EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

I watched Hellboy on TV on Sunday night. Pretty good, but I'm not sure how close it was to the source material, as I've never read a Hellboy comic.

I watched Hellboy on TV on Sunday night. Pretty good, but I'm not sure how close it was to the source material, as I've never read a Hellboy comic.

I believe it wasn't to far off the comic, however i have heard that Hellboy and Liz in the comics are not an item. In fact i was told that they are more like brother and sister.

This is what i was told so who knows.

I believe it wasn't to far off the comic

I think I've heard that, but that's all I've heard.

Still, I'll just enjoy it for what it is. And pyrokinetics are cool, not least because of the name.

From what I've learnt by watching the dvd with the commentaries by Del Toro, The main story itself follows quite closely the comics but in the comics, the characters are not as deep psychologically wise. Del Toro wanted his characters to feel as real as possible, so he emphasized a lot on the interaction between them (hence the romance between Hellboy and Liz) but Mignola was really impressed by his interpretation of the comic, saying that the Hellboy from the film is more Del Toro's than his... He even looks forward to what he'll become in the second film. (and so am I X-D )

we are marshal. its about how a plane crashed and killed the entire football(u.s. style) team except for a few coaches and a few players, and then they rebuilt the team and won their second game with an almost all freshman team(you couldnt have freshman at the time, but they made an exception).

jifel

I went to see "I now pronounce you chuck and larry" yesterday with some friends. We were going to see "superbad" yet we are not 15 yet so we couldn't get in |-/

So we decided to go and see chuck and Larry, because the bus driver had recommended it, even though thr reviews it got were terrible.

It actually wasn't that bad and quite a good laugh in most places! I think going to the cinema is better with your friends aswell! *sweet*

Mr Woodcock, despite it's dodgy title (sounds more like an adult film) i enjoyed it. There was some good lines and it's always fun to see a gym teacher punishing kids X-D

I saw a fantastic and hilarious movie directed by our dear *yoda* (or Fuzzy bear/animal...) Frank Oz ( X-D) called Death at a Funeral

Oh boy how I love English humour !! Its clean, hilarious, far from high tech CGI pro american yada yada yada...

I wish we would have more brit humour movies !!

Really hilarious so be dure to watch it if you want to laugh !!

*yoda*

Michael Clayton

Quite a good movie, very entertaining. George Cloonie is very good as usual, and the story is quite good.

All in all B+, recommended. :-)

Batman (1966)

Fantastic movie, an absolute classic. Really.

"Shark Repellant Bat-Spray" :-D

I watched Redneck Zombies last night before going to bed, and then put Army of Darkness (Evil Dead 3) on as background noise while I went to sleep.

I watched "The Prestige" and "Thank you for smoking" a few days ago. Liked both. :-)

Superbad!!! Profanity, bad language and general idiocy all around! :-P

"McLovin, eh? Sounds like a sexy hamburger."

The Jazz Singer. A good movie to watch after stuffing your face with turkey. You forget the crappy cinematography and appreciate Neil Diamond's singing and Laurence Olivier's acting.

Stardust. A really nice fantasy story with evil witches, flying pirates, fallen stars and an ordinary guy with a secret heritage he knew nothing about. Sounds lame and like it's been done like about a hundred times before (like so many other movies lately)? Go see the movie, then we'll talk again ;-) I for one enjoyed it very much, it has a nice and original story and it's packed with loads of humor!

P.S. If you happen to see the trailer, it really doesn't do the movie justice!

Stardust. A really nice fantasy story with evil witches, flying pirates, fallen stars and an ordinary guy with a secret heritage he knew nothing about. Sounds lame and like it's been done like about a hundred times before (like so many other movies lately)? Go see the movie, then we'll talk again ;-) I for one enjoyed it very much, it has a nice and original story and it's packed with loads of humor!

P.S. If you happen to see the trailer, it really doesn't do the movie justice!

The book is way better.

The last movie I watched was Delicatessen, French black comedy. :-P

Edited by Wobo Ihi

Ras & I went and saw The Kingdom today.

10m.jpg

It was pretty good - lot of action *y*!

Cinema On

copmike

Die Hard! Saw it with a bunch of mates for my Birthday party yesterday (not my b'day til Tuesday though). One very good party indeed though.

Yippie Ki - ay megablocks megablocker ;-)