gusmoore17

Harry Potter 2010 discussion thread

I forgot to say thanks, Svelte. Thanks! :tongue: I think we're going to hear more at the end of this year. But I think it won't be a Ministry set, I can't imagine how that can be bigger than the Hogwarts set. And indeed, a fifth Hogwarts set would be a bit ridiculous. If it would be something from Deathly Hallows: it should be something massive and very important, and I can't think of something right away. Perhaps the Malfoy mansion, but it doesn't sound very important to put in a LEGO set. I'm placing my bets on Diagon Alley, Harry's first magical experience and a place which returns almost in every book. Or Hogsmeade village in a winter coat, but Diagon Alley is more known.

But whatever set it is, I'm sure it will be a fantastic one and it's purpose probably will be to have the LEGO Harry Potter theme end with a blast. :thumbup:

Maybe a huge Harry Potter statue, like the Yoda UCS? :cry_sad::wink:

4756458895_9f39798997.jpg

You mean like the constantly recurring statue above? :cry_happy:

If they put that in tan and release it, I'll buy it for sure!

Nah id much prefer a mini fig scale set.

Does anyone have any other pics of HP2010 sets from SDCC, TF2010 and more it would be greatly appreciated!

Perhaps it will be the battle of Hogwarts, or like in the new movie, in the Forbidden Forest (I think). It would be pretty good to pick up some generic Deth Eaters and Hogwarts Students, and the scenary would have to be pretty good to match the proposed price tag of over $130! ( :wacko: )

The Quidditch Match set is quite good value! I'll be getting that for sure! :sweet:

Maybe a huge Harry Potter statue, like the Yoda UCS? :cry_sad::wink:

That's unlikely, but a life-size Hedwig is plausible and would be pretty neat. :sweet:

An MMV-style Hogsmead would be great too, though I wouldn't buy it.

Hmmm...

Maybe i was onto something about a UCS Hogwarts, :wink: :wink: :wink:

Probably not, it is more likely that it will be Diagon Alley, but there is a possibility of a Gringotts Bank, or maybe it is just a part of the castle, (Great Hall), or it could be from something else...

Does this mean that we will have several more Harry Potter sets next year to coincide with DH part 2?

Sirius

Does this mean that we will have several more Harry Potter sets next year to coincide with DH part 2?

Probably. Looking at how sucessful HP has been up until the very end, I think TLG simply have to make a set of the final showdown! It would be very strange if they did not, and it would be a dissapointing end to the LEGO line-up IMO.

Edited by Jammiedodger714

This tease has me very excited. :classic:

Any possibility for a large, special edition Harry Potter set is great. Be it Diagon Ally, the Ministry, or the Battle of Hogwarts (:oh:) it is sure to be stunning.

*oh2*

I seriously doubt they'll make ANOTHER Hogwarts Castle.

I want Hogsmeade or Ministry of Magic. Those are really the only ones they could do at that scope. Besides an enormous Hogwarts of course.

~MC

I can't wait for the Harry Potter sets to come out! I will try to buy the 4 smaller sets. The huge set sounds very exciting. Looks like I should save up! :sweet:

I seriously doubt they'll make ANOTHER Hogwarts Castle.

I want Hogsmeade or Ministry of Magic. Those are really the only ones they could do at that scope. Besides an enormous Hogwarts of course.

~MC

Well... if we're guessing about the "big new, bigger than Hogwarts, super-duper exciting set," I doubt Hogwarts can be bigger than Hogwarts, and you're right... they've made enough.

Unless they do a UCS Hogwart's Express, they've done enough butchering of that particular train that they should let it rest.

The only thing I can think of that could possibly be bigger (and I'll assume they mean number of pieces), is MoM... the interior scene where they fought at the end of Order of the Phoenix, with the fountain and everything, and the flues would be pretty cool, but I don't know how interesting it would be to kids to play. I mean, yeah... epic battle, but it's a bit much for something that so little screen time.

Well... if we're guessing about the "big new, bigger than Hogwarts, super-duper exciting set," I doubt Hogwarts can be bigger than Hogwarts, and you're right... they've made enough.

Unless they do a UCS Hogwart's Express, they've done enough butchering of that particular train that they should let it rest.

The only thing I can think of that could possibly be bigger (and I'll assume they mean number of pieces), is MoM... the interior scene where they fought at the end of Order of the Phoenix, with the fountain and everything, and the flues would be pretty cool, but I don't know how interesting it would be to kids to play. I mean, yeah... epic battle, but it's a bit much for something that so little screen time.

I forgot about Gringotts from Deathly Hallow with the Dragon. That could be big.

~MC

Some of you are right, and some of are you wrong :wink:

I can safely assure you it's not a UCS Harry :wacko:

I also have no idea if it means there will be more sets, but I doubt it's an indication of anything as it has obviously been in the works for some time and I imagine whether they proceed with a wave 2 will depend on sales of wave 1 in the lead up to Xmas.

Hmmm...

Svelte, can you tell us if this is a building or something else?

A UCS style Hogwarts express actually has some merit. Considering the AFOL response to the regular set, i would not really be surprised to see it become an Emerald Night-level train.

Sirius

My personal opinion is that a USC Hogwarts Express is most likely, but I would hope that it would come with a load of figs otherwise it will not be worth it

I don't know much more than the rest of you. Taunting is just my specialty! :grin: All I know is a price (which is more than the US price for the new Hogwarts) and a name. I haven't seen any pics or set description. That's all I will say :wink:

A UCS style Hogwarts express actually has some merit. Considering the AFOL response to the regular set, i would not really be surprised to see it become an Emerald Night-level train.

I really don't understand all this talk of an Emerald Night Hogwarts, to be honest. Something that detailed was never going to be released in a regular set, especially not with all the new minifigs and moulds (the Emerald Night as it is only has 3 generic City figs). Add figs and license charge and the Hogwarts set would easily double in price.

All those people that want an Emerald Night Hogwarts - why not just Bricklink the red pieces which come in dark green in the Emerald Night and swap them over for the engine and tender? If you have the old Hogwarts you can even use the red train windows for the passenger car, and it's not like red is an uncommon colour for everything else. It doesn't seem a particularly tricky mod - has anyone tried this?

I don't know much more than the rest of you. Taunting is just my specialty! :grin: All I know is a price (which is more than the US price for the new Hogwarts) and a name. I haven't seen any pics or set description. That's all I will say :wink:

Where is this info coming from?

All those people that want an Emerald Night Hogwarts - why not just Bricklink the red pieces which come in dark green in the Emerald Night and swap them over for the engine and tender? If you have the old Hogwarts you can even use the red train windows for the passenger car, and it's not like red is an uncommon colour for everything else. It doesn't seem a particularly tricky mod - has anyone tried this?

YES.

Brilliant! I knew I'd seen one somewhere.

Now get rid of the 10194 stickers, stick the 5972 Hogwarts radar dish on the front, add a sweets trolley and a Dementor and you're sorted! :laugh:

Brilliant! I knew I'd seen one somewhere.

Now get rid of the 10194 stickers, stick the 5972 Hogwarts radar dish on the front, add a sweets trolley and a Dementor and you're sorted! :laugh:

It would be similar, but not quite accurate, the front of the train especially is different. Do they even make the 4 by 2 slopes on the Emerald Night in red?

Would you mind telling us the name and the price?

Thanks

Sirius

I'm not saying anything else. You'll all have to be patient now :wink: