Sir Dillon

Castle Sets 2010

Larger pics of the battle-pacs

Are those the old Prelim Pics? I thought that the hips for the lions were black and the dragons had another torso.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

The Kingdoms sets have appeared on the shelfs of Finnish stores, and now I too am a very happy owner of the Wizard, the Jester and the Prison Tower Rescue.

I have to say, even though the minifigs are once again the highlight of this theme for me, there's plenty of interesting new parts included in the sets. The tower of the Dragon Knights, for example, is much more impressive once you get to see into every nook and cranny and view it from every angle, than it is in the pictures.

My order at spielwarenkontor24 has been shipped today! Hopefully the stuff arrives before the long weekend. :tongue: Gonna check out my local stores in the enxt days if they start to appear here aswell.

The Kingdom sets are now available at S@H USA, Canada :thumbup:

You mean the print that doesn't exist in this picture. :tongue: Yeah it's prelim, cause we've already seen pictures of how the figure really looks like, and it actually has printed legs and hat.

To give you a heads-up, i just saw that all 2010 instructions are now up. They are to be found under "castle", though.

I do not like the description of the red faction. In every single sentence Lego announces, how good, fair and brave the red faction is... Again the stupid and boring good vs evil conflict? :cry_sad:

I think it is very important to teach children, that there is more then black and white, good and evil...

However... at least Lego did not announced how evil the green faction is... that fact makes me look forward. :sceptic:

Edited by josykay

I do not like the description of the red fraction. In every single sentence Lego announces, how good, fair and brave the red fraction is... Again the stupid and boring good vs evil conflict? :cry_sad:

I think it is very important to teach children, that there is more then black and white, good and evil...

However... at least Lego did not announced how evil the green fraction is... that fact makes me look forward. :sceptic:

First of all, it's spelled FACTION. Fraction is a completely other word, meaning a part of something. :tongue:

Secondly, I agree that the "good vs. evil" thing is a huge cliché in our grown-up minds, but that's how kids conceive the world. Kids learn to see more of the "shades of gray" as they grow up. Having a bunch of neutral factions would be another option, but kids would only end up dividing them into good and evil factions themselves.

Besides, you yourself are limiting your own options, nobody else. So you want to make the Lions more evil? Go ahead, don't let their shiny armor and white dresses stop you. :wink: The kids might not know it, but there's a lot of evil done at the pretense of being good and perfect and all that. An angel's face may just as well hide a devil's mind. :wink:

First of all, it's spelled FACTION. Fraction is a completely other word, meaning a part of something. :tongue:

Ah damn, I hate it. I try to write English but sometimes I write some kind of German:

The word faction means "Fraktion" in the German language. :blush:

The word faction means "Fraktion" in the German language. :blush:

Oh, now I get why so many people spell the word wrong here! :oh:

I apologize, I didn't know of this, I thought people were just ignorant or something... :blush:

Received all the available Kingdoms sets yesterday. Started with the big one and I must say the castle gate really is a nice build.

Didn't expect the gate system to work so wel. I noticed they used quite a bit of smaller parts where they could've used big bricks so that's nice.

I stopped after the gate as it was getting late but the set does look promising.

Ow and the figs are great but the Dragon Knight looks awesome. The best by far, even without his armor.

I noticed from the instruction, that there is actually a little table with goblet inside the gatehouse. That's the first time ever that there is any interior in a castle gatehouse, that's really nice!

the sets are now up on S@H in the uk. Got to say im pretty dissapointed in the prices, they seem very steep. Outpost attack is £19.99 but this set is also $19.99 in the US despite the currency differences. It should be 14.99 max.

I was really pleased to see flying dragons in the official page set animations. Still leaves hope that we will see them in a set. ) :thumbup:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Yaaay! The kingdoms are in Polish S@H too!

*Looks on prices*

Seriously Lego... WTF?

40zl for 50 pieces?!

At least they are not so bad looking on US prices...

I was really pleased to see flying dragons in the official page set animations. Still leaves hope that we will see them in a set. )

I saw that too and wondered if dragons would appear in the next wave.

Though the prices on the sets are crazy, $70.00 CAD for a 365 piece set, and $130.00 CAD for the castle.

I don't think I'll be getting as many sets as I was thinking. :sceptic:

What really surprises me is the price of the battle packs. They are quite expensive considering that the collectable minifig line is going for $1.99 ($2.99 here in Canada). The battle packs are considerably pricier with only five figures to a pack at $14.99 ($19.99 Canadian). That's seven collectable figures vs. five generic soldiers. I was hoping that with the introduction of these collectable figures the battle pack pricing would be a tad more reasonable. I guess not. At these prices, the new Lion and Dragon Knights will end up being a minor faction in my Kingdom. One of the main two sets, a few battle packs and a couple of calenders is it this year for me.

Christmas just came early to me! Well..kinda :tongue: So glad the stuff arrived before the weekend. Gonna do a review on the battle pack later today. I was quite amazed when i opened the package, that they actually gave me an extra 30061 promo set for FREE! :oh3:

s73f7041.jpg

Lucky eh ? 'metalandi'

Oh, yeah I just checked an Australian retailer's web site that 4 of the Kingdom's sets will be available in mid-June instead of September - very odd !

I'm making enquiries in the next few days to comfirm if Oz is getting another dam single retailer exclusive ! :wacko:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

I just opened the battle pak, and unfortunately there is a noteable difference in quality to normal figs. Though, the printing is very good i must say. But i saw at the first sight, that the plastic beeing used is different than on normal figs. It's less "glossy" somehow. Also, the weapons tend to not stay very well in place in the hands, and on one fig the legs move too easy. More on all that in the review later.

Lucky eh ? 'metalandi'

Oh, yeah I just checked an Australian retailer's web site that 4 of the Kingdom's sets will be available in mid-June instead of September - very odd !

I'm making enquiries in the next few days to comfirm if Oz is getting another dam single retailer exclusive ! :wacko:

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Saw this earlier, might be of interest

http://brickset.com/news/article/?ID=702

I just opened the battle pak, and unfortunately there is a noteable difference in quality to normal figs. Though, the printing is very good i must say. But i saw at the first sight, that the plastic beeing used is different than on normal figs. It's less "glossy" somehow. Also, the weapons tend to not stay very well in place in the hands, and on one fig the legs move too easy. More on all that in the review later.

That's true noticed it in both my battle packs AND ALL Kingdoms sets I bought!!!!! Weapons just fall off really easy from the minifig's hands!!! :(