JCC1004

Have you ever experienced paranormal activity?

Have you ever experienced paranormal activy, especially during your sleep?

After seeing Paranormal Activity 2 yesterday, I woke up today, only to find that my Lego models got knocked off the shelves by of course, paranormal activity and broke into a million pieces! *oh2*:sad::cry_sad:

Now it'll take about more than a month to reassemble them!

Err, right...

There is already a topic for this sort of thing, so I shall merge your post into that. :classic:

Great topic, JCC!

Here's my story:

My ex (who is male, for those who don't know, I'm gay) went out of town to visit his family and I stayed at his apartment to watch the dog. He had told me that his place was haunted. He had seen a ghost and heard voices and heard furniture moving in his living room. I just rolled my eyes and humored him. A furniture moving ghost? :hmpf: Did the furniture actually move? No. Then he won't be much help when it's time to move out. Anyway, I just thought he was trying to make the place sound creepy to create atmosphere for a date when we were watching horror movies. Whatever.

So I stay in this place alone for a week. It's a Chicago brownstone, or 3-flat. He lived on the third floor and the couple who owned the building lived on the second floor. They were retired and spent the Winter in Florida. This was Winter. The first floor was also theirs and including the laundry for both apartments and then there was storage in the awful and creepy basement. Random tidbit: there was a shaft in the hall closet that went all the way to the basement, for some reason. That thing used to creep me out. I used to always imagine some ghoul or creature popping up out of it when I was putting towels away...

Anyway, one night I woke up in the middle of the night and jumped out of bed because the apartment was filled with smoke. I didn't smell anything, but there was clearly smoke everywhere. I had never been in a fire, so I tried to stay calm and just jumped out of bed and ran to the dining room and turned the lights on. The apartment was set up so you could see from the front to the back through all the rooms. A lot of Chicago apartments are this way. When I turned the lights on the smoke disappeared. I turned the lights back off. All clear. It was a particularly bright night, full moon, I believe, and even with the lights off you could see everything in the apartment very clearly. Well, I assumed that my eyes had watered up in my sleep and I was just seeing haze when I first woke up. I checked the apartment and went back to bed.

I left the door cracked, as I always did. I've always been afraid of the dark and in this apartment, I felt most comfortable with the door cracked. Wide open or completely closed would've made things worse. Don't know why, that's just how I felt most comfortable. Well, I laid down and tried to get Nukles, the chocolate lab, (pronounced Knuckles, he just couldn't spell very well. He's a dog after all) to come lay up by me because I was a little spooked by the disappearing smoke cloud. I started calling him which usually had him come up and cuddle right away. So, I looked to see why he wasn't responding. He was laying on the bed, at the foot looking towards the door. And his head was cocked to one side. I thought "Oh don't do this."

Then, I saw the hairs on his back stand on end. And then he started growling.

I said "Nukles, don't. You're freakin' me out." As if he had the capacity to play a trick on me. This is the worst part, the dog has no reason to lie. He senses something, he's gonna get pissed whether I know what it is, can see it, whatever.

And that's when the furniture in the living room started moving. That's what it sounded like anyway. I couldn't see into the living room from the bed and I wasn't going to go check. Just constant moving. Nobody lived above the apartment, in fact there was only a small attic and the rest of the building was empty. Didn't matter anyway, the sound was clearly coming from the other room. And the dog was so pissed off. He even barked a couple of times, but I told him to stop and he listened. But he growled the whole time. It lasted about an hour, maybe longer. I just sat there, propped up on a pillow staring at the door.

A moonlit night in a Chicago apartment where tree branches are already casting shadows on the floor, and you hear noises in the other room and you're not blinking, you see things. And I saw things. Shapes moving across the dining room, shadows moving past the door. I'm sure that was just my eyes playing tricks because I was so scared and staring so hard...

But, it finally stopped around 5 am. And I stayed up until the sun rose.

In the morning, the furniture was all where it was before I went to sleep. Nothing out of place. Never heard anything else the other nights I stayed there...

What a lot of amazing stories! It sent shivers down my spine to read some of them.

I used to have this thing from the age of about 17 to 25 where street lights would suddenly turn on or off as I walked past. This happened at the bottom of the Regent Road in Salford for a year and by the top lake in Surrey Quays for about 4 years. I know there are some scientific explanations for this like daylight sensors, and I can`t know about the ones I didn`t walk past, but the regularity of which bulbs would switch exactly as I passed was very probably more than coincidence. I used to wonder if it was something to do with the electrical fields of my body.

The only other possibly supernatural story is that when I was a child of 5 or 6 I was sure that one night I was transported to the 16th century. I was in my bedroom, but decorated with tapestries and woodcarvings. We lived in a late 20th century house so it is unlikely to be about the history of where I was. That one could well have been a vivid dream but it really didn`t seem like it.

Those of us who have precognition of conversations in dreams, I would guess this is perfectly normal working of the brain during sleep, when we subconciously plan. Deja vu is very common too as normal brain working.

I live in Japan now, my wife takes the existence of ghosts as a matter of fact here, she says most are friendly.

I've never posted here, but I've read just about every post. Many of these stories are pretty scary, and I have gotten chills from reading them. Some are believable, others, not so much. Either way, I do not believe in ghosts or paranormal activity.

However, a few strange things happened to me. Like a few others have shared, I have this problem where I'll lose something, search and search for it, and then have t turn up right in plain sight. I always think it's just a "hidden in plain sight" thing where I'm just looking too hard, but it happens a lot, especially with Lego.

Also, I've had a similar experience to what rubuko shared. It's a rather long story, but it is quite creepy, if not paranormal.

So one night me a couple friends are hanging out a town fair/ festival type celebration (this is only about a month ago), and we start talking about this abandoned mental institution near a major hospital center. Eventually we decide to walk there and check out, since we've heard stories of voices and screaming and whatnot inside the institution.

And I kid you not, this may sound weird, but trust me, it does exist. It's in an open field about two miles from the town center that we were in, and pretty far away from the main hospital (which is still functional). The reason that the mental institution is abandoned but still standing is because when it closed, some people in the city (of Milwaukee) protested that it was a "historical site", and it would be pointless to demolish it. Yet it's still all boarded up, with working lights by it, and even a functional security house close by. default_wacko.gif

Anyway, three friends and I decide to walk there. One guy chickens out before we get far, and heads back to the festival. We walked through woods and wet swamp-ish areas to get there, which alone was creepy, and finally crossed a large field (keep in mind it was dark save our flashlights and any light pollution from the highway or hospital). After about an hour of walking, we finally reach the mental institution, which is actually three separate buildings which are (at least I heard) connected through underground tunnels. The buildings are two or three floors each, with boarded up windows, overgrown weeds, and the structures overall are falling apart. There is also the security house and a few lights (no one was in the security house at the time).

Now I get to the creepy part. First, we see a white shirt, just laid out on a log near the houses. We figured it was just some kids trying to scare everyone else, but it startled us at first, because we saw it out of the corners of our eyes. Next, we walk around the buildings a bit, and unfortunately there is no way in, everything is boarded up. We come to the door, and all of a sudden I get an urge to ring the doorbell. I do, and it still works! This is a seventy year old building, and the doorbell still works. We jolt out of there, and decide to look at the security house.

Now to the part where I have a similar experience to robuko. As we're walking toward the security house, we walk directly under a light (it was similar to a normal highway or street light), and as soon as we do, the light goes out. I have no idea why, there could be a sensor, but why would the light go out?

Anyway, that's the creepiest thing I've done/ experienced that I can remember. Sometimes I do feel like someone is watching me, following me, or in my house when I'm in bed. I think I hear things, like the floors creaking, and sometimes the garage light (which is turned on my a sensor) goes on randomly. There are definitely reasonable explanations for some of these things, and I'm sure other people feel like they're being watched, but it''s creepy nonetheless.

I do plan on returning to the mental institution, though. I'm not really worried about paranormal activity, but maybe for Halloween, something will happen. default_devg1.gif

"Paranormal" being something that simply can't be explained by what we consider "normal," then the answer is yes, a long time ago (around 1980 or so). I don't feel like going into detail... it was a long, weird night during an overnight hike at the camp I went to.

