KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2010 Pictures and Rumors

Fair point. I was all ready to quote the 8129 AT-AT as proof that the 10212 figures will be from a different set; but as far as I know 8129 is still only a rumour. However, I'd be surprised if the 'Shuttle Pilot' figure didn't come with a shuttle!

If the Endor AT-AT comes with some form of landing pad, as seen in ROTJ, it wouldn't be too farfetched to include a shuttle pilot as well. I'm sure there would be a couple floating round. :grin:

Don't mix up things, guys.

The AT-AT and the 10212 are two completely different sets: the AT-AT will be a regular sold summer release (supposably like last year's RSD) and the 10212 will be an Exclusive (I can well imagine being released early this year because of the low last digit). Apart from that the minifigs shown on that poster do really not make sense in an AT-AT set.

Since there has always been minimum one non-UCS OT set with a 10xxx number in the last years (please correct me if I'm wrong) I would be very surprised if we don't get one this year, too. And with Hoth Luke and a new Snowspeeder being already included in the Hoth Wampa Cave I do really doubt that we'll see a Hoth base this year. And Cloud City is kept for 2011. A Jabba's Palace this years sound really unsupposably to me and vehicles (like the MF) we already get enough this year. So what is left?

There has already been a set with an Imperial Shuttle and some additional minifigs and additional stuff - the Imperial Inspection - and there has already been a set with a large landing platform and some small rooms - the Cloud City set and there has been a set with an A-Wing and a landing platform - the Mon Calamari Star Cruiser. So why shouldn't TLG release a set which combines shuttle and landing platform?!

Plus - like already mentioned - the Imp. Officer and Endor Luke make really not much sense in an UCS Imp. Shuttle.

If you ask me, an UCS Imperial Shuttle would be much more fitting if it included Emperor Palpatine and two Imperial Guards. Darth Vader, an Imp. Officer and Endor Luke would be not that an representative choice (that would be like if TLG included General Calrissian and injured Luke in the MF).

All these arguments speak for a non-UCS set.

But of course I can be wrong though.

Klaus-Dieter

What do you mean 'mention brain tails'?

Fine by me! Arealight's customs are great! :grin:

Normally, I'd have expected you to say something along the lines of:

Lekku, commonly known as "brain tails" are an alien feature commonly found on the species of Twi'Lek such as the race of rutian. They are also present on the species of Togruta. Lekku do not serve the same function on Twi'Lek as they do on Togruta. Orn Free Taa, Twi'Lek senator has four Lekku.

:grin:

I don't think Lego has the same standards as customizers. There priorities are to make as few new molds as possible with as much accuracy as possible... without using new molds.

Don't mix up things, guys.

The AT-AT and the 10212 are two completely different sets: the AT-AT will be a regular sold summer release (supposably like last year's RSD) and the 10212 will be an Exclusive (I can well imagine being released early this year because of the low last digit). Apart from that the minifigs shown on that poster do really not make sense in an AT-AT set.

Since there has always been minimum one non-UCS OT set with a 10xxx number in the last years (please correct me if I'm wrong) I would be very surprised if we don't get one this year, too. And with Hoth Luke and a new Snowspeeder being already included in the Hoth Wampa Cave I do really doubt that we'll see a Hoth base this year. And Cloud City is kept for 2011. A Jabba's Palace this years sound really unsupposably to me and vehicles (like the MF) we already get enough this year. So what is left?

There has already been a set with an Imperial Shuttle and some additional minifigs and additional stuff - the Imperial Inspection - and there has already been a set with a large landing platform and some small rooms - the Cloud City set and there has been a set with an A-Wing and a landing platform - the Mon Calamari Star Cruiser. So why shouldn't TLG release a set which combines shuttle and landing platform?!

Plus - like already mentioned - the Imp. Officer and Endor Luke make really not much sense in an UCS Imp. Shuttle.

If you ask me, an UCS Imperial Shuttle would be much more fitting if it included Emperor Palpatine and two Imperial Guards. Darth Vader, an Imp. Officer and Endor Luke would be not that an representative choice (that would be like if TLG included General Calrissian and injured Luke in the MF).

All these arguments speak for a non-UCS set.

But of course I can be wrong though.

Klaus-Dieter

I do agree with you. I forgot we already had a defined set number for the AT-AT, but if not it could well be anything. We don't have any proof of what 10212 is besides the minifugres. I'd still go forth and say It could well be an Endor landing pad. If Lego's trying to get as many LSW sets as possible in before 2011.

