sologuy369

LEGO Universe pre-order starts the 14th of May

Today I got my Lego catalog. When I opened it up, I saw a pre order offer to get a exclusive minifigure and in game code. Here's a link for more details.

-sologuy369

I saw that some time ago. I probably won't be getting it, but the minifig that comes with it is nice.

From the

LU website:

gallery_148_29_22763.jpg

Pre-order and you’ll receive:

* An exclusive, limited edition LEGO Universe astronaut minifigure available while supplies last.

* A unique code you can use to unlock the related in-game accessory!

LU is a great game... for 8 year olds.

*removed due to violation of NDA*

After playing LU for about a week, the fun in it died and me and my friend decided to make our own LEGO (not really LEGO but everything looks lego... so we dont get sued) MMORPG called Brixx Online. It is currently in developement though. Anyway, I was thoroughly dissapointed in LU, but if you have your heart set on buying it, go right ahead, But in my opinion, Youll regret it...

LU is a great game... for 8 year olds.

*removed due to violation of NDA*

After playing LU for about a week, the fun in it died and me and my friend decided to make our own LEGO (not really LEGO but everything looks lego... so we dont get sued) MMORPG called Brixx Online. It is currently in developement though. Anyway, I was thoroughly dissapointed in LU, but if you have your heart set on buying it, go right ahead, But in my opinion, Youll regret it...

I sadly have to agree. My son seems to enjoy it, but it gets boring pretty fast. The chat is terrible and the pet training is frustrating and flawed. It's just not great.

My son seems to enjoy it, but it gets boring pretty fast.

Everyone is different. I've never been a fan of grinding, but people sit on WoW and the others like it and do it all day. I think this game provides a reasonable variety of things to do within the scope of the beta test. It's obviously not the final product, just a representation of the elements that will go into the full package, which will obviously be much larger. It's really important to remember that we're just testing concepts, not seeing the final product at all. Plus there is still the whole target audience issue. It's meant for children, though I do think they're trying to skew that upward a bit to allow adults to play.

The chat is terrible

It's clearly designed to protect children from predators by limiting the potentially dangerous things that could be said. It's a tricky situation and one that I think they're really trying to do their best at in order to provide a safe and friendly environment for the target audience. Any real gamer will rely on an outside program for chatting in a situation like this, so in the long run it won't be an issue.

the pet training is frustrating and flawed.

That's why it's called 'beta testing', to find and work out any problems.

Let me share with you some things about LU.

Since you clearly don't understand the concept of beta testing or the NDA you agreed to, how about you don't. If you think you can make something better, please feel free to try then report back when we can all join up. :laugh:

I do agree that the game is for kids and that it does get boring a little quickly but hey it is not all based on action and leveling. I might buy it later on after it comes out for the sake of trying it again.

Everyone is different. I've never been a fan of grinding, but people sit on WoW and the others like it and do it all day. I think this game provides a reasonable variety of things to do within the scope of the beta test. It's obviously not the final product, just a representation of the elements that will go into the full package, which will obviously be much larger. It's really important to remember that we're just testing concepts, not seeing the final product at all. Plus there is still the whole target audience issue. It's meant for children, though I do think they're trying to skew that upward a bit to allow adults to play.

It's clearly designed to protect children from predators by limiting the potentially dangerous things that could be said. It's a tricky situation and one that I think they're really trying to do their best at in order to provide a safe and friendly environment for the target audience. Any real gamer will rely on an outside program for chatting in a situation like this, so in the long run it won't be an issue.

That's why it's called 'beta testing', to find and work out any problems.

Since you clearly don't understand the concept of beta testing or the NDA you agreed to, how about you don't. If you think you can make something better, please feel free to try then report back when we can all join up. :laugh:

You come off as a bit defensive, my friend. We're just sharing our thoughts. The Chat issue for me is that pretty much every single thing I've tried to say has been shut down, none of them rude or provocative.

I don't think this game will be enjoyable for AFOLs. The kids, it might fly with, tough to say.

Cool minifig to get as part of the prerelease:

med_gallery_101_23_73988.png

I'm seriously considering buying the game - I did some alfa testing and I kinda liked the game.

It's much like Indiana Jones and Star Wars - just with a little more bite :grin:

I might give this a shot too. Of course, the minifig is cool, but my son really enjoys the TT/Lego video games and he might like this too.

I wish I was in beta so I could see how "child safe" the persistent world is--I'm more worried about...unruly, or inappropriate...players than anything else.

If it's pretty clean, then my son and I could play together.

The news site says there is a model you have to buy in order to play the game. I found this in a Brickmaster magazine. Not sure if it has been posted yet, but I believe this is what you'll be ordering on May 14. Again, not sure, but it seems like a teleporter, perhaps into the universe or something like that.

lu_model.jpg

LOL. Well, thanks for removing what I posted as it did bridge the NDA rules. I have beta tested other games and for me (as a kid) it is just not picking up. Everyone is different though, you know so It might just be me... :classic:

I might give this a shot too. Of course, the minifig is cool, but my son really enjoys the TT/Lego video games and he might like this too.

I wish I was in beta so I could see how "child safe" the persistent world is--I'm more worried about...unruly, or inappropriate...players than anything else.

If it's pretty clean, then my son and I could play together.

Dont worry, this game is designed for children. The one thing in it that could have caused some complaining was removed so it seems like LEGO knows what they are doing.

The news site says there is a model you have to buy in order to play the game. I found this in a Brickmaster magazine. Not sure if it has been posted yet, but I believe this is what you'll be ordering on May 14. Again, not sure, but it seems like a teleporter, perhaps into the universe or something like that.

lu_model.jpg

Its the same teleporter-thing the Max walk in in his adventures in Lego club Show!

Its the same teleporter-thing the Max walk in in his adventures in Lego club Show!

I still think it is the model, because it had a Lego Universe background. However, I did see the Max minifigure on the bottom of the same page. Perhaps he is in LU.

Well, preordering starts soon for those who want to. I'm currently divided on if I should get the game, because I'm fairly sure it is a subscription model (e.g. $10 every month to play), not a one-off payment.

I won't be preordering either way.

Been waiting a month for the pre-order...added it to my cart online...then:

"Not available in your country"

OMG

First 30 days free.

Paid subscription required to continue play. 1, 6 and 12 month subscription options available.

Internet connection required.

Playable on PC and MAC. For minimum and recommended system requirements, click here.

It is playable on a mac. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Now im definatly going to buy the game.

Go here to look at the news. (At the bottom of description)

While I'm very grateful to be able to beta test, I have to say that I won't be getting the game. The game is great-even beta- but at these prices, I can't afford it.

First, we pay $40 just for the CD and a minifig. All right. That's the average PS2 game. But no- from there, we have $10-a-month subscriptions. That adds up- fast. This really ticks me off. To me, $40 for a game should be permanent, no strings attached. If I'm going to pay that much, I'd prefer that I got to keep it for life. I guess I'm just not the kind of person who wants to play 'disposable' games anyway. :sceptic:

Where did you read that?

Minxter

lego.com

It's a little cheaper if you buy the 12-month package, but I'm not willing to cough up $90.

S**T that is expensive for a game. Maybe it is just me but £8 a month compared to the usual £3 or £4 is a little expensive for the game. Plus you have to pay the £30 for the game in the first place.

But is this for the disc copy and there might be a downloadable version where you just pay for the subscription. I really hope they decide to reduce the cost of the game subscription after a while because Im not gonna pay that much when other maybe better online games are cheaper.