Is it just me, or the forum just underwent a minor brain wipe? I lost 2 posts and a PM, all sent during the last hour or so. Or is it just me? :wacko:

I didn't loose anything but I got a message saying the forum was offline for maintenance about an hour or so ago.

Ok thanks for the heads up, I'll just keep my mouth shut until it all returns to normal! :grin:

Is it just me, or the forum just underwent a minor brain wipe? I lost 2 posts and a PM, all sent during the last hour or so. Or is it just me? :wacko:

Yeah, we had a bit of an problem... very long and technical story. We might have lost few posts/PMs in a timeframe of maximum 30 min. This was because I had to restore a backup of our database. The moment I restored it, the backup was like 30 min old. Sorry for any possible inconveniences.

Now the board is acting dead slow on me. I have the latest version of firefox.

Thanks!

That's very strange, because it's going smooth for me. It might be some bottleneck in your providers network or on the Internet and not directly related with our server. Let me know if it's still slow for you later on.

I don't know if this is recent but the banners here have not been changed.

The overall site for me is fine though, good speed levels. :thumbup:

I don't know if this is recent but the banners here have not been changed.

Thanks for pointing that out. Fixed it now!

That's very strange, because it's going smooth for me. It might be some bottleneck in your providers network or on the Internet and not directly related with our server. Let me know if it's still slow for you later on.

Thanks. I don't know, the rest of my internet is moving at normal speed. I would never think to blame the site, as it's always run straight and smooth for me. I checked out my task manager, and nothing new seems to be working behind the scenes.

Question: Are the site banners supposed to be spring-themed now, because Eskallon's post showed that the banner for Website and General was not changed, yet it's always been winter for me. Did the whole site move and I'm lagging behind?

Question: Are the site banners supposed to be spring-themed now, because Eskallon's post showed that the banner for Website and General was not changed, yet it's always been winter for me. Did the whole site move and I'm lagging behind?

We're still in Winter mode :classic:

When I enter eurobricks.com in my browser, it takes me to the list of forums, not the home page. Is this a wide-spread issue, or is it something that's been changed. It only started today.

When I enter eurobricks.com in my browser, it takes me to the list of forums, not the home page. Is this a wide-spread issue, or is it something that's been changed. It only started today.

Today we did an upgrade of the board software which must have caused this change. I'm checking with support on how to change this back. Thanks for reporting this!

EDIT: Problem fixed!

Yeah, we had a bit of an problem... very long and technical story. We might have lost few posts/PMs in a timeframe of maximum 30 min. This was because I had to restore a backup of our database. The moment I restored it, the backup was like 30 min old. Sorry for any possible inconveniences.

Hi,

I've with 17 new ideas to edit my first post in topic "J. R. R. Tolkiens Middle Earth" (History Forum) on February 28. Can you to restore the post?

Please take a look here. The collection should have 265 sets.

Greetings, Elander

Is there something with the new server that won't let you send multiple pms? Every time I try it says I must wait until about 2 more minutes. Thanks.

I've with 17 new ideas to edit my first post in topic "J. R. R. Tolkiens Middle Earth" (History Forum) on February 28.

I'm not sure I get what you are saying here. Can you clarify?

Is there something with the new server that won't let you send multiple pms? Every time I try it says I must wait until about 2 more minutes. Thanks.

Do you mean sending multiple PMs immediately after each other?

Yes, it says I must wait until March 3rd and give a time some 2 minutes later. I used to be able to send multiple in a row.

Yes, it says I must wait until March 3rd and give a time some 2 minutes later. I used to be able to send multiple in a row.

I'll have to check on this. When did you notice this change?

About 3:30 Eastern standard time

Found it. Today we upgraded our board and this new version has PM flood control :thumbup:

I've lowered this value for certain usergroups (including yours) from 5 minutes to 1 minute.

We're still in Winter mode :classic:

First time I really think about it, but Eurobricks has a real Northern Hemisphere bias. Does Siegfried condone this?

First time I really think about it, but Eurobricks has a real Northern Hemisphere bias. Does Siegfried condone this?

It's Eurobricks, not Aussiebricks. :grin: True we've moved beyond that, but it makes things easier to pick a season timing.

Found it. Today we upgraded our board and this new version has PM flood control :thumbup:

I've lowered this value for certain usergroups (including yours) from 5 minutes to 1 minute.

This is not related to the new server, but speaking of flood control, can this be removed from the forum's search function at least for registered users? I find this annoying, as you often don't find what you are looking for on the first try. I can understand why you would want to have it for unregistered guests and bots, but I don't really see the point for normal users.

Edited by CP5670

but I don't really see the point for normal users.

The point is that searches consume a lot of ressources from the server. This is why we're sort of "forced" to limit them.

The point is that searches consume a lot of ressources from the server. This is why we're sort of "forced" to limit them.

If you discourage people from searching though, it increases the chances of them posting redundant threads. :tongue:

Does the new server help with this? I don't know how much search traffic EB gets, but it seems like the server should be fast enough to handle them without the time limits.

If you discourage people from searching though, it increases the chances of them posting redundant threads. :tongue:

Does the new server help with this? I don't know how much search traffic EB gets, but it seems like the server should be fast enough to handle them without the time limits.

A website server isn't just like a simple computer, where you buy a new one and it runs faster than the older one. We need to be very cautious on the power we're using, as giving one member category a permission multiplies the use of this permission by the number of member. This has a cost.