On top of that, I experience deja vu... what's odd about this thread is that I hadn't experienced it probably in several years until I was working today and had distinct memories of doing exactly what I was doing before... writing a program. Yes, I write programs every day, but it was the exact same program in the exact same way in an editor that I only just started using a few months ago.

Last year,something weird happened to me. It goes like this: I was running through our living room heading upstairs to use the computer when I bumped a wooden chair. It created a sound as it scratched the floor. The sound did not go away, It just repeated itself but no one is in the room.

Okay. I have a story.

My Grandfather died about ten years ago. Last night, I had a dream. I was in a building with a glass roof. It was furnished with marble furniture (?) and was completely white. I looked up to see a man on top of the building, peering down at me through the glass roof. I get a warm fuzzy feeling, then I wake up. My gut told me it was my Grandfather. This has been a dream I've had about 10 times a year for every year my Grandfather has been dead. So I suppose I've had this dream 100 times by now. I always have a great day afterward.

Since the thread got bumped, it's late, my wife's been watching Ghost Hunters all evening, and I'm just bored at my computer, I read through more of the stories, and when I read "awesomebrick's" story, it reminded me of something akin to Deja Vu... where a song has been stuck in my head for hours, and I turn on the radio and that song is playing.

You'd chalk it up to coincidence except that I'm not into pop music and a lot of the music I grew up liking in the 80's was not the most popular stuff.

I figure I'll tell my story now, though... the TV's off, and my wife is sleeping on the couch, and I'm just sitting here...

Anyway, the overnight camp I went to, Camp Trexler, on Lake Stahahe in NY, had four "encampments" every summer, which were 2 week long sessions that you could sign up for. I'd been going to the camp for several years, and this was to be my last, so I asked my parents if I could go for two, and ended up going to the last one. The last one takes place in August, and it's starts to get cold at night at that time, which makes for a cool view when you get up in the morning, as the lake is covered with mist.

Each encampment had at least one overnight hike, and you get to sign up for them by age, so since I was in the oldest group I got to choose first, and I figured I'd take it easy and pick the canoe ride to the other end of the lake (only about a half mile away or so) where we camped on a small island in a group of small islands. There was maybe a dozen of us, including two counselors. Since it was such an easy "hike," we got there really early, and I was just reading along with a friend I'd made at the camp (I loaned him my books - Xanth books, by Piers Anthony).

So we're just hanging out on one side of this small island (very bumpy, rocky, a lot of trees, maybe an acre in size), and hear music. Like a flute. Nobody had a radio or anything. It wasn't coming from shore, that would be too far away. We looked at each other, and went to see what it was... climbed up a rock at the very edge of the island, and there's another island very close (maybe ten feet of water, but that island was only maybe 1/10th the size of our island, but that's where the music sounded like it was coming from; by the time we looked over it had stopped and there was no one there. My friend said the first thing that popped into his head was Pan.

Nothing else odd happened until after dark. We were all sitting around the fire, and someone pointed out a huge ball of flame in the sky; it looked like it was coming towards us... not exactly, but fairly close, and we were just in awe, and suggesting things like a comet or asteroid or huge meteorite... when it took a hard left (our right) and disappeared behind some mountains (we were in the Appalachian area). It was always descending... it didn't look like some odd space craft or something, just a big ball of flame.

As soon as whatever it was was gone, the youngest member of the group freaked everyone out with the statement "My eye came out." None of us knew at the time he had a glass eye, and being a little kid didn't like the way the lubricating gel felt, so he would purposely "forget" to go to the nurse. So one of the counselors, as darks as it was, took him directly to the nearest shore and walked him back to camp to see the nurse (faster than rowing all the way back, as they hit the road that ran along the lake that led to the camp).

As our fire wained, we started hearing strange noises. Splashes in the water; noises coming from the tree tops... and finally a voice off the island screaming for us to shine our flashlights at him... it was the counselor, coming back from the camp (after leaving the boy with the nurse)... he was completely freaking out, thought something was following him - all the way from shore, and as we were doing this, two separate things "fell" out of the trees into the water.... first one, then we all turned our flashlights to see something else jump from branch to branch and then jump completely off into the water. It was maybe the size of a raccoon, but boy, it was NOT a raccoon... and two adult camp counselors, who had gone on these overnight hikes dozens of times, were absolutely speechless. The one that was rowing back panicked at the thought of something ELSE chasing him. I myself had been on these overnights many times (and have had other freaky experiences, but NOTHING like that night), and I can't explain what I saw.

