On the back cover of the new LEGO club magazine there is an ad for LEGO Atlantis with the date November 24th 2009 :cry_happy:

It looks like we may be getting LEGO Atlantis sooner than we expected!

I read it like that's the date the official Atlantis site will be launched.

Yes, that's the announcement for the launch of the subsite on LEGO.com. The sets will probably still come out mid-december.

Still, mid-December is earlier than most people were expecting,

most people were thinking that Atlantis wouldn't come out until after Christmas.

I personally think that some stores could have them by early December. :classic:

It looks to me that the lady diver have the same face as the Queen from the new castle bridge set.

Aye.

I said "soon", but I meant mid December by that.
Still, mid-December is earlier than most people were expecting...

LEGO do have a habit of dropping the new-release bomb right before Xmas. It's a brilliant strategy, what with all that Xmas/holiday gift-money needing spent :wink:

Also dabulls03 in the magazine did it have power miners 2010 :look:

It did. A comic countinuing the comic adventures. With the crystal king in rage, that $99.99 USD set drills a hole though the floor, to a lava lake where tunnels of lava flow here. The new lava rock monsters must have been disturb.

Nobody has the right to say that anything that anyone wants to call Atlantis isn't Atlantis. The story has been on the public domain for about three thousand years now, which means that anybody can do whatever the heck they want with the idea (including awesome curvacious red submarines) and it will still be Atlantis, because they say it is. I hate SW:CW, but I can't truthfully say it's not Star Wars, because the people who make it say it is, and, in doing so, change the definition of Star Wars to include it. Same with Atlantis.

Plus, you not liking the subject matter of a theme has nothing to do with it being <insert that tiresome argument>. If you had objected to the use of, say, the giant 4x16 slope used in the underwater podracer set, that would have been a matter of juniorization.

Sorry, I was just a little bit mad becouse I really really really want a Greek Mythology theme.

It did. A comic countinuing the comic adventures. With the crystal king in rage, that $99.99 USD set drills a hole though the floor, to a lava lake where tunnels of lava flow here. The new lava rock monsters must have been disturb.

Cool :thumbup:

OMG that cover/opposite of cover (crap I know that there's a word for that) Is freaking awesome! Is that the leviathon (don't kill me If I spelled it wrong) I spy, or something we haven't seen yet?

since when does the lego company release new things after the hollidays? that would not be efficiant and a huge money loser :tongue: unfotunately they never release anytthing for halloween

yes the theme does ressemble the flamboyant colors of power miners, and the excavation equiptment, and the fact that most sets are vehicles :hmpf_bad: , but there is no blue tho ugly-afy the theme but frankly I thing this is a fresh new theme, which I hope will never include blue ever do very well so that we can get a few more waves :classic:

and yes the squids are fantasticly atrocious eiugh they sicken me :sick: I wish that the lego compny could design an arrow-like squid instead of a hybrid squid octopus thing (but thats ok I can't either; the fact that I've never posted a moc is only half because I don't have the time)

sorry if this Is hard to read/understand, I had quotes but when I refreshed the page they were gone. I know this is a large post but I've had allot of homework and halloween stuf to do(not exactly ins that priority order) and haven't been on much.

OMG that cover/opposite of cover (crap I know that there's a word for that) Is freaking awesome! Is that the leviathon (don't kill me If I spelled it wrong) I spy, or something we haven't seen yet?

Fist of all do you guys know what the Leviathan is? It is a creature in the bible that had an enormous unbreakable shell rock hard skin its eyes shot lightning burning hot smoke came from its nostrils it shot fire and sparks out of its mouth could break through iron like it was straw and was so big that it was bigger than an island. And second of all no that is the shark not the snapping turtle.

It is a creature in the bible that had an enormous unbreakable shell rock hard skin its eyes shot lightning burning hot smoke came from its nostrils it shot fire and sparks out of its mouth could break through iron like it was straw and was so big that it was bigger than an island.

