Sign in to follow this  
The Legonater

Choking Not Just for Toddlers

The other day I nearly inhaled a LEGO piece, and had to cough it up. Same thing happened a month or so earlier. Has anyone done this? Or is it just my own clumsyness?

The other day I nearly inhaled a LEGO piece, and had to cough it up. Same thing happened a month or so earlier. Has anyone done this? Or is it just my own clumsyness?

Well...You have to explain to us...Why was it in your mouth in the first place?! :laugh:

I'm going to have to go with a solid 'no' on the eating the LEGO pieces. I'm pretty sure I've dropped them, stepped on them, tripped on them and done many other things but nothing of the sort that you're describing.

I`ve almost choked on a Lego piece. It was when I was very little. I was trying to get a stud off of a plate with my teeth(what was I thinking :wacko: ?), and I suddenly inhaled when the stud came loose; and I almost swallowed it. I had to carefully cough it back up without breathing it down, and believe me, that was a very scary and painful part of my life. :oh3: That was a long time ago, recently nothing like that has happend to me (thankfully :cry_happy: ).

-

General Redwater

Edited by General Redwater

Umm....No?

Masked Out

Well...You have to explain to us...Why was it in your mouth in the first place?! :laugh:

I believe I wasa trying to remove it from another piece, with my teeth. Then I heard a funny joke, laughed... and inhaled it. Don't remember what happened the first time.

I believe I wasa trying to remove it from another piece, with my teeth. Then I heard a funny joke, laughed... and inhaled it. Don't remember what happened the first time.

Ah, Yes, that has happened to me.

I hate when you can't get a solid piece of another, It's annoying when you have really short nails, You can't unhinge it at all.

630-0000-XX-12-1.jpg

Ok but that does not seperate, let's say, a flat 1x2 stacked on top of another one. Or technic pieces that just refuse to come apart. Or my personal favorite: the minifigure head from the minifigure. Darn them!

Ok but that does not seperate, let's say, a flat 1x2 stacked on top of another one. Or technic pieces that just refuse to come apart. Or my personal favorite: the minifigure head from the minifigure. Darn them!

Exsactly! Although the mingure I can usually do with my hands...

I have not. I don't use my teeth to take apart Lego. I try to grow my nails to the correct length to pry apart Lego without breaking a nail. I am not too happy when I chipped a nail on Lego. :cry_sad:

I am not too happy when I chipped a nail on Lego. :cry_sad:

:laugh: Whimp. (You know I'm only joking, right?)

You have trouble with the minifigs? Sometimes if I feel the heads are a little stiff going on, I just twist them around a little when I'm attaching them, which seems to do the trick.

For 1 x 2 plates, I usually put the stack on the separator, and then hold the bottom plate with one hand (pulling gently), and pulling on the brick separator with the other. That almost always makes it easier for me. :classic:

I'm always scared I'll chip a tooth if I use my teeth, or even worse, get tooth marks on my bricks! :grin:

I'm always scared I'll chip a tooth if I use my teeth, or even worse, get tooth marks on my bricks! :grin:

I usually do, but I don't care...

Never happened to me, and now for some reason the minifig heads aren't tight anymore. :wacko: (It must be because of years of use)

Oh no, here come the people who made the knives and blades bendy, run and hide! :tongue:

I inhaled a piece before. I was holding it in my mouth, and I breathed (bad decision :tongue: ) and it shot in my mouth. I never got the piece back...

Can I just say leggo my eggo, It's delicious!

Oh this is a lego subeject :tongue: Well I can truthfully say that even as a kid I have never choked on a lego piece. Now a Megablox piece on the other hand, those just want to kill you!

:laugh: Whimp. (You know I'm only joking, right?)

Or would that be choking. :tongue:

Ok but that does not seperate, let's say, a flat 1x2 stacked on top of another one.

If you have two brick separators this is no problem.

630-0000-XX-12-1.jpg

See those two studs on the top? Place the two plates on that, attach a second separator on the top and bingo! Separated! (Source: Jamie's video on the Creator website about brick separators)

I try to grow my nails to the correct length to pry apart Lego without breaking a nail. I am not too happy when I chipped a nail on Lego. :cry_sad:

As a classical guitarist, my nails are plenty long, but have a risk of breaking too. I broke at least three on one hand taking apart a Statue of Liberty Sculpture. :cry_sad:

It has never actually happened to me, no, but I do use my teeth a lot during building/dismantling and am always very afraid it might happen to me. :look: Thanks for making me even more paranoid. :tongue:

I nearly choked on a piece as a child. My parents tipped me upside down but I ended up swallowing it, you can work out where it went after that :devil:

As for 1x2 plates, the best technique i have found is to attach 1x4 or longer plates on top and bottom one overlapping each way then pushing in the middle. This will separate the 1x2s and then its a sinple task to separate the 1x4s from 1x2s. Its a lot safer than teeth.

I have been known to use a butter knife a lot as well, but it removes plastic shavings. :laugh: