Nabii

LEGO Collectable Minifigures General Discussion

I don't read this topic that much(it's mostly saying where you found them and when) but I saw 11 at Borders and bought 6:

Karate guy :classic:

Cop :sceptic:

Singer :sweet:

Cop :hmpf_bad:

Lifegaurd :sweet:

Cop :cry_sad:

I wish I got something else instead of the Cop 3 times in a row(and they were $4 each :hmpf: ). At least I'll know it's a safe spot from the Collecting Vampires. :sadnew:

I don't read this topic that much(it's mostly saying where you found them and when) but I saw 11 at Borders and bought 6:

Karate guy :classic:

Cop :sceptic:

Singer :sweet:

Cop :hmpf_bad:

Lifegaurd :sweet:

Cop :cry_sad:

I wish I got something else instead of the Cop 3 times in a row(and they were $4 each :hmpf: ). At least I'll know it's a safe spot from the Collecting Vampires. :sadnew:

Once you own a couple and are used to how the parts feel (you could probably also estimate based on feeling the size of a normal minifig and guessing the size and shape of the accessories), you can easily identify them by feeling the bags (assuming you have time). Some, like the Witch and Mexican, are easy to identify due to having large, distinctive pieces. Others are harder, but by process of elimination you can identify them (i.e. figure out which ones it certainly does not feel like). My brother and I got our first four figs using the barcodes, but after that we were able to pick out the Pop Star, Skier, Weightlifter, Mime, Spartan, and Disco Dude by feeling the bags.

And yeah, Borders has ridiculous prices on these, but I think that's the case for all their LEGO products. They might even be worse than Toys 'R' Us in that respect (never really compared prices between the two stores, since usually I'd get a better deal than either at a Target, Wal-Mart, or independent toy store).

$4 is outrageous. I thoughts $3 was ridiculous.

$4 is good if you know what you are getting and WANT the specific fig.

$4 is outrageous. I thoughts $3 was ridiculous.

$4 is good if you know what you are getting and WANT the specific fig.

It's okay for me, at least I didn't have to go to Bricklink(which I barely ever use anymore) and they're the only ones I've seen in a store. I don't care which specific ones I get, but I'll try to not get multiples again.

Something I was just thinking about and was wondering if anyone could help me with. I was just looking at collectible minifig parts to see what their 5-digit part ID#s were. I used Bricklink for part of this, but Bricklink isn't even perfectly accurate on this with regards to new versions of older parts (for instance, the Disco Dude's record is part 88409 despite being almost identical to part 3068, the standard 2x2 tile).

Here's my list so far. Asterisks show new versions of already-existing parts:

87990 Ponytail (Nurse)

87991 Hair (Skater/Surfer)

87992 Helmet (Robot)

87995 Afro (Clown/Disco Dude)

87997 Pom-Pom (Cheerleader)

87999 Hair/Beard (Caveman)

88409* 2x2 Tile (Nurse/Disco Dude)

88426* Long Ponytail (Cheerleader/Lifeguard)

88431* Shovel (Zombie)

88432* Turkey Drumstick (Zombie)

88646 3x4 Minifigure Base

90301 Maraca (Maraca Man)

90307 Sombrero (Maraca Man)

90370 Microphone (Pop Star)

90386 Beret (Mime)

90392 Helmet (Spartan)

90394 Bat (Vampire)

90395 Floatation Device (Lifeguard)

90396 Long Hair (Pop Star)

90397 Surfboard (Surfer)

90398 Trophy (Karate Master)

90460* Pointed Hat (Witch)

90461* Receding Hair (Karate Master/Vampire)

90462* Nemes Headdress (Pharaoh)

90509 Ski (Skier)

90512* 1x2x2 Slope Brick (Witch)

90514 Ski Pole (Skier)

90541 Beanie (Skier)

91049 Weight (Weightlifter)

91884 Shield (Spartan)

And then there are several parts I couldn't find part ID#s on.

So here's the favor I'd like to ask. Could anyone who has collectible minifigs with parts I don't have listed check those parts for part ID#s? I already checked all of the new versions of standard minifig part molds, so there's no need to take your actual minifigure's legs, hands, and arms off and risk weakening the joints, but other things like hair pieces and accessories would be useful to know about. If you're unsure about whether a part that looks old is retooled, compare the ID# you find with the one listed for the part on Bricklink (which should presumably list only the ID# for the older version).

Thanks in advance for your help. I don't really need this information for anything important, but this is just the sort of tedious nonsense I live for. :laugh:

EDIT: Just added the Bat from the Vampire, the sloped "dress" and pointed hat from the Witch, and the Nemes Headdress from the Pharaoh (all figs I obtained today). I also obtained the Mexican, whose parts I already had listed.