Don't get me wrong people, I hope Aayla will get the best possible headdress (I'm an SW minifig collector), I just think it's going to be simpler then the custom minifig shown.

I also hope they won't use rubber like on Plo Koon and Kit Fisto. I have the feeling this will degrade in a bad way over the years. Other figs got normal heads with added headdress in plastic which works fine (Ahsoka was mentioned but Bib Fortuna was great too) and means you can combine the two (or maybe three in this case?) elements in another way. And that brings new opportunities.

Edited by DashIngG

I really think that we will get the Endor Landing Pad with the Imperial Shuttle. This would be awesome twofold: 1) It adds a little variety to the previous Imperial Shuttles we've received; 2) It builds another crucial scene in for Endor sets.

I would LOVE to expand the Endor Bunker with a Landing Pad, especially if we're getting the Endor AT-AT later this year! The Landing Platform could have removable turrets for attacking the AT-AT with, as seen in the video games!

Ahsoka was mentioned but Bib Fortuna was great too

Oh yeah. I used Bib's headress for a couple of things over the years.

I really think that we will get the Endor Landing Pad with the Imperial Shuttle. This would be awesome twofold: 1) It adds a little variety to the previous Imperial Shuttles we've received; 2) It builds another crucial scene in for Endor sets.

I would LOVE to expand the Endor Bunker with a Landing Pad, especially if we're getting the Endor AT-AT later this year! The Landing Platform could have removable turrets for attacking the AT-AT with, as seen in the video games!

As much as I would love this too, it doesn't seem likely with the high proce tag of the Bunker, it's not really like TLG to release a set so closely related at another high price tag.

As much as I would love this too, it doesn't seem likely with the high proce tag of the Bunker, it's not really like TLG to release a set so closely related at another high price tag.

It will be an Exclusive - so why not?

And an UCS Imp. Shuttle surely wouldn't be less than 100 Euros/Dollars, too.

Klaus-Dieter

It will be an Exclusive - so why not?

And an UCS Imp. Shuttle surely wouldn't be less than 100 Euros/Dollars, too.

I agree here; if something is exclusive, it might as well be worth being exclusive. No point in making a small little set if there's a good opportunity at hand.

Need i remind you Big Cam that we've had two expensive exclusives in one year as well. (AT-OT/Dropship, and Tantive IV) :wink:

Ya we're getting more and more of these UCS sets lateley. They are very pricey too..

Today I brought the new sets and I must say the ones I have built are really impressive!

The two battle packs go really well together. I love the ice cutter looks so cool and the new minifig pieces are awesome. I dont know why lego decided to put a light grey helmet on the imperial officer but I guess its a nice change. Luke's Land speeder is really nice and bigger than I expected. It was a pretty easy build and I think that the amount of detail is spot on.

Today I brought the new sets and I must say the ones I have built are really impressive!

The two battle packs go really well together. I love the ice cutter looks so cool and the new minifig pieces are awesome. I dont know why lego decided to put a light grey helmet on the imperial officer but I guess its a nice change. Luke's Land speeder is really nice and bigger than I expected. It was a pretty easy build and I think that the amount of detail is spot on.

Thanks for calling the Ice Cutter by it's proper name. :wink:

I don't really mind the light helmet on the Imp, after a while of having two of them, it's sort of grown on me, but I wish they would have added the old polarized visor. I guess they didn't for cost though. Then again, they did add the orange visor to Zev...

I know I'm late on this but that Barriss fig looks great, I'll definetaly be getting that ugly swamp speeder just for the JEDI.

Need i remind you Big Cam that we've had two expensive exclusives in one year as well. (AT-OT/Dropship, and Tantive IV) :wink:

You don't need to say it like that but you certainly can bring it to my attention. I know this has happened I was just voiceing my opinion that it isn't real likely IMO.

Hey guys, I got the Swamp Speeder a yesterday from LEGO S@H. I think it's kinda strange the box is so big when there is only a few bags to open. :hmpf_bad: It's a great set after all! :thumbup: Barriss is actually the only reason I bought it. :tongue:

Edited by Jar Jar

Hey guys, I got the Swamp Speeder a yesterday from LEGO S@H. I think it's kinda strange the box is so big when there is only a few bags to open. :hmpf_bad: It's a great set after all! :thumbup: Barriss is actually the only reason I bought it. :tongue:

They can sell it at a higher cost even though retailers will not like it cause most of their boxes is empty space. Same price as wookie attack yet now we only get swamp speeder minus wookie flier and spider droid..

