Corvus

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: season 3 discussion

*Minor nitpicks ahead*

When someone is leaving on a secret mission, it's probably not the best idea to take off from the Jedi Temple in broad daylight. I'm sure someone would be watching the Temple, and I'm sure someone would notice a Seperatist shuttle taking off from it.

I'm not sure how they managed to land on that cliff side without being noticed immediately. I think they could do well with some basic radar tech.

Does anyone know what that balcony was for? Plot convenience? It didn't seem to lead anywhere.

The clone's guns are making squawky noises again...

Commando droids: The reason why all clones need vibroblades in their gauntlets. Because punching them just doesn't work.

These are all pretty minor complaints, nothing that's going to stop me from enjoying this episode. Every sci-fi story ever has had these minor problems. Hell, every action flick does this sort of thing. I like that we're back to the action-packed episodes, and I look forward to the rest of the arc.

I completely agree with everything you pointed out. There are always little things here and there that don't make sense when it comes to sci-fi stories. You know what? I just power through it because I enjoy watching them. What I can't stand though are major errors that don't make any sense.

So that's why LEGO is making a Wolfpack trooper with a jetpack; they're in the Chewbacca episode. Cool. Hopefully Wolfe will be an interesting Clone Commander.

Also probably the reason why they put Chewie into the advent calendar.

Also probably the reason why they put Chewie into the advent calendar.

Good observation :thumbup: I wonder if any of the other frigate figs will appear, Vos? Koth?

Unlikely. I mean, what do they have to do with this story? Maybe Plo Koon, considering these are his troops.

EDIT: Never mind. I forgot we're talking about the finale which has a different story, so I guess they could be in it, but I still don't think they will. Vos is just a left-over from the T6 Shuttle, and Koth might just be there because he's one of the only Jedi we don't have yet.

By the way, everyone is aware that we're not getting a new episode this week, right? Just making sure there wont be any bad surprises.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Yes. Chewie's appearance in this could be good for both OT and CW fans, but it could also mess with canon a bunch.Time will tell.

Clouded by the darkside the future is. :yoda:

The season finale is on April 1st. Knowing Lucas he is going to make all April fools. :tongue:

The season finale is on April 1st. Knowing Lucas he is going to make all April fools. :tongue:

I bet it will start with Jar Jar and Ahsoka dying, we all cheer, then George comes on and says 'APRIL FOOLS!'

And then we cry, forever thinking of what could've been! :laugh:

I bet it will start with Jar Jar and Ahsoka dying, we all cheer, then George comes on and says 'APRIL FOOLS!'

And then we cry, forever thinking of what could've been! :laugh:

Exactly what I mean't. :tongue: But that would be great if Asokah dies then Anakin turns to the dark side but not completley. :devil:

Exactly what I mean't. :tongue: But that would be great if Asokah dies then Anakin turns to the dark side but not completley. :devil:

Personally, I like Ahsoka. Besides that, the important-person-dies-and-Anakin-takes-revenge-theme was already used in EP 2.

Personally, I like Ahsoka. Besides that, the important-person-dies-and-Anakin-takes-revenge-theme was already used in EP 2.

True but George could make it happen. :laugh:

I thought the whole 3 episode's of "Mortis" was the early april fools. :tongue:

Me too.

Here is a preview clip of Counter Attack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5qcmHFliyk

Also the episode after this (The last in this trilogy) will be titled "Citadel Rescue"

As the above episode title its pretty obvious that at the end of "Counter Attack" the whole team is captured and then in "Ciadel Rescue" someone has to break them out (Saesee Tiin?) I say Tiin because we know he is going to be in some sort of space battle soon...

:cry_sad: There goes Echo...

Nice episode, lots of action, more dialogue between Anakin and Tarkin. At least the Republic (mostly) failed this time around. Or at least, a large setback.

Lucas you S.O.B. If you don't know why: He killed Echo! *oh2*:hmpf_bad::sing:

I agree. This is actually one of the first deaths that ticks me off. He died for nothing too. The Droid Commando shot the Shuttle and the Shuttle's debris flying killed the Commando. Also only Fives was even concerned at all. Cody and Rex did fight with them on the Rishi Moon and Rex did give Echo the blood hand print on his armour that he was still wearing when he died. Rex is the one who promoted both of them to 501st Arc Troopers too.

There were still all the Clone Officers left that could have taken Echo's place. Fives would have been better for me than Echo. Also the Clone that got chopped in half was a pretty gruesome though for a child. It wouldn't have been a clean lightsaber cut either. Then having the 212th Clone being shot execution style.

I agree. This is actually one of the first deaths that ticks me off. He died for nothing too. The Droid Commando shot the Shuttle and the Shuttle's debris flying killed the Commando. Also only Fives was even concerned at all. Cody and Rex did fight with them on the Rishi Moon and Rex did give Echo the blood hand print on his armour that he was still wearing when he died. Rex is the one who promoted both of them to 501st Arc Troopers too.

There were still all the Clone Officers left that could have taken Echo's place. Fives would have been better for me than Echo. Also the Clone that got chopped in half was a pretty gruesome though for a child. It wouldn't have been a clean lightsaber cut either. Then having the 212th Clone being shot execution style.

Isn't that what we've been asking for? Echo's death sucks, but it's one of the only named character deaths in which I was actually upset. The writers are doing their job. :thumbup:

Yea, the clone getting chopped was pretty gruesome, but hey, they did in TPM, why not here? :laugh:

We've seen executions before. Season 2 finale, Skytop Station, that traitor Senate Commando...

A tragic charecter death? Sweet! Now I have to see this episode.

Seriously- good charcter deaths is the main thing this show is lacking. Rookies has always been my favorite episode, and the death of Hevy is just one reason why- it was incredibly well done. If they've managed to nail a good death once again, then TCW may be looking up.

A tragic charecter death? Sweet! Now I have to see this episode.

Seriously- good charcter deaths is the main thing this show is lacking. Rookies has always been my favorite episode, and the death of Hevy is just one reason why- it was incredibly well done. If they've managed to nail a good death once again, then TCW may be looking up.

It was pretty good, a massive explosion and foolish heroics. Similar to Hevy and 99.

Overall it was a nice Episode. It shows that there are casualties to known characters rather than only nameless clones. Echo's death seems fitting as the ARC Troopers should be heroic and take chances that regular clones do not. In the trailer for next week, it's asked, "In the final push to escape the Citadel, who will survive?" Let's hope the Republic suffers more casualties.

I'm mad! :angry: :angry: They killed echo!! It makes me so mad! With Hevy he sacrificed his life for the republic, and comrades. But Echo just made a stupid run at a shuttle, that got blown up. He just died in action. It makes me so furious :sing:

Commanderneyo, you read the guides and stuff, please tell me Echo will like have escaped down a hatch in the ground, dropped his helmet, and will appear again with some type of minigun and jump in to mow down commando droids. Please tell me that's what happens...please.

That was a good episode though, I'm hoping we see Fives go on to be a Clone Marshall commander-the highest ranking commander, like Bacara. This would make, as Marshalls are generally picked from ARC troopers.

Edited by DobbyClone

pretty decent episode, id didn't feel as though much happened though, they're kinda in the same position they were before besides the fact that their escape is gone, but we already all knew that because the big fleet is coming. Pretty sad about echo, but it seemed fitting. Some pretty gruesome deaths too, can't wait for next weeks!