gusmoore17

Harry Potter 2010 discussion thread

So, I bought the new Hogwarts castle on Saturday and thought you would like a picture with all Hogwarts sets (except the bad first one).

allhogwarts.jpg

DANG!

The new Hogwarts looks tiny compared to the other Hogwarts..

To me they don't look good together

The sets are shown on the front page of LEGO :grin:

Edited by 10or

DANG!

The new Hogwarts looks tiny compared to the other Hogwarts..

The difference in size between The Great Hall and the Clocktower building is actually pretty accurate to the films.

HP_PRISONER_OF_AZKABAN_DISC1369.jpg

So, I bought the new Hogwarts castle on Saturday and thought you would like a picture with all Hogwarts sets (except the bad first one).

allhogwarts.jpg

Woah, they look really odd together. I've got all 4 Castles now, but I packed the first 3 away, just because I didn't think they would look right. It's not just the size, it's the detail and brick colour.

I also managed to get the latest Hogwarts Castle today, and seen as there is already a review of it, it's pointless doing another one, so here are a few pictures of the castleif anyone hasn't got it yet.

Also, has anyone got the Hogwarts Express set yet and fancy doing a review of it? I really want to see what people think to that set.

The difference in size between The Great Hall and the Clocktower building is actually pretty accurate to the films.

HP_PRISONER_OF_AZKABAN_DISC1369.jpg

I;m pretty sure the Great hall looks smaller because it's farther away, the first Great Hall is better IMO. My favorite Hogwarts is(like everything else) POA. :thumbup:

I hope Lego will continue into OotP and Deathly Hallows, not enough DA figs. :sadnew:

I;m pretty sure the Great hall looks smaller because it's farther away.

NN7074L.jpg

The Clocktower is the building behind the largest tower and you can see that the Great Hall only rises to just over half its height.

Edited by Ferder

For all you people who want a review of the train, I just got it, but I'm saving it for this four day weekend, so I'll post some pics when I open it, if a review doesn't pop up before then.

And the great hall size is correct in correspondence with the clock tower, the astronomy tower, however is not. You should trust me, I know everything about Harry Potter.

And, @Big Brick, I feel that the first castle was pretty good, except the roof. The third one is ugly, but is forgiven for Hogwarts MOC potential and figures.

I only need Hogwarts castle and Hagrid's hut now, but i don't know if I'll get Hagrid's.

And the Lego group probably is waiting for the release of the seventh movie to promote these sets. I wonder why they won't release the Diagon Alley at christmas, It'd be right after the new movie, so hype would be up, and then a huge holiday that people tend to buy gifts at, it just seems stupid.

Is that it? Yeah that's it. :grin:

NN7074P.jpg

Holy cuss that would make a great MOC!

Somebody that can make polls well should create one that asks us to rate each edition (by year) of each HP set, so we can see the comparison.

The Clocktower is the building behind the largest tower and you can see that the Great Hall only rises to just over half its height.

You can also see where the clock tower courtyard would intersect the clock tower and see that the base of the clocktower is above the roof of the great hall. :wink:

Not a great pic for comparisons.

And the great hall size is correct in correspondence with the clock tower, the astronomy tower, however is not. You should trust me, I know everything about Harry Potter.

:laugh: Will do.

Oh! couldn't care less about size and weight and shapes and colors. I think they all look really cute all together :D

I agree. :sweet:

If you were to put some of the old sets beneath the new castle to raise it up to the 'tan level', it would look better, I feel.

For all you people who want a review of the train, I just got it, but I'm saving it for this four day weekend, so I'll post some pics when I open it, if a review doesn't pop up before then.

That'd be great. Thanks!

Somebody that can make polls well should create one that asks us to rate each edition (by year) of each HP set, so we can see the comparison.

Done. :wink:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Okay cool!

Did anyone who had the second Hagrid's Hut buy the new one? If so how does it compare?

Oh! couldn't care less about size and weight and shapes and colors. I think they all look really cute all together :D

You have a charming outlook on life and LEGOs. :classic:

Not sure if it was mentioned already, but the HP product page on Lego.com has been updated with elaborate CG 360 views of all the sets (except Hogwarts Express). LINK

Not sure if it was mentioned already, but the HP product page on Lego.com has been updated with elaborate CG 360 views of all the sets (except Hogwarts Express). LINK

Looks pretty cool to me. Are these from the game scenes? :look:

Question, has anyone else with Freeing Dobby noticed after a being used a few times, his printed eyes RUB OFF ? *oh2*

Looks like I'm placing a call to Lego then for a replacement - it's only two week old ! :sceptic:

Question, has anyone else with Freeing Dobby noticed after a being used a few times, his printed eyes RUB OFF ? *oh2*

Looks like I'm placing a call to Lego then for a replacement - it's only two week old ! :sceptic:

Thats what happended with all my yoda heads and kitfisto :cry_sad: So I thin it would happen with dobby aswell :sceptic:

Thats what happended with all my yoda heads and kitfisto :cry_sad: So I thin it would happen with dobby aswell :sceptic:

Only time I've had that happen was with Patrick's head from the Spongebob sets, and that was from keeping it in my pocket. But I haven't had any minifig heads printed on softer plastic like Dobby's or CW Yoda's, so I can see how those would cause problems.

I touched his eyes since it's a new print and stuff, now he only has one eye left. This sucks.

The thing with the printing of heads and such has happened to me a few times with Dobby (The new fig) :hmpf_bad: , 2 Spongebob Headpieces, The magician from Series 1 of the collectible minifigures :oh3: , as well as the cheekbone of the pharoh from series 2 :cry_sad: . The minifigs that happens with are usually made in China, but I'm not entirely sure about the Spongebob headpiece.