What was interesting was it wasn't just me... I wasn't the only one who heard music, or saw a flaming meteor (or whatever it was) suddenly change direction, or saw some "thing" jump into the water from the tree tops.

Now really, I could probably come up with something to explain most of it... an optical illusion, some tree dwelling lake critter; we've actually seen turtles climb trees... some have those sharp claws, and then they just "fall" into the lake off the branch they were on, but that's not on a typical tall pine or something, it's usually a bent over tree hanging over water.

But out of all that, the thing that freaked me out the LEAST is the one I can't explain... the music.

It's been a spooky couple of years.

1. A 5 year old girl died in a friend's home. The girl is still there. Since her death the household TVs click on all by themselves. One of my freinds is from a culture that takes the paranormal for granted. He says as the child did when she was alive, her ghost gets bored with the adult conversation so clicks on the TV. My said when they watch, say a program on CNN and turn off the TV, the following day when they switch it back on, the channel is set on the Cartoon network - the kid switches the channels.

I nodded politely when told all of the above by my friends. One of them says he sees a black shadow figure hoovering at the far corner outside the garage. My other friend says she thinks its the neighbor who shot & killed himself many years ago. My initial thoughts - "Uh... right. Sure. If you say so."

Of course, I didn't totally believe my buddys, ignoring my own paranormal experiences and thinking they were still upset by the girl's death. But I went on a car trip with one of my them up the coast. We visited another friend and we sat in her livingroom chatting. Out of the blue (when the 'adult' conversation got boring) the TV started clicking on and off. The lady we visited has an ancient b'jillion years old TV with a crap remote that often doesn't work. That TV had NEVER clicked on or off before on its own. Seems the ghost child traveled along with my friend and got bored.

2. I used to live in a haunted apartment only I didn't know it at the time. I would lie in my bed and hear my name whispered into my ear - I could actually feel breath on my ear. I was living alone. I assumed I was having some sort of mental process happening. Sometimes when I lay in bed reading, I'd hear my name called out from the living room. I managed to shrug that off too, rationalizing I was half asleep when I knew full well I was wide awake.

I volunteer as a docent at an Indian Museum. I was with other docents while they were discussing how, in the small museum building, when on duty at the front desk by herself, one of the docent's hears her name shouted from the back of the museum, only there is no one back there and she sure as hell is wide awake at the front desk. It's a small building, one floor, no basement, you KNOW if you're in there by yourself. Who the $^%& is calls her from the back rooms? It may or may not matter that docent is a Navajo.

3. After my grandmother died, my aunt (Masters degree, skeptic) told me she was preparing dinner for her family and felt some one watching her, turned around and there was her mother (my grand) standing there. Grandma disappeared. I asked my aunt (stupidly) 'Were you frightened?!" My aunt gave me a look like I was a incredibly stupid and said, "She is my mother! Why would I be afraid?".

4. A couple of weeks ago I asked my nephew if he ever had a paranormal experience (I carry on about such stuff every October, it's practically a tradition for me now!). He said he was a docent at the Museum of Modern Art in NYC. He and another docent heard screaming from an elevator when no one was in the elevator. The other longer-term docent, nonplussed, told my nephew that was the ghost of a man that died in the elevator (I forgot the details).

My nephew also told me ages ago he woke to see the head of an ugly old woman with long white hair floating into his Brooklyn bedroom. She was translucent and freaky ugly. She disappeared. Some time later he gingerly mentioned what he saw to his southern grandmother who shrugged it off as if he'd seen nothing more amazing than a firefly float into his room. She said, "Oh that was a hag". His Grandma is from the south where many just take that sort of paranormal activity forgranted.

The Hag story freaked me out a bit. I've heard of hags and assumed that was a stupid and unbelieveble paranormal activity experience by ignorant third world superstitious girly types. Shall I list my nephews degrees? He's no ignorant girlie and there is no way he'd make that up and tell me about it. If you were a macho type guy, would you make up a spooky story about a ghostly apparition that is normally associated with virginal girlie types?

If you are a non-believer it just means you or a close loved one, hasn't yet had a paranormal experience - that you KNOW of. :devil:

Edited by ybmagpye

Interesting topic :classic: I have an interest in the paranormal ever since I was young. Twice in my life ascended masters have warned me of upcoming danger, although at the time I didn't know it. The first was when I was 3 in my parents apartment in Los Angeles 6 ghostly spirits were screaming at me from the ceiling, my paretns were in the same room but didn't hear anything. I was scared shi***** :tongue: I know that not long after we experienced a horrible earthquake and lost alot fo money on this condo, plus our porsche...

Next was when I was 10 their were less of them but it was the same with the screaming.. Not long after I got sick with Crohns disease... :sadnew:

I also see orbs alot and shades but nothing hurts me. I also have deja vu ALOT and sleep paralysis which always inlcuded a vivid lucid dream were I am aducted by aliens, which I have some unnatural fear of aliens. :alien: I always break out of it before I get to the ship. :cry_sad:*oh2*

I'm also born on Halloween so maybe theirs some truth to the rumors of people born on Halloween. *huh*

Decided to add one more spooky thing, UFOs.

I saw a UFO when I was a kid in Bronx, NY. It was broad daylight and I was sitting in my brother's room staring lazily out his window. Mind - I was on the 18th floor of an enormous building, with four other enormous buldings on the same block - mid-day. I saw a delta wing craft moving along slowly. It caught my attention because it was going so slowly I felt as if it couldn't move that slow and stay aloft. "Why isn't it falling?" is what I kept thinking as I watched it. Then I thought, maybe it's far away and it only seems as if it's moving slowly. But if that were true, it must be gigantic..." My mind kept going in facinated circles - what's holding it up? Is it small and nearby? If so, how is it staying aloft. Is it huge and far away? Why aren't people shreiking and running away?

Thing is, this was long before computers and cell phones and such. Yeah. I'm an old bat.

Anyway, when the delta wing was parallel to my window, it shot UP. Straight up, and was gone in seconds.

There wasn't then, and aren't any delta wings that do that, even now that I know of.

Thing is, I never forgot that delta wing, but for ages I told myself it must be a military craft, after all, I saw it in daylight and everyone 'knows' UFOs are found in swamps in Mississippi or empty fields in Nebraska at midnight, right? So I was in denial. Then I read Communion by Whitley what's his name and freaked - his book (true, false, jury's still out) UFOs were seen in daylight in NYC. I could no longer ignore what I saw.

By the way, I have heard oodles of UFO stories from oodles of friends/family. I've heard more UFO stuff than even ghost stuff. I'm certain there are UFOs, and that they aren't exactly 'unknown' they're just still 'classified' on a need-to-know basis.

I never even thought before to class UFOs as paranormal! They're normal all right. Not ghosts flying those crafts, just aliens and military. :vader:

Edited by ybmagpye

When I was five or so we was walking down past a pond with my mum and I asked

"is that where the lady with the white hair lived?",

unbeknownst to me a lady with white hair died 100's of years ago there and people see her ghost walking past the pond occasionally. My mum was obviously shocked.

However I remain a sceptic actually and believe in the brick tapes theory

When I was younger, my parent's had a cat. Sydney was her name. She liked my mother and father. Loved them to death. Me, however, she did not like. When I was about 3 and a half, she was put to sleep cause she was old and ill. I was saddened, because I loved her, despite the fact she hated me. :cry_sad:

Anyways, about a year or two later, I was not longer an only child, my mother gave birth to my brother 5 or so months earlier, and I often woke up in the night because I worried about monsters or whatever. But instead of just calling for my mom or walking into her room, I walked out to my hallway and saw my cat, Sydney, who was long gone. I was still somewhat asleep, but when I came to my senses I was extremely frightened. My mother came out to the hallway and started petting the cat. This, scared me more than anything else. My mother wasn't phased at all!

After seeing my mom pet Sydney, I ran into my mom's room and ducked under the bedsheets, shivering until I fell asleep.

