CopMike

What minifigs are we missing - post your detailed suggestions here

Please don't understand this as a personal attack, BasOne, but I really wouldn't like TLG to release characters of a computer game or movie. So we'd go in the direction of licensed minifigs - and that's everything other than I want.

Nothing personal taken :tongue:

I'd love TLG to do movie characters, or Game characters....

Guybrush Threepwood (Monkey Island, Game)

T-800 (The Terminator, movie)

Ben Hur (Ben Hur, Movie)

Creature from the black lagoon (Creature from the black lagoon, movie)

Johnny 5 (Short Circuit, movie)

Superman (Superman, movie)

Rick Deckard (Blade Runner, Movie)

Roy Batty (Blade Runner, Movie)

Shepard (Mass Effect, Game)

Henchmen (Dispicable Me, Movie)

Daniel Larusso & Mr Miyagi (Karate Kid, Movie (1984))

10.000sands more :P

Edited by BasOne

I'd love TLG to do movie characters, or Game characters....

I would love to see that. I even suggested that on one of their surveys.

I'm currently trying to make a collection of Street Fighter minifigs.

I would love for LEGO to create licensed minifigure collections for things like Street Fighter that are character based and do not really need sets. There are so many game and movie characters they could make. Hopefully the license fee wouldn't be too expensive. Considering the popularity of LEGO minifigs right now, it would be good advertising for any company to have their characters immortalized in minifigure format. Also, it would be a good way for LEGO to bring in new fans.

I would love for LEGO to create licensed minifigure collections for things like Street Fighter that are character based and do not really need sets. There are so many game and movie characters they could make. Hopefully the license fee wouldn't be too expensive. Considering the popularity of LEGO minifigs right now, it would be good advertising for any company to have their characters immortalized in minifigure format. Also, it would be a good way for LEGO to bring in new fans.

I'd also vote a healthy "No" to that one... it's one thing to embrace an entire brand, but creating figures that branch out in an entire maze of possibilities seems like a marketing nightmare. For every fan that would kill for a minifig line of Dr. Who characters, there's probably four others that will never touch them. Diversifying too much only breaks up the market, which usually leads to lower sales. The figures are a winner because they have such broad, almost universal appeal, regardless of whatever certain sub-genre category that each one might fall into...

Now, I wouldn't be surprised to see them release the four Lego Universe characters, just to cross-promote their own video game... but hopefully they'd do it independently of the 'Collectible Minifigures' series.

... Diversifying too much only breaks up the market, which usually leads to lower sales. ...

Which is why I like the idea of a super expanded build-a-minifigure (currently available at B&M LEGO Stores) online and promote it.

People could make their own basic characters for whatever they wanted, but there'd need to be a very large selection of parts, a lot more than they have available in the stores.

Right now the selection online is extremely limited and it's not easy enough to put together minifigures using it.. and they need to make it more generic - more plain torsos, for example.

Really... select a torso, select a head, select legs, select a single headgear, select a single accessory... add accessories for $0.xx each (capes, armor, etc.).

Add sticker sheets - city, pirates, castle, and any other unlicensed themes, for an extra fee - now you're really talking.

I'd also vote a healthy "No" to that one... it's one thing to embrace an entire brand, but creating figures that branch out in an entire maze of possibilities seems like a marketing nightmare. For every fan that would kill for a minifig line of Dr. Who characters, there's probably four others that will never touch them. Diversifying too much only breaks up the market, which usually leads to lower sales. The figures are a winner because they have such broad, almost universal appeal, regardless of whatever certain sub-genre category that each one might fall into...

Now, I wouldn't be surprised to see them release the four Lego Universe characters, just to cross-promote their own video game... but hopefully they'd do it independently of the 'Collectible Minifigures' series.

The same can be said about indiana jones or any other theme. Every theme isn't for everyone. Some LEGO fans don't even care for minifigures at all. I'm definately not saying they should change the collectable minifigure line. I'm suggesting this as something separate. Also, I would expect that if this ever happened that it wouldn't be a random mess of different licensed minifigures but more like waves of releases that are theme specific and would most likely correspond with a game or movie release/rerelease etc...

How's this for an idea...

I'd love LEGO to do a LU theme, i want an army of stromlings :laugh:

But i doubt they are gonna do it, so the collectible series i a perfect oppertunity to do characters from LU.