That is the most hilariously bad run-on-forever sentence ever! Plus bigger than an island? Bwahaha! The sheer vagueness of that is amusing to me, sorry :laugh:

But yeah, from Job I believe, I know that description, very cool. But much in the same way that Pterodactyl's are not Dinosaurs yet are still encapsulated by most people when saying the term, Leviathan has become a good public word to describe a massive, primal creature.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Actually Computerbug,the Leviathan's eyes only glowed.Second of all, it had realy hard scales,not a shell.Last of all,it was not as big as an island.It was the kraken,not the leviathan that was as big as an island in Scandinavian lore.Some scientists think it was the creature in this article.ARTICLE

Picture of a life size model I found on a Google search

bigcroc_wideweb__470x286,0.jpg

Edited by Sulfurix

Whatever. :tongue: In the bible in short it explains it as God's greatest creation and just to see it is unbearable just to say that whrn I think of a leviathan I think of something much much differentthan a snapping turtle. :wink:

leviathan.jpg

For those who are wondering, the Levaithan first came about in the bible, (I dont like to say old testement b/c i dont beleive in the new one), and I learnt that there were actually two fish created, and then G-d killed the other one since they would destroy the world. Either way, its one really big fish.

*eh-hem*

I seem to remember something in the guidelines about not discussing politics or religion (or the Great Pumpkin, for that matter)

Of course, if we all followed the guidelines, Computerbug and I would be kicked off until 2014 :sceptic:

So I guess I can throw my two cents in. Leviathan and Behemoth, both terms which originated in the Book of Job (and I think were re-used in the book of revelation, but that's a different matter entirely, so ignore it) have since been co-opted for the public use to mean, respectively, a huge monstrous sea creature and a huge monstrous land creature. Leviathan is used in such popular works as Candlewick Press's Monsterology and Quirk Classics' Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters, as well as used as an summonable creature in the game War of Conquest, and that's just the incidences off the top of my head. In each case, the creature depicted is entirely different. It's a bit like my rant on Atlantis above - if someone says it's a Leviathan, it's a Leviathan. Even if that person is Batbrick, and not a corporate entity like TLG.

Even if that person is Batbrick, and not a corporate entity like TLG.

Please, I'm a primal entity, I've seen the Leviathan for real! :tongue:

But yeah, to keep on topic; something about Lego, 'cetera.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Feels like the power miners just drill deeper and deeper disturbing more and more rock monsters :hmpf_bad:

Anyway, the new atlantis triangle things rock!

I so want one..

Edited by Zenox

Fist of all do you guys know what the Leviathan is? It is a creature in the bible that had an enormous unbreakable shell rock hard skin its eyes shot lightning burning hot smoke came from its nostrils it shot fire and sparks out of its mouth could break through iron like it was straw and was so big that it was bigger than an island. And second of all no that is the shark not the snapping turtle.

ugh I'm so sorry I brought that up :hmpf_bad: but thanx I think it is the shark, I just thought it to be something else for

I saw one in the background too.

Atlantis Leviathan:

The_Leviathan_by_dratex2.jpg

^- :grin:

YES!!!! :wub:

I'm not so certain about the shiny triangle things. They may work as MacGuffins for the theme, but will they work as lego pieces? I mean, crystals and gold pieces are nice and generic, you can use them in any theme and lots of MOCs. But I'm not sure about these.

I love the fact that the crystals are unique rather than generic like gold and crystals, I mean it give a real sence of plot to the theme, not just another, "lets take everything we can see mates and I see shiny" like pirates, MM, Power miners(now with extra blue), and every other theme. they're keys not crystals

:cry_happy:

They seem like they'd make good wheels on some wizard's cart of tricks.

Or something.

They seem like they'd make good wheels on some wizard's cart of tricks.

not if you were trying to make them move, cause there's nowere to put an axel.

I don't realy see another use for the keys, but hey I only thought that squidmans head was usefull as an aliens head. I didn't see it's usefullness as the base of a future SP hoverthing.