Also, another story with less background aspects is when I was 5 or so, I was in my mothers room cause I couldn't sleep, and I heard a flute playing, as if it were in my attic. I didn't sleep at all that night, not only because I was afraid, but because the flute playing was too loud! :wacko:

Last year,something weird happened to me. It goes like this: I was running through our living room heading upstairs to use the computer when I bumped a wooden chair. It created a sound as it scratched the floor. The sound did not go away, It just repeated itself but no one is in the room.

We call that an echo.

Now really, I could probably come up with something to explain most of it... an optical illusion, some tree dwelling lake critter; we've actually seen turtles climb trees... some have those sharp claws, and then they just "fall" into the lake off the branch they were on, but that's not on a typical tall pine or something, it's usually a bent over tree hanging over water.

But out of all that, the thing that freaked me out the LEAST is the one I can't explain... the music.

There may be an explanation for all of those things, like you said, but the sum of them altogether... especially the direction-changing fireball is pretty freaky.

Then I read Communion by Whitley what's his name

Strieber! I read that book when I was 11 and sometimes still can't sleep thinking about it. I was just talking about this to my best friend yesterday. I used to sweat profusely I was so scared trying to fall asleep at night. That book almost made me go insane. Every noise in my house was some thing coming in to get me. Have you ever seen the movie version? It's not great, the book blows it away, but there are a couple of freaky parts. Some things from the book are very well captured. Others...nah.

Okay, ybmagpye has reminded me of another story that happened to me also when I was 11. I was at a sleepover with about 20 other kids in the sixth grade. We were 11 and rebellious and we were out to cause trouble. It was around September and just starting to get cool but still nice enough that we were outside for most of the night. The kid who's house it was at lived in a forested area of the Chicago suburb we lived in. The properties were set apart by a lot of trees and the roads were not on a grid, they were windy and private to discourage people from coming back and bugging them.

So, we all went out real late to break windows. Seriously, that's what we set out to do. There was an abandoned house and we were going out to break windows in it. Twenty of us. No matter how stealthy we were, 20 kids is never inconspicuous. However, we went to the house, a kid on crutches used his crutch to break the window. At the sound of the glass breaking, the lights at the property next door turned on. So, we all ran.

Most of us stopped a couple blocks down in one of the foresty patches. One of the guys flagged us down to stop us, so we could listen to hear if anyone was chasing us. That way, we could get off the road and hide in the trees. So, we look back down the street and there's a lampost at the intersection where we all turned. On the other side of the intersection, from the lamp post, is a stop sign. There's a person standing under the stop sign. At least I think there is. I can't tell. It looks like a person, but it looked weird, like what you see after staring into a light for too long. And then it waved. And then it started dancing. It would walk to the edge of the trees and then back to the street and then stop and look towards us. But, there was such a weird quality to it, I couldn't say I was actually seeing anything. I thought fear was just playing tricks on me. I was 11 and had just read a horrifying novel about alien abduction by Whitley Strieber, so I was used to my mind concocting things to be afraid of. So, I just shrugged it off.

Later, when we got back to the house where the sleepover was, one of the other guys said "Did you guys see that guy dancing by the stop sign?" I got chills. He went on to describe exactly what I saw. Nobody else had seen it and I was new to the school, and on the edge between liked and disliked so I just went along with the crowd and didn't tell him I had seen it. But, the fact that someone else saw it means something, or somebody was there. Just not sure why anybody would behave that way and why it looked so weird...

Often, about once a month since I was twelve or so, I'll go down into my basement to find the light above the small bar is on, and the door to one of the cabinets full of liquor is open. I used to always think this was my older brother, sneaking down at night with his friends or something and drinking a bit.Then my brother went off to college two years ago, and I really started questioning it.

Now about once a week, I'll be playing xbox or watching a movie, and the bar will just turn on suddenly, or the lights above me will turn off. The TV and xbox will remain on, but the lights will go off. I go and flip the switch a couple times, they'll stay off, so I go check the fuse box and flip it, and it still remains off, and about two minutes later, they'll turn on again. I started writing down the date and time that these happened on a scrap of paper, because I'm paranoid, and I found it has never happened on a Sunday *oh2* Also, it has yet to happen when I'm listening to music.

So theres an alcoholic and church going spirit in my basement that frowns upon me using the television and hates punk music?

