ForceMaster

Space Police 2010

Yup, here it is, the Undercover Cruiser before transformation:

4357877962_e1fbb8e504_b.jpg

The undercover cruiser looks awesome :cry_happy:

If you take a closer look at the wing at the engines you can see a sticker with the post or transport symbol of lego.

I think it ought to look like a transport ship.

Very cool ^^

hey, ya know that gun that the commando guy is holding? check out this image:

the image

look under the lunar limo, there is a pic of the base's minifigs. who's holding the Axe gun?!

( it could just be prelim...)

Edited by cheesey skrall

the image

look under the lunar limo, there is a pic of the base's minifigs. who's holding the gun?!

This is the old space piece:

3959.png

the image

look under the lunar limo, there is a pic of the base's minifigs. who's holding the gun?!

Forget the commando; look at the gun the insectoid is holding!

Guys, someone saw one of the pics earlier, the axe is trans light blue.

I was an avid space nut as a kid and the Star Wars line brought me back from my dark age in 2001. I didn't care for Mars Mission much and some of the more recent space sets were pretty ordinary. I was initially very excited to see that the Space Police were coming back in 2009, but then I saw the sets, which looked very ordinary. None of the aliens interested me much and the only human set that grabbed my interest was the big cruiser (for $150 AU I will be picking it up on clearance, if at all). Compared to the awesomeness of the 2007/08/09 castle sets and the 2009 Pirates line, the 2009 space line was a letdown.

Having said all of that I am fanatically excited about the new Message Intercept Base ripoff :). I am equally as excited at the new police fighter craft. In fact the whole 2010 line just looks so good that I'm almost glad they canned the Pirates as that will free up some of my budget for the new space stuff :tongue: .

Now, if only I had a better paying job to feed my addiction (and more space in the house - pun intended).

The base is amazing. A great mix of modern and classic and is exactly what LEGO should be aiming for in new sets.

Plus it's the first base in years to use a baseplate, and it's in dark bley. The "car" seen here....

http://toyfair2010.figures.com/showphoto.php/photo/933

...has the best use of it's cockpit piece I have ever seen.

This is my 666 comment! YAY!!! :vader:

Edited by The Green Brick Giant

Lulz. Lookie here. The base has a cabinet for evidence, as well as a compartment for a "sniffer frog". :laugh: That made my day right there. Even if the white, black, and orange stickers give me a leftover-Mars-Mission feel. :tongue:

Full folder here.

Lulz. Lookie here. The base has a cabinet for evidence, as well as a compartment for a "sniffer frog". :laugh: That made my day right there. Even if the white, black, and orange stickers give me a leftover-Mars-Mission feel. :tongue:

Full folder here.

I hope it comes with a frog!

These new pictures are very good and show a lot more details than what we had before. We can now see how the police station garage door is set up with a SNOT frame. I still think the garage should have been a different color though, and I will probably replace the yellow garage pieces in mine with some other color. I can still use them in other places for Blacktron 1 MOCs.

I was an avid space nut as a kid and the Star Wars line brought me back from my dark age in 2001. I didn't care for Mars Mission much and some of the more recent space sets were pretty ordinary. I was initially very excited to see that the Space Police were coming back in 2009, but then I saw the sets, which looked very ordinary. None of the aliens interested me much and the only human set that grabbed my interest was the big cruiser (for $150 AU I will be picking it up on clearance, if at all). Compared to the awesomeness of the 2007/08/09 castle sets and the 2009 Pirates line, the 2009 space line was a letdown.

I somewhat agree with you, but if you're referring to the Galactic Enforcer, that one set made up for the rest of the line for me. I think it's at least as good as any of the large space flagships TLG has made in the past. The only real downside is that it came out in an era of low quality and minimal printed bricks.

I hope it comes with a frog!

I'm thinking, if they're keeping the color scheme, we'll be in for a white frog. While a bit strange, it's welcomed.

I'm thinking, if they're keeping the color scheme, we'll be in for a white frog. While a bit strange, it's welcomed.

Or orange, most likely orange.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Sniffer frog... Do they mean that literally?

I'm excited about the Lunar Limo. I'll probably put the gold head on "the Brickfather", and find a "reject" minifig to put the normal head on. That will most likely be one of the police minifigs (fits better look-wise, and I already have five).

Sniffer frog... Do they mean that literally?

I'm excited about the Lunar Limo. I'll probably put the gold head on "the Brickfather", and find a "reject" minifig to put the normal head on. That will most likely be one of the police minifigs (fits better look-wise, and I already have five).

I think it's supposed to be like a drug-sniffing dog, or, alternatively, a bloodhound (i.e. sniffing evidence and tracking whatever crook's scent is on it). Of course, there's no way they could put the word "drug" on an actual LEGO set, so unless the S@H description elucidates that we'll never know which they mean. :tongue:

I'm glad to see the Police is looking into more serious criminals now, not just thieves, but they are now chasing down intergalactic pimps too :tongue:

Anyway, the Limo set really looks like the best of the bunch, at least to me.

I think it's supposed to be like a drug-sniffing dog, or, alternatively, a bloodhound (i.e. sniffing evidence and tracking whatever crook's scent is on it). Of course, there's no way they could put the word "drug" on an actual LEGO set, so unless the S@H description elucidates that we'll never know which they mean. :tongue:

Well yes, I understand the general idea of that, but does that mean we will actually have a frog in it?

I get a feeling that it's a little joke, the fact that it's a frog that apparently looks for illegal material...

I have no idea what the new weapons are supposed to be. People have pointed out the transparent blue axe piece. Maybe it's a laser blade, like a bayonet?

Edited by Delta 38

Well yes, I understand the general idea of that, but does that mean we will actually have a frog in it?

I get a feeling that it's a little joke, the fact that it's a frog that apparently looks for illegal material...

I have no idea what the new weapons are supposed to be. People have pointed out the transparent blue axe piece. Maybe it's a laser blade, like a bayonet?

Presumably there'll be an actual frog-- what else would go in that compartment? What I'm curious about is what color the frog will be-- after all, there's no reason it has to be a typical green Earth frog.

I think the transparent blue axe piece is mainly just supposed to look cool and glowy, like some weapons from Halo. I don't necessarily think it has a function to itself; it's just an awesome-looking part of an awesome-looking weapon.

If anyone doesn't want those transparent axe heads when you get your sets, please let me know! Those looks sweet!

:classic:

WOW ! I like the set with the Gangster ! it' the Set : Lunar limo ..no?? Sorry I 'm french and I speak English..so bad..

The New Space Police wave is very well..I fine..