Nabii

LEGO Collectable Minifigures General Discussion

This sounds like a great selection, thanks for the details! Do you have any details about the quality of the plastic, do they look like normal minifigs or keychain Chinese quality?

They did look like regular plastic to me, I was actually very impressed how great they looked! Series one is supposed to be out in June as we all know, the second series in September will be packed in blue bags by the way.

I believe they were giving out some figures to select customers at the Nuremberg Toy Fair, but I was not among the chosen few. I'll admit though that I was happy just to see them.

Frank

Edited by homoludens

I wonder how many AFOLs out there are givin a serious consideration into buying the whole box. It is a safer bet than buying bags sporadically or buying from bl if you want many of the rare figs.

I guess I qualify for one of those "buy by the box" people. I want/will buy at least 4 boxes of these when they come out... same with series two. :thumbup:

I guess I qualify for one of those "buy by the box" people. I want/will buy at least 4 boxes of these when they come out... same with series two. :thumbup:

That would be like $1500 plus tax.

Considering you seem to have the money to spend on minifigures that I spent on LEGOs in the last several years combined, can you buy me a box of each? :tongue:

That would be like $1500 plus tax.

Considering you seem to have the money to spend on minifigures that I spent on LEGOs in the last several years combined, can you buy me a box of each? :tongue:

What can I say, I'm a heavy spender. :laugh:

They did look like regular plastic to me, I was actually very impressed how great they looked! Series one is supposed to be out in June as we all know, the second series in September will be packed in blue bags by the way.

I believe they were giving out some figures to select customers at the Nuremberg Toy Fair, but I was not among the chosen few. I'll admit though that I was happy just to see them.

Frank

Well this gives me hope that the quality of the minifigs may be better than what I expected!

This also means that pictures of the second batch could surface pretty soon on the Internet!

Thank you very much for the information, homoludens! :classic:

Second wave seems to be just as great as the first one, I better start saving. The Roman and Mexican sound especially interesting to me.

The Baywatch minifigure is indeed a female :classic:

I can also confirm the vampire plus

- judo fighter (with a great detail: a mini-trophy that looks like a mini-figure)

- Mexican with Sombrero

- 70s like guy with black curly hair

- witch

- Pharao

- Roman :thumbup:

- surfer

- guy with skis

. female singer

- weightlifter

- thief

- ringmaster

They all sound so awesome thanks for the news!

I wonder how many AFOLs out there are givin a serious consideration into buying the whole box. It is a safer bet than buying bags sporadically or buying from bl if you want many of the rare figs.

I have contemplated buying the whole box but then when I added up how much the whole box would cost it seemed pretty unrealistic with my budget.

I think the Roman is going to be the most expensive on BrickLink... from what I've heard, the fact that one of these minifigs has a new mould doesn't guarantee it's going to ever be seen again, so this may be the ONLY opportunity to get a Roman helmet.

And I think there are going to be a few people who want to make an entire Roman Legion, so that's like at least 20+ of the same helmet and torso and legs (I imagine the legs will have Roman armour printed on it) mixed with other heads. And that's only a really small 4x5 Roman formation.

Yeah... that's going to be the most expensive army building experience ever. :tongue:

Thanks for sharing those figs... still no pirate I see. Still, there are a couple left, so maybe...

I imagine quite a few AFOLs will buy a whole box, take the figs they like and sell the rest on BL (given that everyone will like different figs, I doubt there will be an oversupply of any one fig on BL)

I think the Roman is going to be the most expensive on BrickLink... from what I've heard, the fact that one of these minifigs has a new mould doesn't guarantee it's going to ever be seen again, so this may be the ONLY opportunity to get a Roman helmet.

Who ever said it was going to be a warrior? When I saw "roman" I thought toga... :wink:

And I hope the 70's guy has a handlebar mustache and a recolor of the clown wig for an afro :laugh:

Wow.

The Roman looks great, so does the Mexican. The Vampire is cool and I really like the new Ski pieces.

All we need now is a look from the other side of the display :classic:

New pics

:sweet:

A great thanks for this legomilk!

Man, they look absolutely beautiful! The mexican, the Roman soldier, the Pam minifig (what do you mean "Pam who"? :wink: ), the vampire, even the skiier. all minifigs are amazing!

Great move TLG! This is going to be one interesting year!

It's actually a greek, not a roman. At least the helmet and shield are greek. It seems like the second wave will be even better then the first one :cry_happy:

It's actually a greek, not a roman. At least the helmet and shield are greek.

Since it's LEGO, I can't really be %100 sure that's why I wrote Roman. If this minifig turns out to be a Greek soldier, I'm gonna buy souvlaki for all in here because I will be VERY HAPPY! :cry_happy::sweet:

They all look great, I hope so much that the quality will be on par with regular minifigs! I wonder if the maracas are painted turkey legs? :laugh:

They all look great, I hope so much that the quality will be on par with regular minifigs! I wonder if the maracas are painted turkey legs? :laugh:

They look like a new part too me:

lego41.JPG

(there are pictures of other 2010 sets if you change the numbers in the end of the URL) :wink:

The fact that TLG is making so many new moulds for these sets suggests that they will be produced in VERY large quantities (so as to spread the costs of the moulds out over as many copies as possible)

I bet that Greek soldier is going to be expensive on Bricklink. And indeed... looks like they're really expecting this to be a huge success considering the amount of new molds. It of course adds to the "collectors' value" that these molds are going to be used exclusively for these sets, so it's also a necessity.

I love the soldier and the mexican! This makes me want a theme accompaning these figs so much :cry_happy:

Edited by metalandi

This really excites me again, thanks guys for sharing this piece of wonderful news! :wub:

Anyone has the complete list of the upcoming 16 minfigs? So, I can do up the second season poll. :grin: