EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

Knowing, should have been Will Smith, fits his typical starts out good then ends up making no sense.

Was ok till i noticed it was nothing more than a religious propaganda film.

you mean that "new"movie i like that one

you mean that "new"movie i like that one

Yes the one that just come out, its religious propaganda.

Land of the Lost. It's was way too all over the place. When it's not being chased by Grumpy (T-Rex) it's getting blood sucked by a bug. When it's not eating a giant crab cooked by hot air it's fighting Sleestack.

There were a few funny bits and only one really funny part where he Pole Vaulted into Grumpy's mouth.

Oh come on,

the whole end of days thing, saving the children, then the ending with the kids running around in a field near a big white tree is clearly the garden of Eden.

Oh come on,

the whole end of days thing, saving the children, then the ending with the kids running around in a field near a big white tree is clearly the garden of Eden.

Er, sorry to burst your bubble, but that's not propaganda...at all. That's what you'd call poor symbolism, but propaganda? Far, far from it.

To the Brickmobile! :devil:

Which was the whole point of the movie and thus a propaganda movie, just like the day the earth stood still.

Independence Day for the hundredth time. The movie never gets old.

Which was the whole point of the movie and thus a propaganda movie, just like the day the earth stood still.

Yeah, that's called themes, not propaganda, you clearly don't understand what propaganda is. It may have been hokey in both those films, but hardly propaganda.

Anyway, I watched The Princess Bride, never get sick of it; "Never go up against a sicilian when DEATH is on the line! Hahahah-" *dies* :laugh:

To the Batbrickmobile! :devil:

I watched "Push" this evening. Not a great movie, and certainly not original, but a decent enough flick about a group of mostly young people with "gifts" being chased by a shadowy govt agency. The opening narration is a bit clunky...would have been better, IMHO, had the movie expounded on the characters' abilities through storytelling instead of through an explanation at the fore. The characters were likeable, the plot decent. it seems a bit long, but i liked it overall.

I don't get how any of Knowing is religious; perhaps the "Tree of Life" thing, but I don't think the movie is really religious, it's just a little girl who could predict future disasters, and wrote them down for others to understand. :hmpf_bad:

However, I hate it when movies end with

our planet getting destroyed, and trillions of people dying.

:sceptic:

(WARNING! The following spoilers contain major information from other movies! Read at your own risk!)

Come on,

only the kids? Nicolas Cage and what's-her-face die in the movie. That's like "I am Legend" where Will Smith dies. I hate it when the main character dies. Although, I'm used to the jetliner thing, it happened in Die Hard 2: Die Harder.

Meh, nothing I can do about it.

Watched Transformers 2 a couple weeks ago; thought it was good, mindless fun. Not really the biggest fan of movies (working at a movie theater for 2 years probably scarred me for life), but I'll go if someone invites me. :grin:

i watched Bruno and Sunshine yesterday

How was Bruno? A couple of my friends wanted to go watch it the other day but I've heard it's not nearly as funny as Borat. :sceptic:

How was Bruno? A couple of my friends wanted to go watch it the other day but I've heard it's not nearly as funny as Borat. :sceptic:

I overheard some show my grandmother was watching and on the show, they mentioned that the movie will cause many people to become homophobic and that the movie has too much unneccessary nudity. Might be a good idea to pass on this one

Edited by Arthas

Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince.

It was fun and hilarious in parts (Bellatrix was sooo funny), but overall a bit mediocre (like the book itself, in comparison to the others in the series - disjointed with no unifying plot).

Trouble was, I saw the making-of documentary a few days back, which showed all the best bits in it - the Millenium Bridge, Harry, Ron and Ginny on the sofa, Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, so they were a bit predictable. Greyback was really cool, but could have done with a more prominent part, rather than just looking round menacingly. The horcrux cave scene was alright - Dumbledore waving his wand around in a swirl of fire wasn't quite as dramatic as it should have been. A couple of Gandalf groans could have done him good (particularly given the Gollum-like things that came out the water)...

You also need a good grasp of the other books/films to understand it. Had I not recently re-read the 5th book (haven't seen the 5th film yet), I would have been completely stupefied in places.

The ending was weird - Fawkes flying around a bit, but not overtly stated as Fawkes - it looked like an eagle. Nonetheless, my friend cried during the wand-raising after

Dumbledore's Death

Worth watching, but not as good as I had anticipated. That said, the Quidditch was awesome, and the book wasn't as good a starting point as the others.

Clerks.

I love this movie. Brilliant. :thumbup:

Edited by Majek

Fast and the Furious 4, better than that garbage sliding stuff in 3, but not as good as the first one.

Ice Age 3, loved it best cgi in a long time, reminds me of pixar before devil i mean disney turned it into a cash cow rehash movie maker.

"POP goes the weasel", best line in the movie, Simon Pegg was perfect for Buck, "Buck, short for buckmiester, long for ba".

And the 2 possums during the Alvin and the chimpmucks song was gold.

Cant wait to get it in HD.

Saw the new Harry Potter movie today. I was very impressed with it. :thumbup::thumbup: up

Same here. :classic: The acting was quite good, and I loved the half dark, half funny tone of the movie. Many scenes were very recognizable from the book and the whole thing was very well adapted IMO. :thumbup:

And I'm sorry, but I disagree with almost everything that SlyOwl said about the movie. :sceptic: I think the whole movie was great just like it should have been.

There were quite a few things that would have been scary to children, which rectifies the rating and TLC's decision not to make sets from it, I guess. :sadnew:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Kelly's Heroes.

Great old school flick with Clint Eastwood, Don Rickles, Donald Sutherland...I highly recommend this WW2 movie!

The Princess Bride. There has never been a funnier, more enjoyable rom-com that guys can love as well like this one. It even has one of the best rapier sword fights of all time on film.

The Princess Bride. There has never been a funnier, more enjoyable rom-com that guys can love as well like this one. It even has one of the best rapier sword fights of all time on film.

Great movie. My family will watch it together just for the heck of it. My mom even had one of the songs in the movie played at her wedding