Corvus

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: season 3 discussion

MWe've already seen hundreds of unborn clones die. How bad can the poisoning of a couple of Mando kids be? :tongue:

My thoughts exactly. :grin:

Yeah, the OT was the best for one-liners. Filoni and his team should really try harder for their humur, it's really lame.

Personally, I'd like to see a good 'in the asteroid belt' kinda battle.

But no space slugs. Because then CW would just ruin another magical part of ESB.

But no space slugs. Because then CW would just ruin another magical part of ESB.

I'm not sure you could ruin a space slug. Maybe...

-They're suddenly sentient and order Chinese after missing the ship

-They can fly using hyperdrives from the ships they've eaten

-They also come in purple, lime green, and orange

Hey, just throwing out ideas here. :wacko:

Then again, the animators did a great job with the Dejarik table...

Then again, the animators did a great job with the Dejarik table...

That they did. I really liked the jerky movements of the pieces, homage to the Stop-motion effects used in ANH. But that's a discussion for another topic.

Just saw the new episode.

It was one of the better political episodes, but still isn't as good as Spher of Influence. The ending battle was great. We saw Satine get severely ticked off, even at her own people, which was funny.

I liked this episode a lot, way better then last week's episode. The pacing and the story was really solid for me which is why I liked it better then "Sphere of Influence". This was probably one of the best political episodes this season so far, so good job Filoni! I don't understand why so many people are upset by the way the Clone Wars portrays the Mandos? All the Mandolorian episodes have been pretty decent.

Just saw the episode and it was okay but not a landing at point rein....

The smugglers ship was just weird :tongue:

BTW the next episode is called the academy and it has asoka in it :classic:

I think the academy was hinted at in this episode, they said something close to the end about an undercover jedi in an academy, and that Padme would tak to yoda about it. I liked this episode, did anyone else get an eguptian vibe from the smugglers?

I think the academy was hinted at in this episode, they said something close to the end about an undercover jedi in an academy, and that Padme would tak to yoda about it. I liked this episode, did anyone else get an eguptian vibe from the smugglers?

Yea when I first saw them I was like "egyptians in the clone wars,Really?"

BTW why does every kid in mandalore drink tea from the exact same vendor... :wacko::laugh:

I'm not sure you could ruin a space slug. Maybe...

-They're suddenly sentient and order Chinese after missing the ship

-They can fly using hyperdrives from the ships they've eaten

-They also come in purple, lime green, and orange

I recognise the first one from Robot Chicken, but where did you get the other two come from? :wacko:

I recognise the first one from Robot Chicken, but where did you get the other two come from? :wacko:

I think he's just being ridiculous.

He made them up.

I normally defend the show, but after watching the recent episode I'm tempted to say: "worst episode ever".

But I do think there was a lot of good animation and background details that put it just above some of the earlier episodes.

Also seemed they tried to somewhat appease the EU fans who were upset about the change to the Mandaloreans. The planet isn't quite the utopia we were lead to believe and Satine herself even showed signs of being a pretty nasty person underneath. I liked that they fleshed her character out a bit and didn't just go the easy route by having her interacting with Obi-wan or Death Watch again.

I normally defend the show, but after watching the recent episode I'm tempted to say: "worst episode ever".

But I do think there was a lot of good animation and background details that put it just above some of the earlier episodes.

Also seemed they tried to somewhat appease the EU fans who were upset about the change to the Mandaloreans. The planet isn't quite the utopia we were lead to believe and Satine herself even showed signs of being a pretty nasty person underneath. I liked that they fleshed her character out a bit and didn't just go the easy route by having her interacting with Obi-wan or Death Watch again.

Why didn't you like it? Everything you said were postitive. I personally thought this episode wasn't the greatest but it's far from being the worst

*cough* Senate Murders *cough* Malevolence trilogy *cough* Senate Spy *cough, cough* :laugh::blush:

I saw the Corruption episode today. It was better than I expected. One of the better political episodes. One thing that bothered me is that the smugglers don't talk enough. This applies to a lot of the random baddies in this show, and not just the green guys in this one.

