Derek

Prince of Persia 2010

One good question is if this is being released in April worldwide, then why isn't in the first half consumer catalogue then ?

At least we'll get new weapons and animals too when it hits the store shelves.

It is. It's listed as April in the Oz catalogue, but clearly Disney is being funny about releasing set images.

Hey, I got my LEGO Club magazine through the other day and also got the 2010 supplement with it. I know we've seen a small version of this already but thought I'd take the liberty of providing everyone with hi-res scans!

Picture is a link to a large 5+mb image.

prince_of_persia.jpg

Enjoy!

That's kind of remarkable that now - apparently - TLG has two different molds in use for skeletons. Or would they completely resort back to the old mold, now that the Castle 'Fantasy Era' is over?

Bribery usually does the trick :laugh:

I'm glad they're still using the old skeleton. While I understand its comparative uselessness for things where the skeleton is meant to be "undead" (however disproportionate the battle droid arms, they're the only rigid arms around), but for a dead-as-a-doornail skeleton the floppy-armed version is ideal.

Doesn't matter to me- but those weapons are good for Star Wars bounty hunters/special clones also :tongue:

I agree. Still, it's a shame that the weapons aren't attached to the hands, but rather held. Takes out a bit of the usefulness.

Speaking of usefulness, the left knife gauntlet reminds me a lot of the retractable vibroblade used by Clone Commandos. I hope that particular piece is in one of the cheaper sets.

Hey, I got my LEGO Club magazine through the other day and also got the 2010 supplement with it. I know we've seen a small version of this already but thought I'd take the liberty of providing everyone with hi-res scans!

Thanks for the supersized scan, pedro! :sweet:

Unfortunately TLG has asked Flickr to remove my box art stitches (copyright infringement) and they have done the same for FBTB's Flickr account. I do have a backup, though, on Brickshelf. :wink:

And thanks for the high-resolution scan pedro!

Edited by ILikePi

Disney is really clamping down on these, despite the fact that the releases are only a few months away :sceptic:

The first post will NOT be updated for the time being since we'll be asked to remove them anyway.

Save the images (if you already haven't!) while you can.

2 words: Can't. Wait!

I've just cast my eye over these new pictures... these sets are stunning! Even more so than I though... :wub:

The minifgs are superb and look inifinitely useful for other themes. I absolutely love the new head-wrap and other headgear and now there'll be a printed bare torso in cheap set. All those new printed faces too, awesome! The new weapons and accessories inlcuding the claws and twin sword sheath are fantastic. Plus great new LEGO animals and to top it all off , lots and lots of tan and dark tan. Joy!

Thanks for the supersized scan, pedro! :sweet:

My pleasure. I've saved off all those BL files too so I can pour over them repeatedly! :laugh:

(Cheers ILikePi!)

Edited by pedro

I like the one guy with the axe from Hanssassin's Hideout. His head is like half covered.

Saved to pics! So if these are supposed to come out in April, then maybe TRU will have them in February?

I'm going to grab at least 4 of the 'battle pack' for the horse and accessories and probably sell off the bits I don't want (anyone interested in those skellies).

I really can't wait for these to come out. It's a good theme to invest in whilst waiting for the new Castle line.

So if these are supposed to come out in April, then maybe TRU will have them in February?

I would get 'em, even at those exorbant prices.

Waits over (for UK, atleast), the hamleys website has the POP sets (out of stock though :thumbdown: ) and desert attack seems to have an assassins creed style hidden blade!

Link:

http://www.hamleys.com/on/demandware.store...e%20of%20Persia

Wait a minute... This Desert Attack is something at least I haven't seen before. It looks very similar to the Hassassins' Hide-Out, but lacks the horse and the bush, and has an extra minifig and a shirtless Dastan.

Looks to be a perfect "battle pack" for those of you who want an army of nomads, for example. :wink:

That's weird :wacko:

Both have the same set number so I think one of them isn't real. I would guess at this one since we've got box pictures of the other but I'm not sure. :sceptic:

The best thing would of course be that they wrote the set number wrong and we're getting both sets :grin:

Edited by Etzel

I'm guessing the Hamleys picture is one of the older set before they redesigned it, since as someone mentioned we already have box pics of 7569. Too bad huh, getting 4 minifigs and a shirtless torso would have been awesome for $10. :tongue:

Oh, okay... I now believe that Hamley's has got the preliminary pictures up, too. The box-art is much more trustworthy to me than just a picture of the set.

I think the horse and the bush beat the one extra minifig any time. And we get the shirtless Dastan in the Ostritch Race set anyway.

I'd much rather have that extra hooded assassin than the goofy old skeleton. Plus I would also like to get that blade gauntlet and chocolate brown telescopes.

2j5dwxy.png21ca253.png

Holy Brick! That looks a hundred times better than the final set! :oh3: Shirtless Dastan, Sith-like bad-guy, knife gauntlet, new whip, telescopes, 2x2 jumper plates in dark tan and bley, and no useless skeleton or printed horse! :wub:

I'm even more disappointed in the set now that I know how awesome it was at some point! :angry:

Oh well. :cry_sad: At least we get a dark tan bush in the final version, I suppose...

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

I think it's too bad TLC decided to leave away one minifig as it turns out to be the one on the right side of this pic:

3788503519_28b2a14f18.jpg

He doesn't seem to be in one of the other sets any more, does he? :sceptic:

I think it's too bad TLC decided to leave away one minifig as it turns out to be the one on the right side of this pic:

*image clipped*

He doesn't seem to be in one of the other sets any more, does he? :sceptic:

Which set does the guy in the middle come in? It seems like a very versatile torso and head you could use for a lot of different MOC's involving peasants, street vendors, etc.