On a scale of 1 to 5  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding!

Thanks for the review! Definitely not the first Atlantis set I'll get, but still looks pretty good to me. I personally don't mind the new teeth, even if they are rubbery... a little variety never hurt anyone, and they can be easily recycled in MOCS. Now if only someone would get a hold of a Neptune Carrier... :cry_happy:

Thanks for this review, could you maybe give us a frontal shot of the shark, cause in this side shot he looks awefull... :cry_sad:

Thanks for the review! You provided some great pics of the minifig and new elements, but not so much of the set itself. It would be nice if you could add some more pics of the shark. :wink:

I think you convinced me that this is a better buy than the set with the crab. This set is 10 USD more, but it comes with a lot more new elements and an awesome fig. It has the cutest scared face to date! :laugh:

I love the barbs! They remind me of the finlets on a tuna.

blue-fin-tuna1.jpg

What is that thing at the end of the shark supposed to be ?

I think that's top of the caudal fin, and it's extremely long!

Overall I get the impression that these creatures are mechanical or biomechanical in nature, because they all have a little something extra from their more realistic counterparts. A shark with barbs. The crab has multiple compound eyes (with the exception of the horseshoe crab most just have the two.) And the giant squid has a spinning ring of teeth.

These are the reasons why I love it and likely the same reasons why some of you don't.

Fantastical creatures for a fantastic theme. :thumbup: Brick built beasts are back!

nice... actually looking forward to buying the mini fig... but the shark is kinda weird....

i love the minifig! :D

Thanks for the review, I was hoping to see some Atlantis reviews soon.

I agree with ghoulrealm, the creatures seem somewhat mechanical and I happen to like that. I just hope that they will import these sets here, still no sign of SPIII here.

That doesn't really make sense - do we need to buy all 6 sets (or however many have keys) to open one Gate? :wacko:

Makes perfect sense, think The Legend of Zelda. You're to defeat each of the monsters to collect keys that will eventually open the way to the next one, a boss of sorts. Kids will understand the concept and I think it actually adds a little something to the sets since each one will have a unique piece as a result.

Aside from some of the minifigs and accessories, it's probably the most positive aspect of the sets so far, it sets up the quest concept that belongs in a theme based on a fictional kingdom.

Thanks for the review Mariann Asanuma. I love the fig and your detailed pictures really show all the nice bits of him, but ultimately this is my least favourite set of the line and wasn't necessary at all in my eyes. It has a very similar construction to the Aquaraiders shark except wit strange stickers and some different features, but ultimately is very similar. Still I do love those pieces, so I hope that those who do buy it can be happy with it.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

could you maybe give us a frontal shot of the shark,

Yes, some full frontal shark nudity!

Steve

Marianne great pics. First pics i've seen of anything from the Atlantis series. Hope they come out with some big stuff.

the shark is kinda disappointing, as in no where near as good as the aqua raiders shark, Could you re-size your pics please?

The tail fin reminds me of a thresher shark, due to how long it is.

Will try to get this, but I think the Aqua Raiders shark from 07 is a bit better.