KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2010 Pictures and Rumors

I actually think the lego Wampa looks pretty good. It would have been difficult for lego to mould a lot of hair details. The Taun Taun horns looks really good in the charcoal black.

I hate when Lego bundles sets that don't really go together. A set with a Phase II Clone Trooper that isn't really CW and then 2 CW BP's that include Phase I Clone Troopers? Personally I am not a fan of that.

I don't even understand why the republic swamp speeder has a Phase II clone trooper when its a clone wars set. Its nice to get another different clone trooper, but it just doesn't seem to match the "clone wars". Oh well, at least the clone trooper is a bit different than the clone troopers battle pack in 2007.

I don't even understand why the republic swamp speeder has a Phase II clone trooper when its a clone wars set.

It's because it's NOT a clone wars set. Jeez, do we have to go over that again? Dot eyes + Phase 2 clones = PT. Sure, it's categorized as CW on S@H, but then again, the Millenium Falcon is too.

That is kind of a strange bundle, but if I wouldn't have bought the swamp speeder already, and if this superpack would be available here, I'd buy it. :classic:

Oh, and as for the wampa, face it people, it's final if it's already painted and put on a giant poster, just like Bane and Aayla are. :sceptic:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Well, I guess that's just the way it is then. However, can't we just listen to reason? Both the vehicle and the clone don't appear in the Clone Wars series, plus Barris doesn't quite look like she does in the cartoon, so how can this be CW? :sceptic:

Oh well, this is getting off topic, so I'll stop.

We could continue that discussion in the "Clone Wars or ROTS?"-topic.

And you're right, let's get this back on topic.

The new 3in1 looks good to me.

I couldn't really care less wether the sets are from the same episode :laugh:

Getting 2 BP's and the Swamp Speeder at the same time and at a discout sunds fine by me.

Plus as a collector this is definately a must have - it'll fit fine with the 3in1 from last year that I've got MISB.

Hi,

I bought two of these new 3 in 1 sets yesterday and wanted to upload the pics right now. But.... I am too late...(-;

Nice Set.

They also had the new landspeeder in stock. The building was ...sooo... boring. In each step you only have to add one to two new parts...

greetings Hendrik

The combi-pack has been avaible here in Belgium through Colruyt stores. (saw it in the catalogue this week)

Yet, unless the speeder costs more than € 40, the pack isn't much of a discount...

TT

This is not the shaggy monster we see in Ep. V. This looks more like a big poofy dog. :sceptic:

I think that the Wampa is cute. :look:

I see what you mean, it really doesn't look like the one in the movies, but who knows. Maybe It'll change. If it doesn't, I can live with that version. It's certainly better than using a Yeti.

Hey All,

Has anyone seen or got a high-resolution picture of the new Grievous? I've been looking for that, but couldn't find anything except the blurry prelim pics, which weren't really clear. And I was also wondering if the new Grievous is better then the old one, which was quite a dissapointment for me.

So, has anyone anything?

Well, there are no other pics, but you can already tell that he's better than the old one because he is printed and seems to have bent legs. :thumbup: The shape of his body and head seem to be more accurate too. I'm crossing my fingers for separately poseable legs.

As soon as I get the new Grievous, I'll use the old one as one of those statues he has all over his lair. :tongue:

The 3 in 1 pack is quite nice, especially as you pay 10 euro less than the sets separated from eachother.

I hope this set will come in shops in the Netherlands.

The new grievous looks good from some prelim box art. But like others, theres no high resolution images of grievous yet.

The 3 in 1 pack is quite nice, especially as you pay 10 euro less than the sets separated from eachother.

I hope this set will come in shops in the Netherlands.

I think it will be available considering the superpack for vader fighter was availalbe there too.

I would assume that these are as final as they're going to get. It takes a long time to get a finalized mold, and then starting production also takes a long time.

To be honest, I usually give sets the benefit of the doubt. However, I'm not a fan of the Wampa for a few reasons:

250px-wampa.jpg

wampa.jpg

This is not the shaggy monster we see in Ep. V. This looks more like a big poofy dog. :sceptic:

Looks pretty close to me. At least it's not the old prelim teddy bear.

I know most of you people have seen this before, but I actually think this will be the new grievous (maybe it will have a different head?)

The legs and arms seem 'bendable' in the middle, so maybe that's why it seems curved in the prelim picture of Grievous' Starfighter. (Just a thought.) :vader:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ILikePi/...al-grievous.jpg

Edited by Cloney

Interesting mmove addign those battle packs to the speeder. I wonder if they did this becasue the droid battlepack was selling poorly? I think it's kind of a weird move since the battlepacks have been out for so long, oh well, I already have both so I won't be looking for this 3 deal.

Am I the only one excited with Plo Koon's Starfighter, the Blade of Dorin?

I do hope the prelim's image a prelim image, though a orange or yellow lightsaber for Plo Koon would be cool, but green is just... Horrendous. Please stick to blue, Lego.

I know most of you people have seen this before, but I actually think this will be the new grievous (maybe it will have a different head?)

The legs and arms seem 'bendable' in the middle, so maybe that's why it seems curved in the prelim picture of Grievous' Starfighter. (Just a thought.) :vader:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ILikePi/...al-grievous.jpg

The "Quest for R2" Grievous is the same old figure from 7656 and 7255, just with printings at his knees, elbows and eyes.

From what I see the new Grievous will be a completely new figure with all-new parts.

Am I the only one excited with Plo Koon's Starfighter, the Blade of Dorin?

I'm excited for it, but only because it's a good parts pack for making an Azure Angel. :grin:

The "Quest for R2" Grievous is the same old figure from 7656 and 7255, just with printings at his knees, elbows and eyes.

From what I see the new Grievous will be a completely new figure with all-new parts.

I Think he has Balls for his arm sockets, so they can go 360!

I'm sorry for getting my inner nerd but here I go.

The one in the link IS a completely new figure. He has printing sure but his arms are connected with ball joints.

But ball joints wouldn't work with the current droid arms. They would fall right off if you moved them. So unless we get a new/improved version of the droid arms, this is not what we're getting. In fact, I'm pretty sure the Grievous we're getting as a completely different one, and the one in the link is just a modified CG version of the old one purely made for the cartoon. But I could be wrong.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

But ball joints wouldn't work with the current droid arms. They would fall right off if you moved them. So unless we get a new/improved version of the droid arms, this is not what we're getting. In fact, I'm pretty sure the Grievous we're getting as a completely different one, and the one in the link is just a modified CG version of the old one purely made for the cartoon. But I could be wrong.

Well they could work... just not well. :tongue:

I'm really not expecting much from this new Grevious. Tan and Black, lots of that although I think white is more accurate, and some cartoony printing on his helmet. Possibly separate legs. Of course new parts for everything, but not too large a step from the old one.

I just want the new Grievous to look like the old one but be more posable with new arm joints and legs. I think his old head piece is pretty good and I dont really mind if they redo that but I dont see why they have to.