So theres an alcoholic and church going spirit in my basement that frowns upon me using the television and hates punk music?

XD

This thread is awesome. I'm only halfway through reading the stories, but I feel compelled to write a couple of my own. Well actually they're kind of second-hand stories.

Can't say too much about this one story, but basically I had this friend who's family member died. Shortly after, she would be cleaning or doing whatever, and the radio (that was switched off) would suddenly turn on, and what was playing was an advertisement advocating against smoking or drinking. This happened more than once, apparently. She was convinced it was the dead relative warning her not to abuse substances. The relative's death was associated with certain substance abuse.

A secondhand story... This one's from a friend, and much more cheery. Him and his buddy were in their front yard playing basketball in front of their house, sort of a busy neighborhood. All of the sudden there's a random guy standing there, and they had no idea where he came from. Like, they would have seen him coming. Anyway he's kind of a cheery fellow and he asks for the ball. The strange man proceeds to make long distance baskets from quite a distance. Basically he has an uncanny ability to play basketball. And suddenly a plain gray van comes down the street and the strange man abruptly says goodbye and hops in the van. Lol, just kind of a strange story about a guy coming out of nowhere, sinking a few shots, and hopping in a random van to make his escape.

Also, someone mentioned a Ouija board. My friends and I would have a blast with that thing as kids. Everyone would swear up and down that they weren't pushing the thing around, but who knows. One day when we were getting to be older teenagers, my mom threw the Ouija board away. Something about the devil or church or somesuch. Whatever. But we would "communicate with dead people" with the Ouja board all the time. They would spell out their names and stuff.

Yes. one time I could not sleep so i was wacthing tv and outside my house window was intirlly green :alien:

This made me think of an experience I had, but not a paranormal one, not to go against the spirit of this thread. I think that may actually be a natural weather thing, albeit rare. In high school, I was on the rowing team. (Rowing: 4 or 8 guys in a boat kind of like a long canoe, with long oars). We were out on the river waiting for the race to start, and it was kind of bizarre. This cloud of mist came over us suddenly but it was really eerie because it had this faint green tint to it. The mist reached us and it started pouring rain suddenly. It was just a sudden, strange burst of rain. But I swear the mist was green. I don't know if it was the daylight reflecting green from the nearby trees combined with the mist, or what. I've never seen anything like it before or since, so I assume it's kind of a rare weather thing. Maybe it was St. Elmo's Fire (static electricity that can appear to be a greenish glow: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Elmo's_fire).

Edited by Hinckley
fixed link

:laugh: Awesome. I hate to add realism to these stories, but does your basement have can lighting? In my old house, the lights would go off when they would overheat. Certain can lights had sensors when they would overheat to override the switch and turn the bulb off. In my basement, the lights would randomly go off all the time. When I would play with the switches they would stay off. Since there were two sets of switched I never knew which light was on or off so they would also randomly go on. Sounds like that's what is happening to you. We had an electrician take a look because one of the sensors broke and bulbs kept popping on us. He explained it to us. Freakier story if you don't know the electrical story behind it, but there's a logical explanation. If you're using a low ampage breaker for the lights and the stereo, the stereo is probably causing the lights to burn dimmer and never causing them to overheat... Sorry to be logical. Still a great story and an even better telling. Good sense of humor

This made me think of an experience I had, but not a paranormal one, not to go against the spirit of this thread. I think that may actually be a natural weather thing, albeit rare. In high school, I was on the rowing team. (Rowing: 4 or 8 guys in a boat kind of like a long canoe, with long oars). We were out on the river waiting for the race to start, and it was kind of bizarre. This cloud of mist came over us suddenly but it was really eerie because it had this faint green tint to it. The mist reached us and it started pouring rain suddenly. It was just a sudden, strange burst of rain. But I swear the mist was green. I don't know if it was the daylight reflecting green from the nearby trees combined with the mist, or what. I've never seen anything like it before or since, so I assume it's kind of a rare weather thing. Maybe it was St. Elmo's Fire (static electricity that can appear to be a greenish glow: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Elmo's_fire ).

I've seen St. Elmo's Fire. It used to dance on the tops of the trees at the same house where I had the lighting problem. It was weird, but cool. Looked nothing like a green mist though...