I agree, one of the better political ones. My favorite part was that the characters were all fairly believable. I think my favorite guy was Mr. Sadik, the middleman. I loved his accent... anyone know which British accent that was? His job, his accent, and his attitude reminded me of Badger from Firefly. :grin:

The Mandalorian architecture is confusing me. I keep seeing Mandalorian chestplates everywhere, only to discover that it's a chair or something. :wacko:

The man who voices the clones needs to either disguise his voice more or play other people less. The superintendent and the lizard leader were both played by him, and I keep thinking it's a clone talking.

Some of the voices seem too computerized. I'm guessing that they're using a core of a few actors and digitizing their voices slightly so they sound different.

I really like Satine. She's the best female character in the show, IMO. Ahsoka is too hard-headed, and Padme...she's better in the show, but she's still not a very interesting character. She and Satine both seem to have the same rolls, but Padme just isn't very convincing. Satine cares intensely for her people, and she is very serious about making it happen. And, for a pacifist, she doesn't seem very intolerant of fighting. I mean, it's standard procedure for flamethrowers to be kept in police speeders- she even ordered them to burn the building! Strange move.... Because of this attitude, this gives me high hopes that Mandalore will revert to its old traditions. :grin:

EDIT: in other news, (SPOILERS)

Looks like Almec is a traitor. Go to this link, and you can see at the very, very end, Ahsoka slamming a group of police into him at 0.30.

EDIT: in other news, (SPOILERS)

Looks like Almec is a traitor. Go to this link, and you can see at the very, very end, Ahsoka slamming a group of police into him at 0.30.

Thanks for the trailer. The Episode looks okay

BTW the clone wars just loves cadets in this season don't they :laugh:

She and Satine both seem to have the same rolls

The subtle difference is that one has sesame seeds on it :grin:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I can recall all the Mandalorians in the episode are light haired. Why is it then, that Jango and (pretty much) all his clones are dark haired? Was he a freak of nature or is there racial segregation in the city or something?

Or do I just put it down to this being The Clone Wars...

The subtle difference is that one has sesame seeds on it :grin:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I can recall all the Mandalorians in the episode are light haired. Why is it then, that Jango and (pretty much) all his clones are dark haired? Was he a freak of nature or is there racial segregation in the city or something?

Or do I just put it down to this being The Clone Wars...

I'd put it down to The Clone Wars, yeah.

In the Traviss Mando 'verse, the Mandalorians are composed of lots of immigrants, or children 'adopted' if they impress the parents.

And of course, Jango was an orphan from Concord Dawn, and joined the True Mandalorians, so he's not exactly local, either.

Look, both versions of the Mando'as can work very easily. Part of the population left Mandalore and became nomadic keeping their traditions and beliefs. They passed it on and taught others of their ways. The other group, the larger of the two, stay on Mandalore and decide to try a less violent way of living. To me this gives this the Mandolorians much more depth as with every society, there are multiple political parties.

Deathwatch just refuses to believe that any Mandos would become pacifists, so they are trying to liberate their people.

Yeah, this episode was pretty meh. Better than the last one, but not much. You knew who was responsible for the incident, so you just spent the entire episode waiting for them to catch the bad guys. The final battle wasn't all that great either.

The next episode doesn't seem very good either. I hope I'm wrong because so far I've been quite underwhelmed with this season. I'm ready for the Ventress and Savage episodes now please.

why does every kid in mandalore drink tea from the exact same vendor... :wacko::laugh:

Good question! More importantly, why do Earthlings all drink the same beverage? :wacko::laugh:

Coca-Cola_logo5.jpg

So I take they have retconned a little, but not much?

What do you mean? Retconned what?

I wouldn't be surprised. Satine did stress that she thinks he's innocent a bit too much, not to mention all the weird reaction shots they've been showing of him, and it wouldn't be the first time that someone who Satine trusts turns out to be a traitor.

She has been betrayed at least three times now. You'd think she learned her lesson. :sceptic:

Good question! More importantly, why do Earthlings all drink the same beverage? default_wacko.gifdefault_laugh_new.gif

What do you mean? Retconned what?

Bah Coke, I'm more of a Pepsi fan myself default_blink.gif

I mean the whole Mando thing. They made Mandos a little darker. Have they gone from cube city to farmland yet, though?