Sign in to follow this  
Brickthing

Power Miners 2010

The fireblaster is awesome and i'm going tonight to my target which is just twelve blocks away just so I can get dinner and see if they have the Fire Blaster. If it's there i'll see if I can buy it and review it so all of you can enjoy it. There's a good chance they might've put it out because my Target's bad about those kind've things.

Am i the only one that thinks that power miners set is actually pretty cool?

I wonder if that small little power miners vehicle is a set on it's own or if it goes with the lava monster cage set.

Am i the only one that thinks that power miners set is actually pretty cool?

I wonder if that small little power miners vehicle is a set on it's own or if it goes with the lava monster cage set.

I looove power miners! I personally think it's one of the best Lego made themes with clever designs.

Well, there is a water cannon unit on one side, outside the baseplate. Maybe the miners like to torment the poor caged rock beasties... sick freaks!

There seems to be a red tab below one of the cage walls. A catapult/trap door trigger?

Given that this whole structure is mounted over a lava pool, I think the Duplo fishing boat nearby is kind of cute.

Your right about the red tab. You probably push it down and the wall blows off so they rockmonsters can escape.

There is also another one behind the miner on the turret,maybe the wall pops off behind him.

I'm sure a few of you have talked about those new pics on the forntpage. The mods haven't made a "Discuss the Power Miners Pic Here!" for some reason, but, anyway, that monster jail thing, is just....unbelievable. What's the new point? Cooling off lava? That's just...weird. That new visor looking thing for the silver power miners's helmets are cool, and that new rock monster is pretty good, but the color scheme? Lime and blue? Lime and orange can compliment eachother nicely, but lime and blue just isn't natural. And now, instead of drilling, it looks like they're going use water sprayers. ??? Thunder Sprayer, Claw Splasher, Crystal Floater? No comment. Maybe they'll just rename the theme Power Swimmers.

Sorry if I'm ranting, this whole thing is just weird.

If this is the new Power Miners, I'm going to get all the REAL ones soon. That color scheme is just sick. And the new concpet is weird. I get the lava, that's cool, but the water thing? ????? Can you imagine the Thuner Driller with a water cannon instead of a drill? What's this mess called, Power Splashers?

I don't mind the water thing, they can mix water and mining.

However what the hell is going on with the new blue? I understand LEGO adds a new color for the future years of themes to add something new... but this blue? A little would work, but that jail, while a great idea, is a random mess. The little set that was shown at Target.com looks nice because only one or two pieces are that blue color.

So far 2010 is a disaster for me.

Your wishes have been granted!

You now have a Power Miners 2010 pinned discussion thread.

The previous thread has been unpinned but you can continue discussion of the 09 sets there.

I like most everything of the FireBlaster, except that the human minifig seems a b/w oddity in a colorful world.

Okay I went to target last night and they did'nt have the fire blaster :cry_sad: . Oh well they might've only got it in certain Targets or Target.com was cruelly mistaken.

Edited by Forresto

So it is time for magma? :tongue:

(look at my name if you don't get it..)

I like the Fire Blaster alot, especially the new Lava (or magma) monsters!!

@Forresto: Are you sure they are there already? I couldn't imagine a next-year set being available so early...

..but I hope it will be then, as long as it will be in my country too. :tongue: I wonder what the other two sets are...

~General Magma

Hi everone!

I found this picture on the brothers brick today:

61sYQomJuIL_AA400_.jpg

Could this really be a new set?

I would love to see this, because of the new monster, helmet and the new vehicle. :cry_happy:

So, what do you guys think?

nooo... Somone deleted pics!

I just see the one with Jail...

Yes it's have wicked colors- but remeber what you think when you saw orange-lime mix ;]

I will buy jail just for pieces (and monsters)!

tats cool but doesnt it belong in the action section?

I'm so sorry, I thought I was posting in the action section. :wacko:

Can someone please move this thread?

Hi everone!

I found this picture on the brothers brick today:

It's been posted several times in the Power Miners topic. Please check the relevant topic first before posting "news"... and in most cases posting it in that topic makes more sense.

I've merged your topic.

Paanjaang16 posted this a while ago, but only in the Star Wars section of EB.

There are pictures of several new LEGO sets, including Power Miners! The PM set was known already but now you can zoom in on it, the new lava monster looks good!

Here's a link to it, after clicking on it just click on either "LEGO New 2010" or "LEGO novinky 2009", the fifth picture is a PM set.

Click on it to enlarge.

Link

~General Magma :classic:

EDIT: Aargh, first time I can provide some news and then someone beats me to it! :sad:

Curse you! :laugh::tongue:

Edited by General Magma

I like the new heat resistant outfits (as one can assume the light grey minifig bodies represent) Power Miners once again proves that I need to buy the littler sets to add valuable parts to my collection :thumbup: And little bro' is very impressed.