Yes! I completely agree. The moment I saw the teaser and saw the stromlings and dragons, I thought, "They better make those!" And then when more videos came out with the 4 heroes, I thought the same thing. They're really well-designed characters. Curious, why do you think they probably won't? I'd think it'd be a great idea for a theme. I would assume every person who plays the game would automatically buy one, provided the price was right. Even if they did a little cheap $4 Stromling polybag, I'm sure that'd be an instant buy for folks. I guess ultimately it depends on how popular LU is. Wouldn't know cuz I've never played it.

Dare to dream.

Like it was already mentioned, I, too would like to see TLG releasing "counterparts" to the already existing minifigures.

Of course for those which only collect the minifigures this isn't necessary.

But for those which want to include the minifigs in their layouts/dioramas (like I do), there are minifigs which really need a "counterpart" - otherwise they are nearly senseless (e. g. the musketeer without someone he can fight against).

So I'd like to get:

-boxer in blue or white (as addition to the boxer in series 5)

-karate guy with brown belt (as addition to the karate guy in series 2)

-skater girl (as addition to the skater guys in series 2 and 4)

-new sumoringer (as addition to the sumoringer in series 3)

-snowboard guy (as addition to the snowboard chic in series 3)

-new soccer player (as addition to the soccer player in series 4)

-gladiator with trident and net (as addition to the gladiator in series 5)

-male ice-skater (as addition to the female ice-skater in series 4)

-ice-hockey player in red or orange (as addition to the ice-hockey player in series 4)

-surgeon (as addition to the nurse in series 1)

etc.

Klaus-Dieter

Like it was already mentioned, I, too would like to see TLG releasing "counterparts" to the already existing minifigures.

Agreed-- combatants or comrades can be a very good thing! As we've learned, what good is a luchadore if he doesn't have anyone to wrestle??

-ice-hockey player in red or orange (as addition to the ice-hockey player in series 4)

I can see all of these! Of them all, I'd really like to see the antagonist hockey player! Perhaps you could even make the next one a goaltender, and if planned ahead (ie. bought enough multiples) you could swap out the gear to give each team five skaters and one goalie. how great would that be???

I could also see TLG creating 'leader' counterparts to some of the more obvious factions-- like a HEAD ZOMBIE, or a LEADER SPARTAN, or an ELF LORD.

-karate guy with brown belt (as addition to the karate guy in series 2)

-new sumoringer (as addition to the sumoringer in series 3)

I agree with wanting counterparts, but for most of these I don't see the need:

karate guy with brown belt Why would you want a black belt fighting a brown belt? Wouldn't two black belts be better? In which case you just need to swap out the head and hair. I gave a number of these figures away, some to girls, and just gave them an extra female face and hair.

This essentially goes for every figure you mention except the competitive sports figures; even a skategirl using, say, the popstar torso (hey, we're getting two skateboarders, you could always put a female head/hair on one) is at least adequate - I'd rather get new figures when you can already mix and match heads and hair... like this.

TLG has even released nets (for other things, obviously) and tridents with other figures... get them on bricklink.

Now, I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see more counterparts, I definitely would... a different gladiator helmet for example, and the three musketeers DO need someone to fight, and there should be a variety of uniform styles, but I don't think the best thing is to eschew new figures to make counterparts for existing ones that can be modified by simply changing a few parts.

But again, I have to say that, more than anything, a super online build-a-minifigure would generically satisfy most of the requests I've seen here.

While I agree with the general sentiment, I disagree with quite many of your examples. I think many of them would be unnecessarily redundant and uninteresting for the most people. Lego is a building toy after all, and minifigs can be customised with swapping a few pieces. How different, for example, could another sumo be? It could have a different face and hair - and certainly a better torso, but if it would be considerably better than the first one, they wouldn't look good together and you'd just be better off buying two of the new ones, negating the point.

And I would certainly love another gladiator figure (well, it's still quite some time before we get the first one), but more importantly I would love a few dozen other Roman minifigures (legionnaire, senator, Roman noble woman, emperor etc.) and prefer them to be published first. And after we would have gotten a few of them, it wouldn't be hard to build another gladiator out of their parts. Using Spartan's torso and Atlantis trident I suppose one could even have quite a good gladiator out of existing parts already.

Not to say all your examples are bad, by no means! Two boxers with exactly the same equipment would look strange even if one would swap different face for the other one, and there exists no differently coloured accessories to swap. Same goes for team sports - Clutchers competing against Clutchers does not make a match. I suppose we might see such variations in the upcoming series (supposing we will see more than 5 series anyway), hopefully a little apart from each other (like the cave man in Series 1 and the female version in Series 5).