Observations about my newest figs:

• The reddish brown of the Mexican's pants are of decidedly different color quality than other reddish-brown parts. They're a lighter color than other reddish-brown parts. However, they're not any more translucent, so there's some mixed signals as far as actual color quality is concerned. Just know that it probably won't match your other reddish-brown parts (although those aren't always consistent even in regular sets).
  • The Mexican's poncho is amazing. The red and green printing on the tan poncho produces a very authentic-looking color.
  • The Pharaoh's staff is way better quality than the Atlantis tridents as far as durability is concerned. It doesn't scratch away no matter which direction you clip it into the hand from. It's a lot more on-par with the Pirates cutlasses-- slightly different texture and flexibility than the usual ABS plastic, but similar hardness.
  • The witch's broom is also very good quality, on-par with the Spartan's spear (and having much better color quality than the Maraca Man's pants mentioned above). If only they'd added one more level of similarity and made the "brush" part of it a co-injected rubbery plastic like the Spartan's spear-tip-- that would have been awesome!
  • The witch's printing is awesome. Her face is Bright Green (one shade lighter than "dark green", known as regular green by AFOLs), and her lipstick and warts are printed in Earth Green (the color AFOLs call Dark Green-- yeah, it's complicated). Her torso and dress printing works really effectively.
  • The sombrero, surprisingly, fits the Brick Daddy alien fig from the Space Police theme. Although the fig's head is designed to fit regular headgear (he wears a purple fedora in the set he comes in), he can't wear most stuff because he has a shorter-than-usual head (two plates tall) with "tentacle hair" in the back. So only a select few hats can fit him (at least, out of those I have with me at college).
  • The Pharaoh is just another example of how the new metallic gold color is so much better than the old one (which appears in this year's Atlantis sets on the treasure rings, as well as in various older sets). It's a much closer match to Pearl Gold, a.k.a. Warm Gold (the official LEGO name) and less like the terribly-out-of-date Sand Yellow Metallic. It's still not a perfect match, but it's preferable to what we were dealing with before.
  • The Pharaoh's face, despite what I'd previously thought, is not merely a two-color print. His eyes, cheekbones, and mouth are all printed in black, and his eyes have a white shine, just as I expected, but his eyelids and eyebrows are printed in Earth Blue (dark blue to AFOLs).

Edited by Aanchir

I have a question: Does ayone save the leaflets from the polybags? I only save on or two to put into the 'Ol Instruction Binder™

I don't throw any Lego-related items out, so I have one lying on my desk.

I don't throw any Lego-related items out, so I have one lying on my desk.

Me too, I've kept everyone and each fig has its own small ziplock bag, I got 300 for like $3.

I have a question: Does ayone save the leaflets from the polybags? I only save on or two to put into the 'Ol Instruction Binder™

I don't throw mine out (they're great to have on hand for reference when I don't want to pull up Brickset or the official Minifigures site), but I haven't really found anything to do with them. My instruction booklets (at least, those I have with me at college) are mainly just stacked up inside a box from a LEGO set, and I haven't really found a way to keep smaller instructions from impulse sets tidy.

During a visit to my local TRU today, I noticed that their minifigs are now selling for $5. I had to look twice. Not real happy with TRU pricing at all.

During a visit to my local TRU today, I noticed that their minifigs are now selling for $5. I had to look twice. Not real happy with TRU pricing at all.

???!!!

That much! We all need to stop buying from TRU. :hmpf_bad:

???!!!

That much! We all need to stop buying from TRU. :hmpf_bad:

Yes. Or at least only buy the sets at MSRP :tongue:

I hope TRU knows that the M in MSRP stands for maximum...

I'm pretty sure they're breaking some random law by jackin' up the prices. :sadnew:

I'm pretty sure they're breaking some random law by jackin' up the prices. :sadnew:

Customs need to stop imports of these. :tongue:

Wait, there is no customs anymore. :cry_sad:

It actually stands for "Manufacturer," as in Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. The key word there is "Suggested."

It was in the seasonal/Halloween section like other have been seeing.

Oddly enough, I now have a total of 48 between the ones I bought at toys r us andnthe ones at target. Not a single vampire. I've gotten everything else though.

It sounds to me like you might want to try checking those barcodes (assuming you do in fact want the vampire). Also, I wonder whether other people (at least in your area) might be preferentially picking out vampires over other figures because they want to have it for Halloween (oddly, a week or two ago I was in my own local Target and they'd nearly sold out of their most recent shipment, and IIRC they had only six minifigs left, one of which was a vampire).

In response to a request he made in another thread, here's my update of Aanchir's list. Asterisks show new versions of already-existing parts; bold indicates parts I've added:

87990 Ponytail (Nurse)

87991 Hair (Skater/Surfer)

87992 Helmet (Robot)

87995 Afro (Clown/Disco Dude)

87997 Pom-Pom (Cheerleader)

87999 Hair/Beard (Caveman)

88408* Swim Fin (Deep Sea Diver)

88409* 2x2 Tile (Nurse/Disco Dude)

88410* Fedora (Cowboy)

88412* Top Hat (Magician/Ringmaster)

88413* Quiver (Forestman/Tribal Hunter)

88415* Helmet (Deep Sea Diver)

88417* SCUBA Tank (Deep Sea Diver)

88418* Long Hair With Headband (Tribal Hunter)

88420* Katana (Ninja)

88422* Skateboard (Skater)

88423* Small Wheels on Axle (Skater)

88425* Hair with Side Part (Magician)