I'm not sure if box size relly correlated to piece count becasue if that was the case, you could fot a star destroyer in a box less than half the size. I think they bigger the box, the more LEGO wants people to notice it.

With the newer sets I'm noticeing the boxes getting bigger for lesser parts.

I think the 2010 sets will prove to come in bigger and bigger boxes.

I'm not sure if box size relly correlated to piece count becasue if that was the case, you could fot a star destroyer in a box less than half the size. I think they bigger the box, the more LEGO wants people to notice it.

I tottally agree with you on that. I think somewhere over here made a review on echo base and was mentioning the box size where all the pieces only took up 1/3 the box. In otherwords, that set can be put into a battle pack box. Of course, they can't retail it at $25 then.

It's like a lot of products that you buy these days though.

They never fill-up a cereal box, a bag of crisps etc. It's a bit of a con though and the Mums and Dads buying toys for their kids will be sucked in by the size of the box. It's also a waste of cardboard and plastic quite frankly, quite shameful.

I tottally agree with you on that. I think somewhere over here made a review on echo base and was mentioning the box size where all the pieces only took up 1/3 the box. In otherwords, that set can be put into a battle pack box. Of course, they can't retail it at $25 then.

Pictures below from Jansueds review:

12429861643_DISPLAY.jpg

12429861644_DISPLAY.jpg

Anyway I agree this is pathetic of them and I own this set and although the figures are nice it would maybe be better to get them off bricklink depending on the prices.

While I agree that the boxes are getting slightly ridiculous, it does make some sense. Lego is a premium product, and needs shelf space and an attractive frontage for store shelves. Plus it stops the pieces getting damaged, and having even worse instruction books/sticker sheets. If they could be a bit smaller, it would help, but I see why they do it.

Anyway, this doesn't really have anything to do with what sets are coming out this year, so to mini-mod, in the words of our immortal leader:

"Stay on Target!"

Anyway I agree this is pathetic of them and I own this set and although the figures are nice it would maybe be better to get them off bricklink depending on the prices.

Thanks for the pictures. Thats exactly what i was refering to. I was a bit wrong too. The box is not even 1/3 maybe 1/6 and is even smaller than the battle pack boxes. This is starting to get into the pricing/availability thread.

Anyways.. Back on topic, I hope the mini republic shuttles & x wing will be available in Canada. Zellers here only get's target limited edition sets but never their mini sets.

The arc 170 was pretty tightly packed for lego's standards when I opened it. The box is quite skinny and the bags took up about 2/3 of the box.

On-topic: The arc is really cool. I didnt know how big it was until I built it! The droid is really great, the green and silver go really well together. The pilots look really great and I love their helmets. The faces go great with them. I did how ever notice that the two front stickers are the same and they arent the same when you put it on because one is the other way round.

The freeco speeder is pretty good. I had trouble putting anakin into the cockpit though. The Talz is really great and the painting is amazing. The speeder is pretty good. Its smaller than I thought it would be. Its weird that they have the skids backwards.

On-topic: The arc is really cool. I didnt know how big it was until I built it! The droid is really great, the green and silver go really well together. The pilots look really great and I love their helmets. The faces go great with them. I did how ever notice that the two front stickers are the same and they arent the same when you put it on because one is the other way round.

The freeco speeder is pretty good. I had trouble putting anakin into the cockpit though. The Talz is really great and the painting is amazing. The speeder is pretty good. Its smaller than I thought it would be. Its weird that they have the skids backwards.

I'm really looking forward for the arc as I too think its a good set even though piece count is low. I would perhaps prefer 2 of the same pilots rather than different ones though. Will now wait patiently for a sale for these sets as they are quite expensive here in Canada :hmpf: ....

Lekku. :wink:

I disagree. I think Kit's head was smooth and undisturbed by bumps or headgear, and LEGO captured that perfectly with a single, rubbery mould.

Aayla has headgear right round her head, which would make it easier for LEGO to make the headpiece separate from a normal head.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see which option they go for. :classic:

Yeah Lekku no tentacles- and i also think it is bets that she will have an normal minifighead with separate- Lekku/headgear piece :sadnew: