is way to big, and the helmet looks a bit too square, But he is still my favourite and I stll love him, or more mixed feelings. :yoda:

Edited by sok117

Most things look stunning and my wallet is going to explode. :tongue: Aayla is...well she will be okay looking at the poster KimT posted a while ago. Is it me or does Anakin's face grey? That would be a dissapointment. :thumbdown: Can someone tell me what picture the Scout Trooper is in? I can't seems to find him. BTW, why in the world would Aayla's hands be grey? That is just embarassing. XD

Edited by Jar Jar

Most things look stunning and my wallet is going to explode. :tongue: Aayla is...well she will be okay looking at the poster KimT posted a while ago. Is it me or does Anakin's face grey? That would be a dissapointment. :thumbdown: Can someone tell me what picture the Scout Trooper is in? I can't seems to find him. BTW, why in the world would Aayla's hands be grey? That is just embarassing. XD

you have to go to the CTV website and read the guys blog, its in the pic of the tie defender

Nice pictures ! The snowspeeder is nothing too special, but I like the cave and wampa. CTT is awesome :thumbup: The Candian toy fair has pictures much better than the uk one.

Not impressed by the Aayla Secura, no problem with it being a CW minifig, but the head just looks off. The fact it doesn't match the version we saw in the last pictures with the brown head band though means it may still just be a prototype.

Everything else looks really great though. A little disappointed we haven't seen Greivous.

Yay, clear preliminary pictures! :sweet:

I don't have much to comment on the Clone Turbo Tank, Slave I, Plo Koon's Starfighter, and Hoth Wampa Cave, but the CTT looks a bit colorful on the inside and Boba Fett and Bossk both look spectacular!

General Grievous' Starfighter looks very large with 454 pieces! I love the look of Nahdar Vebb, but will wait for closer pics of Grievous before commenting on him. I'm not so sure about EV-A4-D, though. It looks like he has a new torso piece that has a "neck pole", but he looks pretty inaccurate. Also, if his face isn't printed, it would be horrible! :sceptic:

I like Darth Vader's torso print, it really makes it look like he was badly burned. :thumbup:

I don't really like the overall look of Palpatine's Shuttle though. The medical droid looks very cool, but the ship itself seems a bit colorful with the mix of white, both shades of bley, dark red, and dark tan.

Also, it's great to get piece counts on the boxes so we know the approximate price of each set. :sweet:

Now I really can't wait for even closer pics than these and videos showing the features of each set at the New York Toy Fair!

General Grievous' Starfighter looks very large with 454 pieces! I love the look of Nahdar Vebb, but will wait for closer pics of Grievous before commenting on him. I'm not so sure about EV-A4-D, though. It looks like he has a new torso piece that has a "neck pole", but he looks pretty inaccurate. Also, if his face isn't printed, it would be horrible! :sceptic:

Theat new piec is the same one as the Magna guards just turned around, and the face is a sticker, sorry.

I had no idea there was a Canadian Toy Fair! :tongue: It's too bad they didn't have a GG fig or Slave 1 there. The CTT looks better than I expected though :classic: I just love Palpatine's Shuttle, although the colours should be even instead of random spots of white.

Edited by prateek

Is that a commando droid I spy nearby the wheels? :wub:

I think it is! :cry_happy::wub:

Man the sets look Great! except for the med droid in GGs fighter! :sick: Come on Lego! you can do better then that!

Bane's hat is so wide! :wub:

Can't wait to get more pics!

CommanderFox