[EDIT: Sorry for posting much the same arguments as Fred67 before me, didn't see his post before submitting mine.]

Edited by Haltiamieli

I'd also add to Klaus-Dieter's suggestions, a "leader" karate master in a black uniform. Or how about a karate kid with a white belt?

I'd also add to Klaus-Dieter's suggestions, a "leader" karate master in a black uniform. Or how about a karate kid with a white belt?

I'm making belts with felt. Would be nice to have something official, though, and then you need entirely white pants.

I also agree with the Karate master sentiment... the head of our academy is normally in black, as are some of the uniforms for the various arts (like Kali/Escrima students wear black, as do Wing-Chun, but other disciplines use white).

But... but... but... that's what I'd been saying; I'm already working on our academy's logo to print on water slide decals and apply to plain black torsos... for me, I'd rather see a lot more generic parts available.

I agree with you on that one, especially would like to see a surgeon, but as others have pointed out some of your other suggestions seem less critical as they can easily be obtained by buying multiples of the same figs and then swapping parts.

Also as far as I was concerned series 3 snowboarder was already the counterpart of series 2 skier.

I won't speculate on the series that are not out yet (ie 4 and 5) but for the ones already out the counterparts I am expecting the most are:

- female elf, we need an woman haircut with elf ears.

- american indian women

- magician assistant (a blindfolded minifig :P)

The cave women was high on my list too but now we know it's coming \o/

Edited by tazosaure

A magician's assistant would be awesome, especially a female one. If it was a blindfolded minifigure it would be interesting to see how they do it.

A magician's assistant would be awesome, especially a female one. If it was a blindfolded minifigure it would be interesting to see how they do it.

Yes, I was thinking female as well. I am not sure how they would pull off the blindfold either, if somehow it could fully be part of the hairpiece and we could have 2 hairpiece (one with blindfold, one without, just like the magician has both hair and hat) that would be pretty neat. Otherwise it could be partlty printed on the hair partly printed on the face, less convenient since one couldn't be used without the other...

Edited by tazosaure

Yes, I was thinking female as well. I am not sure how they would pull off the blindfold either, if somehow it could fully be part of the hairpiece and we could have 2 hairpiece (one with blindfold, one without, just like the magician has both hair and hat) that would be pretty neat. Otherwise it could be partlty printed on the hair partly printed on the face, less convenient since one couldn't be used without the other...

Perhaps it could be done with a double-sided head, making sure the hairpiece meets either end of the blindfold.

Occupation/print on torso: As seen on TV man.

Type of headgear: Classic sales man hair

Type of facial expression: Big smile and beard.

Color on torso/legs: Blue suit.

Accessory: Tv Camera

Occupation/print on torso: Zoo Keeper

Type of headgear: Hat or normal hair

Type of facial expression: Happy

Color on torso/legs: Tan Legs, Tan/blue shirt

Accessory: Bucket with fish

Occupation/print on torso: Photographer

Type of headgear: The mimes hat

Type of facial expression: Beard with a smile.

Color on torso/legs: T-shirt and Jeans

Accessory: Camera

Occupation/print on torso: Knight

Type of headgear: Helmet

Type of facial expression:

Color on torso/legs: Chain mail print.

Accessory: New cross bow? Sword?

Occupation/print on torso: Peon

Type of headgear: Short cut hair

Type of facial expression: Sleepy/ angry

Color on torso/legs: tan

Accessory: Pan or Shovel

Occupation/print on torso: Female Elf

Type of headgear: Long hair with ears

Type of facial expression: Exo-force like screaming battle face. :wacko:

Color on torso/legs: Green

Accessory: Cross bow,

Occupation/print on torso: Judge

Type of headgear: Powerd wig.

Type of facial expression: Calm.

Color on torso/legs: Black

Accessory: Scroll or hammer

Thats it for now.

Wmanidi

Here are two more:

Sheik

male

white-black checked "kerchief"

friendly with beard

white jacket, white pants

eagle with outspread wings

Veterinarian

female

brown Princess Leia's hair

friendly

white shirt, green pants

stethoscope, cony

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Hi, here's mine, I'm not sure if someone has mentioned this.

Occupation/print on torso: Beefeater/Yeoman Warder (to go with the Buckingham Palace Guard in series 5)

Type of headgear: Beefeater hat, like top hat with print on, plus a white neck ruff.

Type of facial expression: King Leo style beard with plain eyes.

Color on torso/legs: Beefeater pattern, main color red with gold and black pattern.

Accessory: W035A Lego Pike 4 Side Blades - Light Bluish Gray or W012B Lego Star Wars Gamorrean Axe - Long Brown Handle

I'm drooling thinking about how much detail there would be on this minifig. There could also be a king and queen in future series.

Uploaded almost all of my doodles to my Photobucket account Though most of them are in a raw state of just pen doodles with no cleaning up or colourisation. Just thought I'd share some ideas. :sceptic: Be kind.

Gender: Female (doesn't really matter, but I want more women)

Type of Headgear: Long hair (would be the same with a male one)

Type of Facial Expression: Happy/Stoned

Color: very colorful

Accessory: Poncho and Doobie (or something else that's Hippie-like :grin:)

Type of Headgear: Beret

Type of Facial Expression: calm

Color: Blue-Yellow-Red stripes

Accesory: halberd

Edited by Peanuts

I would love to see some

Bandits (Cowboys)

Female Elfs

Knights

Monks

Fair ladies

Pilgrims

Mystical Creatures

Farmer (new age)

Farmer (middle Age)

Kings

Queens

Falconier

More Aliens

Jesters

Cooks

Bakers

Pirates

There is so many things they can do.

I would like to see

- A male farmer with pitchfork

- A teacher a cup and a pencil

- A baby with teddybear and bottle

- A nerd with laptop

- A female hairdresser with scissors and hairdryer

- An old men with walking cane

- A female judge with wooden hammer and wig

What are your thoughts?

Some more women for you, probably already been suggested...

Type of Headgear: long hair

Type of Facial Expression: sombre

Color: black dress and different coloured shoes

Accessory: violin and reed (is that what it's called?)

Type of Headgear: Long hair, probably in a ponytail

Type of Facial Expression: wide smile, lit-up eyes

Color: see this image

Accessory: big skirt and headdress.

Type of Headgear: similar hat to the official criminals

Type of Facial Expression: smirking

Color: dressed in a tight-fitting, monochrome outfit

Accessory: an item of jewellery, perhaps a gemstone.

Occupation: Fitness fanatic (as a counterpart to the S5 fitness trainer)

Type of Headgear: SHORT hair in a headband

Type of Facial Expression: exhausted

Color: dark blue exercise outfit (some colour other than pink, green, white or yellow)

Accessory: hand weights or a towel, either as bodywear or something to put in her hand.

Type of Headgear: mountaineer's hat?

Type of Facial Expression: mouth open, enjoying the thrill

Color: lumberjack's shirt, rugged trousers and boots (mountain), t-shirt and shorts with trainers (rock)

Accessory: rucksack, ice pick in silver.

Type of Headgear: long hair in a pigtail

Type of Facial Expression: cheeky grin, like the tennis player

Color: smart black waistcoat (for women) with white sleeves, black trousers

Accessory: printed tile resembling playing cards.

Type of Headgear: long hair with a tiara

Type of Facial Expression: big wide smile

Color: light blue long dress

Accessory: transparent wings and a wand.

Type of Headgear: hair in a plait

Type of Facial Expression: smiling, of course

Color: black blazer and white shirt, black skirt and shoes

Accessory: new-style rucksack in red.

I used to be a huge Lego fan, and have just recently heard about the minifigures. Luckily I got to a shop that still had series 1 and 2 and they were happy for me to sift out the ones I wanted so I bought up 3 sets.

I think the minifigures are fantastic - to me they are a celebration of human history, as well as Lego history with traditional figures like policeman/nurse/spaceman importantly included. It's amazing really that the minifigure design of 1978 has stayed so long and is even more widely recognised through new moulds/faces/accessories and computer games and animation.

I think they are missing musicians even though they have rapper and punk rocker they could go for more traditional - a female violinist or a female saxophonist would be great.

Because they have spaceman/cop/nurse I also think they should have definitely have a pirate with a hook if they can vary it/improve it from the figures that came with the pirate sets. And also a knight to celebrate the castle theme and the famous yellow castle set 375 which was either out in 1978 or 79.

The ultimate figure for me though if they could somehow do it is: -

Type of Headgear: Scottish tammy hat

Type of Facial Expression: tired/strained/cheeks puffed out

Color: Tartan - predominantly green, blue, or red

Accessory: Bagpipes that could fit across both hands and to the mouth!

One other thing - I hope Lego don't go to overkill - I know there's so many possibilities for figures but 6 series to me should be the absolute limit and I would have preferred a bigger gap between each series.