88426* Long Ponytail (Cheerleader/Lifeguard)

88429* Feathers (Tribal Hunter)

88430* Ninja Wrap (Ninja)

88431* Shovel (Zombie)

88432* Turkey Drumstick (Zombie)

88489* Pointed Cap (Forestman)

88510* Helmet (Spaceman) (very hard to read this one; it could be 88570, but I think not)

88630* 1x2 Tile (Demolition Dummy/Traffic Cop)

88631* Wrench (Demolition Dummy)

88646 3x4 Minifigure Base

90301 Maraca (Maraca Man)

90307 Sombrero (Maraca Man)

90370 Microphone (Pop Star)

90386 Beret (Mime)

90392 Helmet (Spartan)

90394 Bat (Vampire)

90395 Floatation Device (Lifeguard)

90396 Long Hair (Pop Star)

90397 Surfboard (Surfer)

90398 Trophy (Karate Master)

90460* Pointed Hat (Witch)

90461* Receding Hair (Karate Master/Vampire)

90462* Nemes Headdress (Pharaoh)

90509 Ski (Skier)

90512* 1x2x2 Slope Brick (Witch)

90514 Ski Pole (Skier)

90541 Beanie (Skier)

91049 Weight (Weightlifter)

91735* Handcuffs (Traffic Cop)

91884 Shield (Spartan)

"And then there are several parts I couldn't find part ID#s on," as you say. Some of them do have what I believe to be mold numbers - numbers which indicate which specific mold out of several molds molded that particular part (I hope someone will be good enough to correct me if I'm wrong!) Some parts with such numbers do also have a notice like "© 2009 LEGO," though this isn't on all of them, either.

One final detail you may find amusing: I used the (quite functional!) Magnifying Glass that came with one of my Explorers to read the part numbers on some of the other elements.

Apologies for anything I've overlooked, but I think this covers everything that does have a part number, aside from core minifig elements like the head, torso, etc.

In response to a request he made in another thread, here's my update of Aanchir's list. Asterisks show new versions of already-existing parts; bold indicates parts I've added:

"And then there are several parts I couldn't find part ID#s on," as you say. Some of them do have what I believe to be mold numbers - numbers which indicate which specific mold out of several molds molded that particular part (I hope someone will be good enough to correct me if I'm wrong!) Some parts with such numbers do also have a notice like "© 2009 LEGO," though this isn't on all of them, either.

One final detail you may find amusing: I used the (quite functional!) Magnifying Glass that came with one of my Explorers to read the part numbers on some of the other elements.

Apologies for anything I've overlooked, but I think this covers everything that does have a part number, aside from core minifig elements like the head, torso, etc.

Great work! And great thinking using the magnifying glass to identify small and hard-to-read part numbers!

Overall, that makes 28 parts from Series 1 identified (plus 10 that lack part numbers), 20 parts from Series 2 (plus eight that lack part numbers), plus six body parts and three types of fabric neckwear.

Thanks a lot for your help! Really helps satisfy my curiosity!

I was last days by my local lego dealer and he told me the 3rd wave will MAYBE have also identification numbers for every different fig, so we can MAYBE crack the codes of the figs. And the colour for the 4th wave will be orange.

The color for the 4th range will indeed be orange. The Spartan helmet (with the feather in gold metallic = same color as the helmet itself) will be part of the biggest 2011 Atlantis set that looks like an underwater (Greek) temple.

Edited by jamtf

I don't know if that video has been posted yet, but personaly i thought it was hilarious...and true !!

"Just one word of warning, there is “adult” language in this video"

I don't know if that video has been posted yet, but personaly i thought it was hilarious...and true !!

Normally I'm not very interested in Lego videos, but that was well worth watching.

For series one, I kept one out (as a purchase guide) and put the rest back in their pouch after opening. (I keep the pouches for some odd reason. LOL)

For series one, I kept one out (as a purchase guide) and put the rest back in their pouch after opening. (I keep the pouches for some odd reason. LOL)

Same here. From now on I'm going to keep every pouch and every leaflet. I did that for series 2, but for series 1 I threw most packs away.

I even keep the clear bags I cut open inside my (box) sets, and the sticker sheets, even though the stickers are removed. I figure if I'm keeping the box anyway...

Same here. From now on I'm going to keep every pouch and every leaflet. I did that for series 2, but for series 1 I threw most packs away.

I even keep the clear bags I cut open inside my (box) sets, and the sticker sheets, even though the stickers are removed. I figure if I'm keeping the box anyway...

I keep the pouches and leaflets for the collectible figs because, they don't have instruction sheets to keep, so those are the next best things. LOL

I don't keep my set boxes etc...just the instruction sheets and some of the larger set boxes to store them all inside.

It sounds to me like you might want to try checking those barcodes (assuming you do in fact want the vampire). Also, I wonder whether other people (at least in your area) might be preferentially picking out vampires over other figures because they want to have it for Halloween (oddly, a week or two ago I was in my own local Target and they'd nearly sold out of their most recent shipment, and IIRC they had only six minifigs left, one of which was a vampire).

I checked the barcodes, thats how I know I didn't get any Vampires.